Bill Cagle sold me IBD!!! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-23-2004, 04:24 PM   #81
RTBoas
OMG, Lastnight was my first time finding out about this BOI, and damn, I bought a snake from Bill Cagle, what should I do?

ehh

Tony

Old 02-23-2004, 04:27 PM   #82
RTBoas
For some reason I cant edit my own post, but I bought a snake from Bill Cagle about 3 weeks ago, I guess it was. Wonder if I'm going to have a Problem?

Old 02-23-2004, 04:29 PM   #83
Mickey_TLK
This thread is VERY old, and all the animals involved in it are long since out of Bills care I would GUESS.

I wouldnt be worried about this issue, however feel free to contact Bill and Im sure he would explain the situation to you.

Hope this helps put your mind at ease a bit

MIckey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 02-23-2004, 04:56 PM   #84
JungleHabitats
Thanks Tanith for that post on LIVE testing

I have told many person's that there is a test that can be done on a LIVE BOA for IBD by way of a liver Biopsy and such but was always met with a strong rebuttal of " Im dreaming - Im crazy-I need to read more about the IBD and find a new vet " and many more things lol.Well unfortunately my vet is now 3 hrs away from me now but will still bethe ONLY vet i will ever spend my $$$ with on my animals .I made the mistake of goingto a vet where i moved to who said they had VAST reptile experience. well after treating my prized male anery 66% het for snow 2 days later he was dead in his cage from a overdose of Amikacin that the vet had injected into the base of the snakes head.... i was later that week removed from her office by there local police department for lets say showing my bleep ... a knowledgeable vet is a commodity worth more then gold IMHO again thanks for reconfirming what i knew atleast i know i wasnt all those things i have been called for telling people that lol

Old 02-23-2004, 05:07 PM   #85
RTBoas
OK, guys I'm really new to all this, What are some signs of IBD?

Sorry for bring up the pasted but I'm still scared about this topic, because it hits home.

I bought a Snake from bill and It seems to be eat like a horse.
The thing is small and very skinny, but again it's a baby.

Old 02-23-2004, 05:13 PM   #86
Mickey_TLK
Ok

FIrst if it were me, and I were that concerned, I would speak with Bill directly, either by phone or email. As I dont want to step on any toes, or make any false statements.

Now to signs of IBD. A easy quick test will be to see if you boa is able to right itslef when turned on its back. So set it on its back in its cage, or on a warm floor, and see if it can quickly turn right side up.

Next a boa with IBD if I am not mistaken will "star gaze" . Im not sure the best way to describe this, but it almost looks like the boa is constantly beinc "charmed" into looking upwards for long periods of times.

Now if you boa is unable to right itself, or stargazes, that doesnt mean you have diagnosed it with IBD, but you would definetly want that animal checked out to see whats happening.

I want to close with Im not a vet or an experet on the topic, so this is just my limited understanding of the situation.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 02-23-2004, 05:14 PM   #87
Mickey_TLK
Im also no spelling bee champ either, sorry about all the typos.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 02-23-2004, 05:40 PM   #88
RTBoas
Ok, thxs bro, I will give this test tonight. NP on the typos, as long as I can make it out

I'm Praying right now that I don't have IBD.

Tony

Old 02-23-2004, 05:49 PM   #89
RTBoas
--- Bcaglereps@aol.com wrote:
> HEY TONY, I SELL ONLY THE BEST AND ONLY PERFECTLY
> HEALTHY ANIMALS. I'M A BIT
> SURPRISED YOU WOULD LET SOMETHING SOMEONE SAID ON
> THE BOI, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS
> THE "BOARD OF IDIOTS" INFLUENCE THE WAY YOU FEEL
> ABOUT ME OR MY ANIMALS. IN
> FACT, I AM TOTALLY INSULTED. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO
> SHIP YOUR ANIMAL BACK FOR A
> FULL REFUND. EMAIL ME YOUR PHONE NUMBER AS I WOULD
> LIKE TO GIVE YOU A CALL.
>
> THANKS, BILL

Old 02-23-2004, 06:27 PM   #90
Brian Oakley
I supported Bill on this thread when it first came up. It was proven that the animal in question just came through his collection and was not one of HIS snakes.
Your snake is fine!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!