Who Stole My Security Tokens?! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #1
Twizted Paths
Who Stole My Security Tokens?!

I want them back

Seriously though, I'm having major issues posting, replying to pm's & managing my subscriptions here. I've gotten this error message when trying to upload attachments as well.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox, my cache is emptied, cookies are enabled & I don't even use adblock on this site

This is the only place it's happening at.

Rich said to ask ya'all since I'm the only one who's said they're having issues. Has the site it's self become sentient and decided I need muzzled or something?

Old 03-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
Twizted Paths
Here's the message since my screenshots suck..

Quote:
vBulletin Message

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #3
hhmoore
Does it do that if you use IE?
(I have no idea why you would get that message, just curious how consistent it is)

Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #4
Twizted Paths
No, I hate it. Pictures display right at all with it, I'll try it for you though.

I have better luck posting through the Quick Reply function as opposed to the Post Reply if that matters any.

The only way I've been getting anything through is by hitting the back button on my browser & resubmitting. Which tends to erase my typing putting me back to square one >.<

Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 PM   #5
WebSlave
Before my system crashed on Saturday (because of all things, my virus program {BitDefender} went berserk after an update and started identifying ALL exe and dll files as being virus infected!) I was using Safari and Chrome with real decent results. Page displays were VERY quick, with Safari having an edge over Chrome. Both were a magnitude faster then IE.

But even with the sky falling for the last several days, I never got an error message like yours.

Of course, when I reinstalled BitDefender, it claimed that both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Windows were malicious programs (which I guess I really can't dispute) and I had to specifically allow them to execute. At those warnings, I uninstalled BitDefender and loaded another virus program called Vipre instead...

Damn computers are going to drive me to drink.......

Old 03-24-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
hhmoore
I've had that issue on a couple of sites...but never got a message about security tokens.
The one site they ended up doing something that fixed it...the other one I had to make sure I clicked the Remember Me/Automatic LogIn box (I forget which it was on that site) - if I didn't I effectively got booted every time I changed a page...which included submitting posts.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #7
hhmoore
uhoh - I have bitdefender on my laptop....
I don't do a lot of surfing on that though - I use it for photography, my website, and here. Guess I can't get into too much trouble

Old 03-24-2010, 08:22 PM   #8
Twizted Paths
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Guess I can't get into too much trouble
Hope you knocked on wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
...the other one I had to make sure I clicked the Remember Me/Automatic LogIn box (I forget which it was on that site) - if I didn't I effectively got booted every time I changed a page...which included submitting posts.
I thought that was the problem after I cleared everything out, shut down all my browsers & ran CCleaner. It's not either

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Before my system crashed on Saturday (because of all things, my virus program {BitDefender} went berserk after an update and started identifying ALL exe and dll files as being virus infected!) I was using Safari and Chrome with real decent results. Page displays were VERY quick, with Safari having an edge over Chrome. Both were a magnitude faster then IE.

But even with the sky falling for the last several days, I never got an error message like yours.

Of course, when I reinstalled BitDefender, it claimed that both Internet Explorer and Microsoft Windows were malicious programs (which I guess I really can't dispute) and I had to specifically allow them to execute. At those warnings, I uninstalled BitDefender and loaded another virus program called Vipre instead...

Damn computers are going to drive me to drink.......
Really good to know I'm not the only one that has to fight my computer.

*sigh* Even my posting problems have to be weird & unusual.

I'll find & try Safari or roll back my firefox version.

My computer won't stay functioning for extended periods with Chrome & for some ungodly reason clicking links brings up any random browser it feels like. It's like Russian Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizted Paths View Post
No, I hate it. Pictures display right at all with it, I'll try it for you though.
They don't display right. The buttons aren't even displaying right & the smilies aren't animated, plus I have no spell check. I need spell check.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:45 PM   #9
StrictlyExotics
Ive been having odd issues with IE, but nothing like Belle's. Mine will not keep me logged in even when I have the box checked. Nothing I cannot tolerate until its fixed.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 PM   #10
Twizted Paths
Chrome will not let me log in to the site. It just acts like I never tried, no error message or anything. I wonder if the people that can't get logged in are using Chrome?

Donna's having posting delays, which I've had as well. I think that's just a dial up thing though.

I'm just going to have to roll back to the older version until I can convince Safari to download for me.

It's something with this version of FF & this site not being compatible, has to be. Stupid browser upgrade

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!