false water cobra bites - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-18-2006, 12:37 AM   #21
Tim Cole
Nope...

As a responcible venomous breeder I called Arizona Fish & Game when I was asked to sell a White-lipped Viper to an Arizona residence. I called and spoke to officials and they gave me the link online that stated this. Sorry, I didn't keep the link. Check it out yourself. Don't just take my word for it. Do the research and then get back to us.

Old 02-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #22
extreme_bci
Ok I'm not trying to start anything. But I do now that you can have False water cobras out there. I used to live in AZ and you could just go into a pet store and buy them. You saying some one can't have a false water cobra in AZ is just like you saying you can't have a Madagascar Hog nose or a Mangrove in AZ witch you can. Saleing a person a White-lipped Viper in AZ is totally a different mater.

Old 02-20-2006, 03:37 PM   #23
Archimedes Artifex
No matter where you live you can not keep venomous snakes within city limits. I would not recommend anyone without prior experience keeping any sort of venemoid without being able to keep a coachwhip without getting bit. Venemous snakes are dangerous and must be treated with precaution and respect. They are just trying to defend themselves 99% of the time. I have only caught 1 wild bullsnake and it did not bite me. Every other pituophis I have come across in captivity may hiss and puff up, and even strike with his mouth closed. I have never been bit by one. I once chased a coachwhip into a thicket, and by the time I cornered the snake he was lashing out at me violently. I grabbed him and before I could get him in the pillow case I had been bitten 6 times. I'm just trying to give some helpful advice, what if that coachwhip was your false water cobra. Well, I can safely say you'd be dead, or in the most horrid pain you have and will ever feel.

-Richard

Old 02-20-2006, 09:57 PM   #24
extreme_bci
If your talking to me about experience. I have plunty of experience with venomous and non-venomous snakes. Just take a look at the pics, this is some of stuff I keep when I live in Missouri. And really the only way you can die form a false water cobra is if you an allergic reation to the venom.

Here a pic of me holding a Monocle cobra.

Here's a few other pics.

And I keep ALOT of other hots as while. The best experience you can get is hands on.

Thanks, Josh

Old 02-20-2006, 10:00 PM   #25
extreme_bci
Few more pics.

Thanks, Josh

Old 02-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #26
RosterImposter
Did you really think it was necessary to post the same picture 5 times?

Old 02-21-2006, 07:06 PM   #27
extreme_bci
No that was an accident. It was spost to be these pics.

Thanks, Josh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!