Policy change for FaunaClassifieds - IMPORTANT! PLEASE READ! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:23 PM   #21
WebSlave
Sorry, I had to do some housecleaning in this thread.

I meant what I said.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:30 PM   #22
Clint Boyer
Animals vs. services

If I understand this correctly, the BOI will only allow discussion of animal transactions. Will that apply to transactions that take place from a web site?
IMHO there is no real distinction between animal transactions and providing services. But.....I don't make the rules.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:32 PM   #23
Darin Chappell
Perhaps I misunderstood the scenario at hand, or perhaps my previous writings were over the line in some way I did not recognize. In any event, I will say what I intended in a more condensed and less negative fashion: I applaud the goal, I understand the motivation, I respectfully disagree with the approach, but I will most assuredly abide by the determination.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:55 PM   #24
HerpVenue
Quote:
If I understand this correctly, the BOI will only allow discussion of animal transactions. Will that apply to transactions that take place from a web site?

The BOI has always been about animal transactions. It was just recently that it somehow got expanded to discussing other websites.

If you do a transaction (just as an example) with Ritchie Luna who owns RitchieReptiles.com Whether it be good or bad you can post about it. You can say "I got cheated by Ritchie Luna" or I got cheated by RitchieReptiles.com.

But no more of the hey I got banned stuff or I got my stuff erased or I got my feelings hurt.

Now if a website is selling animals and using your pictures to sell those animals without permission. That seems to be okay. After all we still need to know if someone is selling animals they do not have while using your pictures.

But as aforementioned. No more I got banned and this person did not. My stuff got deleted and this list of people did not. I violated TOS and got kicked and I wanna cry about it. And no more...I can't mention [bleep].com on another site blah blah blah.

If you got cheated by a person or a dot.com.
If you had your stuff stolen by a person or a dot.com
If you were sold sick animals by a person or a dot.com
Or if you were done right by a person or a dot.com
We still want to hear about those.

Nothing much has changed. Just less whinning. Less whinning and crying from everyone including me.

Old 06-10-2003, 03:56 PM   #25
WebSlave
Clint - if you buy an animal directly from kingsnake.com and have a problem, yes that is an issue to be posted on the BOI. But if you stub your toe on a policy (either stated or otherwise) of that site and get your account yanked and thrown out into the dirt because of it, no, don't bring that here.

I have trumpeted the fact that it is not a smart idea to put all your eggs in one basket in any business plan. But the greater majority of the people have ignored this recommendation. People are making their own bed to sleep in, in my opinion, so have a nice night.

Posting here about problems you may have with kingsnake.com as an entity is no different than your posting here about troubles you are having with your insurance company, utility company, or the guy that fixed your car last week. This site is NOT for that sort of discussion.

Old 06-10-2003, 04:06 PM   #26
Seamus Haley
What about situations where a transaction specific to another reptile/animal related web site go bad?

Not discussions about policy or other sites TOS... but... paying for a service and not getting it, money gone missing, answers not forthcoming...

As a pure hypothetical, say I were to pay you (Rich) for a banner ad, the needed steps on my end are followed but the banner ad dies due to a computer glitch and never ends up being seen... You (again, pure hypothetical) refuse to refund the money paid for services never rendered...

Would that be appropriate BOI posting material?

Old 06-10-2003, 04:29 PM   #27
WebSlave
Seamus - the answer to that scenario is NO.

What would be the diffence between the scenario you stated, and your sending off your payment to your electric company and they shut off the power anyway?

Neither one is the focus of this site nor specifically the BOI.

The line is going to be drawn where only animal, caging, feed, andaccessories, are included. In other words, tangible goods that you can hold in your hand related to reptiles and amphibians.

If you have your domain hosted through someone and you piss them off and they close your site, and you then find out they own the rights to your domain name as well, well that is unfortunate, but not within the focus of the BOI.

If you have ALL of your advertising through one site and 80 percent of your business comes through them, and you mistakenly put something on YOUR site that aggravates the owner of the site you have an account with, and get your account dumped, again, that is unfortunate, but you will have to go somewhere else to discuss that matter.

I have enough headaches as it is with things going through the BOI. I am spending far more time on this site lately than I am with my SerpenCo business and that is just darned stupid on my part.

Old 06-10-2003, 10:37 PM   #28
Wilomn
Seems like everytime I have a full day of work, things heat up and get interesting here. Got to find me a rich girlfriend or something.

Rich, good job, well done, and way to set an example of how things should be. Seems my jest about being my mentor wasn't so bad.

It's heartening to see that there are some people out there who are big enough to take the first necessary steps to end uncomfortable situations, even when making that step is so very painful as this must have been. Though we've never met, it does make me sort of proud to be associated with this site.

Anyway, well done.

Wes Pollock

Old 06-11-2003, 11:41 AM   #29
Golden Gate Geckos
Rich, it takes incredible integrity and fortitude to assume accountability and admit mistakes, and I respect you tremendously for that. You have taken it one step further by putting the past just where it is... PAST! I hope that by doing what you've done will lift a tremendous weight off of your already burdened shoulders and give you a better night's sleep.

I agree wholeheartedly that the herp community needs to remain united and stay focused on the common love of our reptiles. Dissidence only leads to the erosion of the fabric that connects us. Putting aside the objectives and/or motives of websites like this one, KS, and others we can become more focused and empowered to deal with the REAL issues we experience as reptile owners. Each of these sites serve an important service to this unique community.

Hopefully, your sincere efforts will set an example for the others. Unfortunately, sometimes the longer things are severed the more difficult it can become to reconnect with full functionality. Keep in mind that when someone cuts you off, you don't need to cut them off in return... it's already cut off!

It is truly fortunate for all of us that the BOI exists, and that it's WEBSLAVE is so deeply committed to it's purpose. Thank you, Rich!

Old 06-13-2003, 02:17 AM   #30
WebSlave
Mario,

Go ahead and read the opening message of this thread again. This time use BOTH eyes. I plainly stated that discussions pertaining to other websites and the personal conflicts involved in them will no longer be allowed on MY site. Why do you think that this excludes YOU?

I am quite serious about this change and enforcing it. If you continue to ignore this and post, I have no misgivings at all about deleting every word you ever say here again. If that is not clear, please get someone to read this to you in a way that you understand. I would have thought the opening message I posted was crystal clear on this point.

Your messages in this thread have been removed, just as every other one you post along the lines of your general topic of discussion here will be.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!