JP PETS WHOLESALE inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-23-2003, 03:01 PM   #1
4StateHerps
Question JP PETS WHOLESALE inquiry

ANyone who wholesales I guess this is mainly intended for you. Have you done business with this person/company before?

We are having a hard time trying to choose 3 wholesalers to use for our business instead of the one we currently use now.

Thank you for any information you may have. Also if you use a wholesale company please let us know whom you use and how they are.

Thanks

Misty Cox

Old 05-23-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
collector
hello
i am not a wholeseller,but have bought from silver city serpentarium inc. they are very respectable and knowledgable.
dave is a super guy in my opion. thanks dave.
ric morales

Old 06-12-2003, 07:18 AM   #3
oobersnatch
Careful, the resident clan may dive down your throat for asking about a person/company that there are other posts on already.

Old 06-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #4
SovietNightmare
Thumbs down

I'd find someone else to buy from. In my experience they made my first order outstanding(for a wholesaler like them), the second one was alright. After that though it was very subpar. Numerous shipping problems(one order came two day late!!) and of course the frogs would die after being shipped around who knows where for an extra day or two, and they say the don't guarantee live arrival on amphibians. So I just stopped ordering from them after the 3rd bad order.

After they didn't hear from me for a few weeks they called and asked how things were and if I was selling reptiles ok since they hadn't heard from me in awhile. I told them that I was selling reptiles just fine, now that I was getting them from someone else who would actually send me all of what I ordered, that came on time, and had nice animals. He acted like 'oh! I don't know how that could have happened but I'll make it up to you!' and all of that. Funny how they acted that way when they were the same people I talkd to when I called to chew rearend when my stuff was crappy or late or both.

So I said ok, I'll let you guys make it up to me. I gave him an order and while I was listing things he said stated what he would not charge me for and what he would, ect ect. Well, the order came on time, but the fill rate was like 40 percent, and most of what was missing was what they were supposed to give me for free. He also said he would throw something in the order to make it all worthwhile. You know what it was? a 4 foot water snake that had more mites than I have ever seen on a snake. Now, that would be a cool animal to have in my private collection but this was stuff I had to sell in a pet store. I had numerous people say they would like to have the water snake if it ate, well, it never would touch anything.

Fill rate is also something I hate about JP. On my first order it was all there, my second there were a few things they ran out of. My other orders though, up to half of what I ordered wouldn't be there, this was stuff I was ordering for people. That was very frustrating. I understand that wholesalers don't always have enough to fill all orders, but they are REALLY bad about it!

I'd find someone else. Or who knows, maybe you'll fair better then we did.

Old 06-13-2003, 10:06 PM   #5
gwbolton
jp pets

have dealt with them and had no problems the balls i got where of great weight and very friendly and healthy. asian box turtles were also excellent. they shipped fast and packaging was above average. i give them a A.

gary bolton

Old 06-14-2003, 04:36 PM   #6
Gary O
Bill

How long did you have to hold onto the animals before you put them up for sale. Did most come in healthy? I have really thought about ordering some stuff from this company but now have secaon thoughts after reading the other threads and this one.

I wish people had pics of the animals right after shipping.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:40 PM   #7
Gary O
Sorry forgot my name

Gary Orner

Old 06-15-2003, 02:23 AM   #8
oobersnatch
Meh....Kind of depended.

Usually when something was not in high demand(like balls are now, ect) stuff tended to be a little better. Very few things came in immaculate though. I didn't let most things go until a couple of weeks after they came in. Like with small lizards it wasn't uncommon to have to fatten them up a bit with lots of crickets before they looked really healthy. Snakes were actually not too bad, with the exception of the local wildcaught stuff(read that as flordia native snakes) most of those came in dripping with mites and scars, sometimes fresh wounds. I'd never buy frogs from them again, never. I will say though that when something nice, it was nice.

It's hit or miss. I'd say if you are just looking for stuff to spot fill inventory to give them a try. However if you need lots of stuff right now to fill your cages and to turn over fast I'd not gamble with that by using JP.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!