Bad Guy TJ reptiles Jack Wilson Dundonald Northern Ireland - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > International Board of Inquiry®

Notices

International Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry outside of the USA and Canada. Please note the rules before posting!

Old 07-01-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Alex Beckett
Thumbs down TJ reptiles Jack Wilson Dundonald Northern Ireland

Review for TJ reptiles in Dundonald, Northern Ireland

****reviews on his page have now been switched of in an attempt to hide this***

Bought a baby bearded dragon 9 weeks and 5 days ago. She was only 3 weeks old, I didn't realise at the time that this was way too young to be sold because I trusted him. After 5 days she still hadn't eaten and I visited him in his store to try and get some appropriate size feeder insects and discussed her problem. He was very dismissive and didn't have any the correct size despite having 18 other baby babies that would have needed it. I went else where for bugs. I then tried to contact him on Facebook message to ask for advice, I had contacted him using this method when I was enquiring about purchasing her and he had replied swiftly. The message I sent looking for help was read and ignored. I had to seek out advice elsewhere, after I discovered that the problem could have stemmed from her very young age, I sent another, very friendly and polite message asking him to consider holding on to the other 18 or so hatchlings for a while. This message was read and ignored for at least a week.

I left a bad review on his page at this point and suddenly had his undivided attention. I received threats from him, he claimed that her condition was all my fault and she was fine when I got her, he used the fact that his sister had just died to excuse his behaviour in ignoring my requests for help. This was a lie and has been confirmed by a personal friend of his.

My beardy still has a long way to go to being healthy and she may never make it there. We have been faced with some tough decisions but I can't give up on her. She doesn't deserve to pay the price for his lack of caring for living creatures. We are working closely with the vet to improve her condition. She is now over 3 months old and still weighs only 8 grams.

I have screenshots of all correspondence, even stuff he put on his wall in reply and then deleted later. He has blocked me now but I don't really care because there is nothing he could say that will make this better. I've spent hundreds on her, vet bills, supplements and wasted live food trying to get her well and it isn't over yet. I don't care about the money but I don't want other animals to go through this.

I've since been sent a picture of the babies he has remaining and they look healthy thankfully, it appears he did take the advice contained in my message even if he couldn't be bothered to reply. All mention of these bearded dragons were removed from his page.

I have a load more screenshots but it will only let me upload 4. Hopefully you can see from them that I was reasonable and polite. I did not deserve the abuse that followed.
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2017, 10:07 PM   #2
Snake-Queen
My response on your other post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
You will need to attach your images via fauna and not another place.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=304671

When I bred bearded dragons, I didn't sell till they were at least six weeks old, because you may have one that may not thrive and refuses to eat.

Thank you for trying with the little one.

Look for a local breeder for your next baby, one who cares about the animals and their customers.

Do you have proof that his sister did not die?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!