Policy change for FaunaClassifieds - IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-10-2003, 10:13 AM   #11
evansnakes
Eddie, I don't think what you said makes much sense. If you did not think that I was good to do business with and wanted to avoid my site it would make sense. My site is all just me and my product for sale. So it is apples and oranges to compare a site for a breeder or dealer to a site like Jeff's or Rich's. As they have many many other products, services, forums, chats and links to hundreds and even thousands of other things. There is such a big difference there. I also think you are really splitting hairs with Rich. It sucks to have an ongoing feud with somebody. Who needs that stress and anger in their life? Rich is just trying to put that to sleep. Any legitimate problems that you have, will I'm sure always be welcome on the BOI. If you look through the posts on there, there are sure a bunch of them that are not nice guy/great stuff posts. Evan Stahl

Old 06-10-2003, 10:14 AM   #12
The BoidSmith
Congratulations Rich.

Sincerely,

Old 06-10-2003, 10:19 AM   #13
KNOBTAIL
AS THE INTENTIONS

may be honorable on Richs part, I personally dont feel anything will change. Jeffs business is to make money. Although their might be some behind the scenes animosity, the aims and goals of both websites are quite different. Playing the devils advocate, I dont see any advantage for Jeff to acknowledge the BOI or anything else related to that site. As a matter of fact, I am sure other sites are treated the same by Jeff. Eliminating any mention of any competitors site that would draw away potential sales into Kingsnakes pocket is probably Jeffs foremost concern. I think everyone here will agree that he is a force to reckon with. I applaud Rich for making an attempt to resolve some issues, but I doubt Jeff will have a change of mind. Just my opinion. JERRY TRESSER

Old 06-10-2003, 10:25 AM   #14
ms_terese
Rich,

My admiration of you has grown tremendously this morning.

Well done.

Old 06-10-2003, 10:39 AM   #15
WebSlave
Thank you everyone.

I see I have not pleased everyone. What a surprise that is!

I have no intention of trying to change anyone. Personally, I could not care less. What I am changing is what is going to take place on my site. I believe my original post in this thread was pretty specific on that point.

I don't care what another site does. Period. If someone wants to talk about another site's problems, then they will have to go somewhere else to do it. If someone does not like a site's policies, then just don't go there. That should be an exceedingly simple concept for everyone to comprehend. Just as someone not liking the policies here is welcome to find the exit door and leave with my best wishes.

I have frittered away enough time on this stupid feud. I had planned on getting my SerpenCo 2003 price list up by NO LATER than March. It is still not done. That, my friends, is my priority. That is the business that pays my bills. NOT this site. I have to continually shake down people to continue their banner ads here. This server costs me a fair chunk of change. I need to keep my priorities straight, and that is what I am going to do.

This is a FREE site for you all. Take it or leave it. AS IS.

Old 06-10-2003, 11:28 AM   #16
E2MacPets
I think you've pleased more than the majority, Rich. And I think we all understand your reasoning and support you fully in everything YOU need to do.

I believe Eddie is concerned with the issue of Mario. Even though Mario has no business dealings on the BOI, his actions in relation to this board, and on some of the now removed threads, does give a perspective on him. As for myself in all of that? I thought we all had moved on until recently. I'm more than happy to return to that state of mind, and if Mario is reading this or if anyone wants to pass this on to him: our previous disagreements about a FORUM are not worth the continued stress in our HOBBY or our BUSINESS.

I support the policy change, and in relation to my own issues it may be just what's needed to put an end to issues that should have been resolved long ago.

You're continuing to do a great service to our community, Rich. Thank you.

Old 06-10-2003, 12:54 PM   #17
HerpVenue
Okay..I am seeing all sides to this issue.

Darin while I do see your point in continuing the boycotts etc etc.
there are other "battles" that need to be fought.
And right now we need all our parts..."gangrenous" or not to help us fight all those other battles.

Because it does not matter who is number one and who is number two and so on and so forth....none of that will matter when we ALL lose all our rights to own these reptiles we have. If we do not work together....the only thing all thesesites will talk about is how we USED to be able to own reptiles long long time ago.

Old 06-10-2003, 02:12 PM   #18
Darin Chappell
I'll agree with you about one thing, Jerry: You don't understand what happened.

Then again, maybe that's a blessing.

Old 06-10-2003, 02:28 PM   #19
Clint Boyer
I'm a little bit lost..............

I understand the web wars going away, is the BOI changing policy?

Old 06-10-2003, 02:45 PM   #20
ms_terese
Quote:
I understand the web wars going away, is the BOI changing policy?
Yes. See below.
Quote:
Effective immediately, this site is NOT to be used for the discussion of what other web sites may or may not do. Or what the owners of other sites may or may not think or act. This site was intended from the beginning, and specifically the BOI, to help people reach resolutions to problems concerning their business dealings with other people buying, selling and trading their animals.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!