DONT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH NWHERP11(OLIVER ALLEN MOI) BAD NEWS!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2003, 08:57 AM   #11
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I don't believe in shipping an animal back that I receive in bad shape because the turtle is not at fault here
William,

I'm in complete agreement with what you say, and I would probably have done the same. Regrettably you have to return what you bought in order to get a refund. It applies to almost any (it doesn't work in restaurants ) merchandise you buy.

Regards.

Old 06-13-2003, 11:15 PM   #12
blues90
true enough

The sad part is it's one thing to order an object and have to return it for a refund because it has a problem quite another when dealing with live animals , I have read many posts on this forum and as everyone well knows there are always two sides to every story , most times I will side with the buyer for this reason , it is not often the case that time has gone by and the buyer makes a complaint , then yes , it could be ignorence or lack of proper care , the complaints come right after the animal is received , not always for poor condition or bad health but even the wrong animal was sent or said not to be as described , most cases it is in just plain and obvious poor health , factor in the shipping always being a risk of loss due to death or loss due to no one can locate the package , again death is the main reason and some even appear to be shipped dead or close to it . Many of these dealers have lost sight of one very crucial and vital aspect , these are living things that deserve the best possible care , they should not be sold until they are in top form health wise and if a physical defect is noticed this should be made clear to the buyer or reflected in the add . No dealer can justify or stand behind the excuse that they were not aware the animal was ill , if they attempt this, it is an admission that they don't care to look , know nothing about animals to be able to tell if they are ill , know but lie about it , this also applies to shipping an animal out in conditions to cold or hot regardless of how much of a hurry the buyer is in . All of these are the sole responsibility of the seller , they have no right to sell animals if they can't fullfill these basic requirements and if they side step these in anyway then they should take full responsibility for all costs . Anyone that has herps even for a day with a years experience can tell if something is not quite right with an animal , with the exception of hatchlings , they can seem perfectly healthy but not survive , the solution , hold them until they at least have a good start . No one can tell me they did'nt have time or did'nt see it or did'nt know if they spent two minutes to study the animal , if a dealer has 300 herps then he /she has people cleaning and feeding , if they sell 40 in a day and spent 10 minutes to look at each one that is less than 7 hours a day , I can't imagine the same person packs and ships all these on their own and if they do then it becomes a 12 to 14 hour day task , this is still their responsibility , more time is wasted emailing unhappy people and dealing with refunds and shipping dead herps back or responding to this board to defend themselves if they are so inclined . I would not have the conscience to send anyone a sick animal or have the desire to put it in a box in good health knowing it could freeze or bake to death , if this is done then you are no more than a killer of animals , and if simply making money is your desire then find another line of business , simple . Mistakes happen , but not this often .

Old 06-14-2003, 06:02 AM   #13
KNOBTAIL
WILLIAM

this person is habitual. He has an utter disregard for the animals he sells, for the way he deals with people and for the industry as a whole. The only way to get rid of Moi, is to notify Kingsnake and have them ban him. If enough people complain, then something can be done about him.
JERRY TRESSER

Old 06-15-2003, 12:28 AM   #14
blues90
I have notified kingsnake

I have done just that back when he created this problem , I saw another one of his adds today , it will take more than me to put a stop to him , I even sent Moi an email in regards to his add , I let him know who I was , he responed that he had pics and sold the turtles , I hope no one bought the european pond turtles he has still up today , I did'nt ask to buy them , I made a sarcastic remark asking if they came complete with shell rot and a 20 dollar gift certificate like the one offered to me on my next purchase .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!