Erik Haguewood: Herpinator: Bad Buyer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-13-2008, 05:10 AM   #1
Dan Scolaro
Erik Haguewood: Herpinator: Bad Buyer

Erik Haguewood is a bad buyer.

Months ago Erik telephoned to discuss some emerald tree boa's for purchase. We spoke for a long while and he seemed like a nice fellow at first, so I offered to send him a skinny emerald for free for him to adopt. I sent it at my cost and asked nothing for it.

I told him the snake fed on live mice and to not feed it anything heavy like a rat pup. Eric said he would feed it mice.

Days later he sent photos showing the snake on a perch just an inch from the tube light. I asked Eric to get the snake away from the heat. He said it was fine and ignored my advice.

A few days later he emailed to report he fed the snake a rat pup and it puked. I against stressed to not feed it pups but he said he would do what he wanted. Erik telephoned me that evening and was not sober and said he was up all night smoking dope and drinking. He further informed me his living was to cultivate pot plants and offered some to me. I refused to follow his conversation and we ended our discussions.

Later he said he was force feeding the snake and his vet said the exam turned out fine on the snake.

Despite I sent him a free snake, he sent me 100 dollars for it against my wishes and months later complained about the snake it in other threads.

I would strongly recommend that seller's beware of this buyer.

Dan

Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #2
Uroboros
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...hlight=scolaro

I'm certain that you have proof of the force feeding that you claim. Or is this just another libel claim.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:39 AM   #3
Uroboros
you think it's just another threat, right?

complete comedy.

Old 05-13-2008, 08:43 AM   #4
Dan Scolaro
Erik:

You said you force fed the snake and could not get any food down it and tried many times.

Would you care to explain to the interested folk why you tried to force feed an emerald?

Dan

Old 05-13-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
Uroboros
Man, I have to pick this apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
Erik Haguewood is a bad buyer.

Months ago Erik telephoned to discuss some emerald tree boa's for purchase.
It was one ETB
Quote:
We spoke for a long while and he seemed like a nice fellow at first, so I offered to send him a skinny emerald for free for him to adopt. I sent it at my cost and asked nothing for it.
Not true. I had contacted Dan about a patternless ETB that he had for sale. He had listed it for $500 but reduced his price to $250 because he thought it was "thin"

Quote:
Erik, I have been feeding the emerald about once every 10 days a mouse and it seems that its a bit underweight etc. I am not sure I would want 500 for it. I would feel safer just shipping it to you and you make an offer as its more like a 300 dollar snake despite it eats fine and looks fine and is otherwise healthy, I want you to be in charge of selecting your pets.

Dan
I took the snake in and fed it a rat pup. Surprisingly, a 4.5' ETB couldn't take a rat pup.

Wierd, my 3.5' ETB WC male takes them like candy.

Quote:
I told him the snake fed on live mice and to not feed it anything heavy like a rat pup. Eric said he would feed it mice.

Days later he sent photos showing the snake on a perch just an inch from the tube light. I asked Eric to get the snake away from the heat. He said it was fine and ignored my advice.
Yes, I should have reached in and wrestled it from its perch. that's a flourescent light, not incandescent.

Quote:
A few days later he emailed to report he fed the snake a rat pup and it puked. I against stressed to not feed it pups but he said he would do what he wanted.
true, and I did not take Dan's advice to confine a 4.5' ETB to a 10 gallon aquarium to keep it from wandering and wandering makes them regurge. Wierd.
Quote:
Erik telephoned me that evening and was not sober and said he was up all night smoking dope and drinking.
I have never claimed to smoking grass here. I haven't for years, my hair can prove it. I was drunk, however.
Quote:
He further informed me his living was to cultivate pot plants and offered some to me. I refused to follow his conversation and we ended our discyussions.
I'm a software engineer, tyvm

Quote:
Later he said he was force feeding the snake and his vet said the exam turned out fine on the snake.
The only time these snakes were force fed was by the vet with a tube because they were dangerously underweight.

[quote=Dan Scolaro]Despite I sent him a free snake, he sent me 100 dollars for it against my wishes and months later complained about the snake it in other threads.
Quote:
I had sent you that $75 because I felt bad about the whole deal. You sent me an ETB, that's cool, for almost NOTHING, I was flabbergasted, I wanted you to get some value out of it.
Quote:
I would strongly recommend that seller's beware of this buyer.

Dan
I suggest, Dan, that you post any and all email correspondence.

Quote:
=Dan Scolaro]well you are talking to a guy with 400 snakes and I spend about 2000 a week or more on snakes and if I advertised the female amazon basin for 500 and someone else bought it, then you might be asking me why I never mentioned it to you especially after you mentioned their desire to me.
totally not a wholesaler.

Old 05-13-2008, 09:15 AM   #6
Uroboros
Quote:
Erik:

You said you force fed the snake and could not get any food down it and tried many times.

Would you care to explain to the interested folk why you tried to force feed an emerald?

Dan
as I have said before and will say now, I am NOT that much of a dumb ass. I am a bit as I bought from you, granted, but not that much.

My ETBs were force fed by the vet through a catheter because they were starving to death after a month and a half.

Tell me, Dan, how does a snake starve to the point of "wasting syndrome" in a month and a half?

Old 05-13-2008, 03:48 PM   #7
Jim O
Anyone who reads this should know the context of this thread. It is simply a retaliatory "bad buyer" thread by a desperate seller who has been shown to ship sick animals, to ship animals via USPS, to renege on his guarantee, to ship animals with mites, and who has shipped at least one Boa with necropsy proven IBD. Despite the proven IBD, this seller continues to offer Boids for sale.

Old 05-13-2008, 06:45 PM   #8
Dan Scolaro
Jim, there has never been any proof any IBD in any snake I shipped so stop being a liar. Are you still upset from before? I thought you would get over that by now. You should forgive as I have forgiven you. I actually prayed for you before. I prayed a rock would fall on your head and wake you up but at least I prayed.

Dan

Old 05-13-2008, 06:46 PM   #9
Dan Scolaro
The snake wasted away in pot smoke like you wasted your life in pot smoke.

Dan

Erik wrote:
Tell me, Dan, how does a snake starve to the point of "wasting syndrome" in a month and a half?

Old 05-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
Dosnt pot make you get the munchies!? It could have been beneficial!!!! har. har.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!