Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 52 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:30 AM   #511
Lucille
The picture in post #200 shows a raffle taking place in Arizona, with the IRCF staff congratulating Michelle on her win.
If this was not an Arizona non profit raffle,which is one of the exceptions, there are some criminal statutes against gambling in Arizona which may apply against the IRCF.

Ty certainly had a major part in this debacle.

Old 01-06-2017, 02:10 AM   #512
brosborough
That would be an easy way out for Ty. Thought Judge Judy show pays the awarded person. Meaning if you won the $3000.00 claim, that show pays it. Part of the incentive to go there to make the tv show. Unlike a normal court setting where even if you win you still have to collect which could be an even longer process.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:02 AM   #513
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosborough View Post
That would be an easy way out for Ty. Thought Judge Judy show pays the awarded person. Meaning if you won the $3000.00 claim, that show pays it. Part of the incentive to go there to make the tv show. Unlike a normal court setting where even if you win you still have to collect which could be an even longer process.
You are absolutely correct, the show pays ALL costs including travel, accommodations, damages etc. They obviously know what the awards are going to be before they solicit the plaintiff. They peruse recent small claims records and contact the plaintiff to see if they are interested, unfortunately it does require both parties to consent.
This would have been a very easy out for Ty so now it seems increasingly obvious that his stubborn pride is what is standing in the way of resolving this matter.
Unless he truly believes his counter claim is all he needs to take care of this.

Old 01-06-2017, 05:42 AM   #514
juliasara
I can understand not wanting to air dirty laundry to the world but not going on the judge judy show probably wasn't the best decision because the show settles disputes through arbitration and not litigation, ty wouldnt have any civil judgement added to his record if he loses. Plus as already stated the show would have paid whatever they decided was fair to award michelle so not only would he get a free all expense paid trip to LA, his wallet and record wouldn't take a hit. Sure I can understand not wanting to have a televised record of you being wrong but I'd definitely have to seriously consider going on the show to avoid there being a court record plus having someone else pay my debt for me and a paid vacation are pretty tempting.

Old 01-06-2017, 07:08 AM   #515
Herpin Man
If it were me, I'd MUCH rather risk losing in small claims court, than doing so on national TV, regardless of Judge Judy paying the award.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:20 PM   #516
DavidBeard
Any comment or attempt at an explanation for the email sent to Rich from his "attorney"? I wonder if hes saying anything about the situation on FB....

Old 01-06-2017, 03:13 PM   #517
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliasara View Post
I can understand not wanting to air dirty laundry to the world but not going on the judge judy show probably wasn't the best decision...
Wrong. It was the smartest decision Ty could make.

Go back to the letter that the IRCF wrote, where it stated that Ty "organized and manged" the raffle. The problem is that as a non-charity, Ty legally can't hold any raffles. The last thing you want to have hanging over your head in a civil suit is, as I heard a judge rather delicately put it a few years back, "Fifth Amendment issues".

Further, the IRCF doesn't get to benefit from Ty's illegal acts by stating that they had no involvement - but oh by the way, we're happy to take the cash from it and run.

That is not the kind of information you want aired on national television if you're either Ty or the IRCF.

Old 01-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #518
Sugarhedgie
I was extatic to win
I have had tegus and know their care and all I want or my tegu or the cash that was promised.
I am completely baffled that ty took everyone's money for raffle tickets and refuses to give me the prize.
I just wanted my tegu. If not yes I wanted the cash but a ty park tegu was always my first choice!!!!

Because he had an illegal raffle the small claims courts may not be able to force him to give me a tegu or award me the money because the raffle was illegal even though they know he should give me either a tegu or the money.

This may be a criminal thing for him holding an illegal raffle , this is something the FL and AZ attorney generals will most likely be investigating

Giving me the prize he promised would be much easier for/on everyone involved.
It's unfortunate his ego and narcissism is getting in the way of us being able to just settle this

Old 01-06-2017, 04:27 PM   #519
Sugarhedgie
Is there any way of finding out if ty actually sent the IRCF the whole $14,510??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Wrong. It was the smartest decision Ty could make.

Go back to the letter that the IRCF wrote, where it stated that Ty "organized and manged" the raffle. The problem is that as a non-charity, Ty legally can't hold any raffles. The last thing you want to have hanging over your head in a civil suit is, as I heard a judge rather delicately put it a few years back, "Fifth Amendment issues".

Further, the IRCF doesn't get to benefit from Ty's illegal acts by stating that they had no involvement - but oh by the way, we're happy to take the cash from it and run.

That is not the kind of information you want aired on national television if you're either Ty or the IRCF.

Old 01-06-2017, 08:50 PM   #520
snakesareawesome
I think if he is convicted of a crime, he may be ordered to pay restitution so hang in their and keep pursuing it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu