Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-15-2010, 05:23 AM   #71
hhmoore
Coming from Tim, I didn't take it as such...though apparently at least a couple of people did (assuming that you are one, since you made the post). For the record, threats or suggestions of violence are not condoned by this site; nor will they be tolerated.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:33 AM   #72
Tim Cole
Thumbs down

No physical threat was alluded to.

If I owed money to someone that may possibly end up at my door step, I would make a big effort to avoid that by paying him. As mentioned, it's only $170!

Carl has been very patient and polite but also very business with this situation.

He is not the only one having this issue with Todd and he knows that.

Carl offered Todd a way to take care of this with no money out of Todd's pocket but he is declining that also.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:42 PM   #73
Dennis Hultman

Todd,
Due to recent posts and reported posts, I took a moment to read the previous threads regarding you, including the retaliatory thread you started about the original topic here and your previous bad guy thread. Considering you are claiming bias here, I thought it would be the correct and unbiased move to make before formulating my opinion.

Previous statements by you have been that "the fix is in" how moderators respond to topics and individual posters. I assure you that it is not. If a individual poster posts any threats of violence they will be dealt with swiftly.

This seems to be the first response to any individual posting unfavorable statements in regards to business dealings with you Mr. Gearheart.

Considering this isn't the first time you have made the claim that Moderators are being bias

Quote:
the fix is in
Quote:
The buddy system
Quote:
Bias shown
Quote:
Funny, I saw one posted on me, but you didn't have the same opinion? Bias shown. The fix is in.
Quote:
Joel,

Check this out:

"You have received an infraction at FaunaClassifieds.
Reason: Antagonism towards moderators
-------
"The fix is in"? You've got some nerve, hoss.

Plus many more statements that last couple of years. It's about to come to a end here. No matter which individual makes a post if it isn't positive, it's moderator abuse or bias by this site, according to you. Even going back to 2007 on your BOI thread. It's always this site or a moderators fault.

Quote:
"The Art of War" again, maybe you should find a book and read it if titled "The Art of Net Forum Moderating".
Quote:
I suggest your moderator duties be terminated immediately. If you continue your agenda, then maybe your membership on this site needs to be evaluated as well.
Yet, you continue to us the resources of this site.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ds.php?u=20991
If it is so bad don't use the free resources of this site. The door is open.
Report a post if you like and you think it violates the rules but you have cried the bias claim one two many times and as far as I'm concerned it has reached the antagonism stage. If you have issues with a statement respond to the poster. The years of complaining bias from this site and its moderators about every issue you have with different individual members has warn thin with the moderators and we are done with it.

Old 08-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #74
John Apple
Wow man...this is simple guys really simple
Todd....take care of this and fix this problem with the initiator of the thread....
Rick....cmon man...why the bait and switch....your dealings with Todd have long been over...if I remember correctly it was an age thing....your of age now and a decent young man so stop the campaign as it was called...lol
I had a problem with Todd many years ago and he has MORE than made up for any disagreement with me ...in fact we have had quite a few stellar deals...
I will say this to all those thinking otherwise...these are my words and none other than mine...those that know me know I am all about my way
Harold and Dennis...you guys don't do a bad job at all as long as your emotions stay out of it...something that has taken me some time to learn in my almost 50 years

Old 08-15-2010, 08:58 PM   #75
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Apple View Post
Rick....cmon man...why the bait and switch....your dealings with Todd have long been over...if I remember correctly it was an age thing....your of age now and a decent young man so stop the campaign as it was called...lol
John, you are absolutely right, my transaction with Todd ended a year ago, but I feel the need to voice what I have observed, advise potential/future buyers, and hopefully help Carl get his money back (I sent Todd an email alerting him of this thread a few days ago). The details of our transaction, however, are irrelevant. LOL @ the campaign, typical of Todd to state/assume that everyone who disagrees with/does not like him to have a bias, an agenda, is conducting a hatchet job, is up to no good, etc etc etc.

Old 11-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #76
carl franklin
Finally got paid back

Just an update a while back (in the last 2 months) I finally received the remaining balance owed to me by Todd Gearheart.

I decided that basic legal action was necessary. So to my wife's suggestion I contacted Judge Mathis. Yes, the very same afternoon television small claims court program. I got a call from the show's producer within 30 minutes of my email to them. They were VERY eager to have us on the program and I was willing to go. Apparently Todd finally found the inspiration to pay the money he owed me so it was called off. Whether or not the contact from the show's producers or this forum did the trick I don't know (I think it was the show).

Don't let crooked dealings get the best of you and ruin the image of decent herpetoculturist. The people with terrible reputations need to be run out of the business and exposed.

Carl J. Franklin

Old 03-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #77
stingray
Thumbs up Tod Gearheart...2 THUMBS UP!

Just finished a transaction with Tod today. I have to say that dealing with Tod is top notch. He is a master at his knowledge of what he sells. His communication is super fast, packing and shipping is outstanding, and his animals he sells are beyond expectation. He truly is a class act. 2 THUMBS UP TO YOU SIR!

Old 12-12-2012, 08:21 AM   #78
jacuoco88
This has been Todd Gearheart's modus operandi for YEARS !!!!!

Todd Gearheart has had a pattern and practice of engaging in these types of fraudulent business practices for years. It amazes me how he's been able to get away with it for so long. Perhaps the State of Florida should concern itself with eradicating this breed of snake instead of obsessing over the invasive Burmese Python. Todd Gearheart is the Bernie Madoff of the pet trade. He takes "pre-orders" from imports that never arrive and sells stock that doesn't exist. Then when the fraud victim takes to the Internet to expose him, he goes into mental meltdown mode and makes irrational and unfounded allegations against the person he victimized. Next, he unravels into a state of paranoid delusions with his claims of grand conspiracies and moderator bias. I only learned about this thread after I filed my own thread in the Insect/Arachnid BOI. This guy's all over the place !!
Two new things I learned about Gearheart from this thread is that he dislikes people from New York and Miami and he hates when people use exclamation points. Will someone get this guy the help he so desperately needs !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-15-2012, 06:08 PM   #79
jacuoco88
Post Judge Mathis of TV Court Program Gets Todd Gearheart To PAY UP !!

[/size]
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl franklin View Post
Just an update a while back (in the last 2 months) I finally received the remaining balance owed to me by Todd Gearheart.

I decided that basic legal action was necessary. So to my wife's suggestion I contacted Judge Mathis. Yes, the very same afternoon television small claims court program. I got a call from the show's producer within 30 minutes of my email to them. They were VERY eager to have us on the program and I was willing to go. Apparently Todd finally found the inspiration to pay the money he owed me so it was called off. Whether or not the contact from the show's producers or this forum did the trick I don't know (I think it was the show).

Don't let crooked dealings get the best of you and ruin the image of decent herpetoculturist. The people with terrible reputations need to be run out of the business and exposed.

Carl J. Franklin
Mr Franklin, kudos to you for having the courage and ingenuity for threatening to drag this petty con artist on national TV and having Judge Mathis tear him a new ! That was his sole motivation for paying you back the money he owed you. And you're right, he needs to be exposed and run out of the business.

Old 12-18-2012, 04:00 PM   #80
jacuoco88
Stop! TODD GEARHEART - King of BAIT & SWITCH SCHEME

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnew View Post
I prepaid for a few centipedes from the South America shipment as well (S. viridicornis and S. gigantea) and they too never arrived. I was pretty irritated at first as well, but Todd went above and beyond when it came to offering animals that were of the same value.

I don't think I'd ever pre-order an animal from any dealer again if it wasn't in stock, but if it was in stock I'd order from Todd again in a heart beat.

He's a great guy to talk to on the phone and via emails. Easily one of the best dealers I've dealt with in a LONG time.

A whole bunch of people have prepaid Re-Todd for S. gigantea and S. viridicornis
Centipedes that never arrive. Then, after six months of waiting, they're offered something common that he has in stock. He doesn't give refunds. EVER. Yet, this bird says he's "one of the best dealers I've dealt with ...." P.T. Barnum was correct when he said, "There's a sucker born every minute."

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!