A Couple For Adoption in GA - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Adoptions

Notices

Adoptions This section is for people OFFERING animals for adoption. NOT solicitations asking for free animals.

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 10:55 PM   #1
Winter
A Couple For Adoption in GA

Hi there,

I have a couple of animals available for adoption to GOOD homes:

0.0.1 Adult Savannah/Bosc's Monitor- Unknown age and background, but has a good attitude and has not tried to bite me. Needs to put some weight on and has some old healed injuries/missing toes from his previous owner(s?). Eats anything offered. $25 adoption fee.

0.1 Adult BCI- Unknown age and background. Not tame. She isn't horrible to deal with, but she has struck at me. She is very large and heavy: 5-6 feet long and girth about that of a 2L bottle. Has nice color and a nice red tail. Had very bad mite infestation- I have been treating her, but I doubt she is mite-free already, so the adopter would have to be willing to continue to treat for mites. Eats frozen/thawed rats and guinea pigs (the largest I can order from RodentPro.com) like a pig. $100 adoption fee.

These animals are for local pick-up only please. I am located in Conyers, GA, which is east of Atlanta and I can meet you at an interstate exit nearby if it would be helpful. Please do your research if you are interested in one or both of these guys as I want them to be taken care of properly. I will not adopt these two to minors and please don't contact me if you wish to adopt them from me for re-sale purposes.

Thanks for your time,

Lauren

Old 02-17-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
Playnwifsnot
I wanted to ask how you were treating for mites? I know it sounds funny, but my vet(the former toledo zoo vet) has enlightened me to Pam, the cooking spray...lol He said at the zoo, if anyone came down with mites, if you spry them down well with pam, even their heads, usually after a week, the mites die off. Spray them down heavily,and lightly over the head, the use a good eye drop. Rinse them off in warm water. This worked well for our iguanas at the store, within 4 days, we seen no more mites, and they had them pretty bad.

Old 02-17-2007, 11:12 PM   #3
Winter
Hi there,

Thanks for your inquiry. I use Provent-A-Mite with my rescues and have had good success with it.

Take care,

Lauren Rost

Old 02-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #4
ratsaretasty
Do you still have? Intersted with ability to pick up, but not for a couple weeks when I make my way that way.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 PM   #5
Winter
Still Available

Hi there,

I have received a lot of interest on these two, but they are both still currently available for adoption.

Thanks!

Lauren

Old 02-25-2007, 11:46 AM   #6
ratsaretasty
Lauren,
Could you possibly send pics to ratsaretasty@hotmail.com of both? Pics to show size relations, health (i.e. stretched out so body mass can be seen and so forth), and anything else which can be photo-documented to help assess the animals short of physical examination. As well, if you have any other information whch was not posted here, please let me know. How is the mite infestation working out?
Thanks,
Greg

Old 02-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #7
Winter
I'll send you a PM.

Thanks!

Lauren

Old 02-28-2007, 08:20 PM   #8
dj22caliber
would you be willing to ship if i were to pay for the shipping? i would greatly appreciate it i am extremely interested in the adult bci, and i have experience with larger snakes if so then you can email me at dj22caliber@yahoo.com

Old 02-28-2007, 08:43 PM   #9
Winter
Hi there,

Thanks for the interest, but the female BCI is no longer available. The Bosc's/Savannah monitor is still up for adoption locally to a GOOD home.

Thanks!

Lauren

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread