Announcement on sale of reptiles to Landon johnson and Ann McCabemiles by Fred Albury - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 04:54 PM   #1
Fred Albury
Announcement on sale of reptiles to Landon johnson and Ann McCabemiles by Fred Albury

This is in response to a post that was submitted by posts by both Landon Johnson and Ann McCabemiles less than 5 days ago.

In all honesty BOTH these individuals are telling the truth. I owe Landon 1.1 Western Hognose, which he paid for in full, and which resisted feeding the first 4 months of their life. He has contacted me numerous times and I have not been prompt in returning emails. I had offered him another snake to replace this pair with, when the female passed away with no real reason. He said this snake was acceptable but I never contacted him back to ship it to him. The only complain I will offer to this whole thing is that EARLY on in this process, Landon complained voiceferously to a friend of his Chris Ken, who went on to demean me and put me down on the forums as best he could, with Landons blessing. Landon pretended to not have sanctioned this activity, which I have NEVER believed and it made me completely unmotivated to make him or his order a priority. NEVERTHELESS, what Landon says here is TRUE, I do owe him two hognose snakes(Neonates), and he has tried to contact me about this repeatedly, with the person that dropped the bal in this situation being ME. This is uncharacteristic of me, as I have more SATISFIED customers than dissatisifed, but I did not do what was right in this situation.

In Ann McCabemiles case, I plan to ship her snake out when I ship a set of other snakes out at the same time. She also tried to contact me, and I didnt respond. Again, in this case I dropped the ball and it was NOT her fault. She will receive her snake shortly. I appreciate the fact that she did not join in the fray to post her email transmission to me and mine to her. The fault in this case lies with ME and not with HER. Again, this is behaviour is uncharacteristic of me. I have in the past prided myself with selling healthy, captive bred, well represented snakes, from either my own breeding stock or animals that have been in my collection for along period of time. Mite free and parasite free. with professional shipping practices. I will continue to do so in the future, but in BOTH these cases I have fallen WOEFULLY short of my own standards in the way I treated both these customers.
It is a shame that people I HAVE sold snakes to in the last year ,who are delighted with their purchases, dont post here.
Ive sold albino and het for albino boas(Adult) Adult female suriname, Hypo stillwater Bullsnakes..all without a hitch to the sale.

But in both these cases I failed and owe both of these individuals both an apology and delivery of what they ordered.

I am sure that there are those that are here that will use this occasion to demean and discredit me. Truly the only people that need to be appeased here are Landon and Ann. And they will be.

Sincerely,

Fredrick Albury

Old 06-17-2003, 05:05 PM   #2
Darin Chappell
Fred,

While I can certainly understand the thought of allowing one's business pursuits being swayed by one's personal feelings of betrayal, I cannot condone such. It is apparent from your posting that you cannot either.

I, for one, appreciate your recognition of wrong doing in your neglect to satisfy these two people. I have always found out more information about a person when they have made mistakes than I have from a perfect record. It is not easy to admit when you are wrong, and harder still in a public fashion. I appreciate your willingness to do both.

I am not certain that Landon is still wanting those snakes ( I believe he has stated that he now just wants his money back), and it is hard to argue against such a disposition of the situation, given what has transpired over the last eleven months, wouldn't you agree? Nevertheless, once you take care of the concerns of these two, I am certain that the indivudals directly involved will be willing to post that the situations have been satisfactorily fulfilled. I look forward to hearing that such is the case.

Old 06-17-2003, 05:17 PM   #3
annmccabemiles
Thank you

Fred,

Now that sounds like the Fred we all know and love. I am truly sorry for your suffering and I detest that I have added to it. I am
not the type to "kick a dog while he is down" it goes completely against my nature and I have been uncomfortable with this
entire mess.

I KNOW I will get my 0.1 CA striped and I KNOW she will be well cared for and I KNOW you are a good person.

Thank you for responding.

Respectfully,

Ann McCabe Miles

PS I cant wait to get my hot little hands on her!

Old 06-17-2003, 05:38 PM   #4
Chris Kennard
Funny how Fred suddenly wants to make good on this deal only after seeing his name in lights. Anyone who reads all of those e-mails and isn't satisfied that there's something truely wrong with this guy is blind! Landon is not and never will be a friend of mine. Just another attempt from Fred to make himself the poor poor victim and divert the attention from the facts. Fred has been pulling these stunts for way longer than you people know. Unfortunately his victims are afraid to expose him for fear of being treated the same why as I. The only difference is...I don't care. Mr. Niceguy is a fraud plain and simple. Every excuse he gave to those people was a blatant lie to buy time. For once in your life Fred, PROVE ME WRONG! The shipping story, the plane crash story...all lies. I did my homework. After all of the evidence given, if anyone chooses to deal with this person, you deserve whatever you get. I tried to warn you all !!! The simple fact of the matter is that Fred beat these people and now he's been exposed. It's about time!

Chris Kennard

Old 06-17-2003, 05:39 PM   #5
NEWReptiles
Why was another thread started when the subject is directly related to the other thread that already exsists?

P.S. I would also like to add that its nice to see what seems to me as honesty on Freds part by admitting there were problems that hindered the shipment of two sales. Its not very often that members, whether right or wrong, will admit fault 100%, and that is nice to see.

Old 06-18-2003, 11:55 AM   #6
sir-pent
Thanks Fred

First, I recognize that I am breaking the BOI rules by posting on this thread while there is another thread for the same issue, but I want anyone who reads this thread to know that Fred has contacted me and agreed to ship Thursday for receipt by me Friday, and that I will post the results to this thread as well as the other thread once the day comes and goes.

I think that all readers need to know whether the deal was finally consummated or not, and then a rational decision (and a PERSONAL one, MR.KEN!!!) can be made as to whether Fred is a good guy or not.

Thanks

Landon Johnson

Old 06-18-2003, 08:37 PM   #7
DangerJudy
Great news! I am happy for you

I am happy for you and I know you will be delighted with the Hognoses.
They are really personable snakes. I love my hoggie!

Good luck and welcome to the hognose owner's world!

JUDY RANELLI

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread