Inquiry Steven Brenner Transaction - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:03 PM   #71
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by calebroad View Post
I can see a possible defense that perhaps I changed the transaction. It should be noted that I began to change the transaction as time kept passing on. So, your right. After so much time I wanted my turtle back.

But with that said, nothing has been offered. Not the "original" deal, not a small portion, not a fraction, not one single penny has been offered.

Can anything I possible do, call for my turtle to just be "gone"?

No matter what mistake I might make. Does it make it okay to run away with my turtle? in my head, that turtle is in Steven Brenners possession, and nothing can change the fact, that baby turtle has not been paid for.

At least that's how I think IMO
You and Steven made an agreement that you would get a split scute snow, so there HAS been an offer which you accepted. You broke the terms of the original agreement and he is now trying to accommodate you.
The issue now seems to be one of timing. Since you were the one who broke the original agreement, I think that Steven is entitled to some time to complete the new agreement.
I would love to be there when you try to tell a judge that Steven committed a felony when YOU broke an agreement and he didn't accommodate you fast enough to suit you.

Old 10-18-2016, 01:40 PM   #72
calebroad
Clerify

This is what happened, in order (please see texts, specifically text number three, where after Steven Brenner specifies he no longer wishes to stick to the original deal, and needs to change the deal.

1. Original deal was my caramel het snow turtle trade for albino charcoal 100% het. Then green 100% hets, but also albino charcoals poss het, green poss het. Same value (original deal)

2. As stated in text messages, Steven Brenner did not hatch out what he thought was going to hatch, causing him to request a change in the original deal. OP was open to this, along with other statements, OP was already becoming suspicious.

3. OP later discovered that Steven Brenner does not have the ability to create 100% hets, since I have now learned he only had poss hets in his possession.

4. OP did become open to changing the deal, as to lower the chances of absorbing a loss. However, OP became open to changing the original deal once Steven Brenner made it clear, his hatching made the original deal impossible to honor.
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2016, 01:48 PM   #73
nickolasanastasiou
Chris, you appear to be owed the hatchling snow with split scutes according to the latest agreement.

It looks like you shipped USPS when you sent the caramel het albino hatchling. Why did you use that method? It is against USPS policy and is considered illegal.

Old 10-18-2016, 02:13 PM   #74
calebroad
Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
Chris, you appear to be owed the hatchling snow with split scutes according to the latest agreement.

It looks like you shipped USPS when you sent the caramel het albino hatchling. Why did you use that method? It is against USPS policy and is considered illegal.
Yes, I do agree. Please see attached text, on August 27th, Steven Brenner just decided to buy the turtle. And requested on week. I believe today is October 18th.

So, lets give the snow with split scutes two weeks (say halloween time). If nothing is provided, I want my caramel het snow back.

Please tell me what is unfair about that. Thank You!

Old 10-18-2016, 02:17 PM   #75
calebroad
Here is that text

Quote:
Yes, I do agree. Please see attached text, on August 27th, Steven Brenner just decided to buy the turtle. And requested on week. I believe today is October 18th.

So, lets give the snow with split scutes two weeks (say halloween time). If nothing is provided, I want my caramel het snow back.

Please tell me what is unfair about that. Thank You!
Forgot to attach text......here it is, thank you
Attached Images

Old 10-18-2016, 05:50 PM   #76
calebroad
Steven Brenner

Steven Brenner, are you agreeable to this? Your payment was not received a week after August 27th as promised, and a split scute snow was not received by September 20th as promised.

So If I have something by Halloween, Its been eight months since our text messages started.

Nicholas? Are you requesting more texts? Am I missing anything Lucille? By all means, please request, and I will provide what i can.

Ultimately, I want my turtle back, I would pay for shipping, and I want my turtle back. However, I have agreed to payment, a perfect caramel, or split scute snow.

Is any resolution in sight? Or do we just let the OP exhaust himself making his case, then forget about it? Im just curious, how does this typically end. Steven Brenner just ignores all you, I make my case to the best of my ability, then all goes quiet?

We need to squash this stuff from the reptile industry is my take. Absolutely squash it

Old 10-18-2016, 06:07 PM   #77
erobertg
I would like to personally vouch for the kind and honest character of Chris Davis. Chris has gone out of his way to accommodate me and has always owned up to any issues that were his own responsibility. I'm in no way involved in this issue beyond actually knowing Chris and having done business with him in the past.

However, I've been scammed before and have lost a fair amount of money during my time buying reptiles online. As such, I am hoping to see better resolutions for situations like these and feel that potential scammers should be called out publicly for what they are.

- Robert

Old 10-18-2016, 07:29 PM   #78
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by erobertg View Post
I would like to personally vouch for the kind and honest character of Chris Davis.
IP check, please

Chris Davis. Putting aside for a moment the ugly past posts he has made, in my opinion he fraudulently initiated a chargeback with Paypal, and he seems to have illegally shipped a turtle via USPS

Quote:
You performed chargebacks (that you later dropped) for the funds sent for animals that you had already received, yes?
Quote:

Quote:
Is any resolution in sight? Or do we just let the OP exhaust himself making his case, then forget about it? Im just curious, how does this typically end. Steven Brenner just ignores all you, I make my case to the best of my ability, then all goes quiet?

We need to squash this stuff from the reptile industry is my take. Absolutely squash it
Well we certainly need to squash illegal mailing of turtles via USPS.
No doubt you've read BOI threads where members take action. But I am speaking for myself: after your ugliness, after your fraud, and if you indeed send a turtle USPS, and your interminable whining, when Steven has actually said he is going to ship the critter?
I'm not taking action in your behalf. Although I did, as I said I would, send a link to Paypal of this thread.

Old 10-18-2016, 07:45 PM   #79
calebroad
Shipping of animal

I have been made aware, by the Postal Service, not to ship live animals using that service. Ever since then, I have used shipyourreptiles.com with great success. Thank you for pointing that out, and that would be a great topic for discussion on another thread. I certainly appreciate any advice I can get, and only use shipyourreptiles, now.

Back to the topic at hand, do you have any relevant advice for retrieving my stolen turtle. Since I showed that although I did agree to change the deal, I was not the one that initiated the change of original deal.

Is there anything relevant to the theft at hand (stolen animal) that you would like me to post further about? Do you have anything you would like me to post that is related to, or is relevant to the caramel pink het snow, that is gone, without payment? Thank You!

Old 10-18-2016, 07:51 PM   #80
Gerards
I'm friends with both people involved in this topic, and have been asked several times, by both people, what my opinion is. The mods only seem to address their hurt feelings from the past, so I thought I'd respond. Steven, he's agreed to the caramel or split snow, what's the hold up? That Caramel is huge and worth the trade he's agreed to, and it's been along time now. If you can come up with the trade, what's the problem? There's 3 clear routes to choose from, and that's come up with the cash, the trade, or return the caramel. I know Dawn loves that turtle, and if I had one of those turtles I'd give t to you to square up with, but the fact is that you owe him from that caramel. I don't see what's so complicated about it. Mods, great job at staying on topic, you guys are real pros.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!