Shipping into blackout areas? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 08-15-2003, 03:25 AM   #1
E2MacPets
Shipping into blackout areas?

I'm panicking so if anyone is awake now and can answer this: what is going to happen to packages sent out yesterday, overnight, into the north east?

I'm expecting a package that was already delayed because of a mistake by the seller, who then shipped at 5:30pm yesterday.

I'm not sure how I feel about this... my first worry is for the life of the animal, but then I think to myself: by 5:30pm there was a blackout from new york down to ohio- did it actually not make the news somewhere on this coast quick enough for the shipper to realise that they were sending a package into a panick area?

Either way, I had to wait up until power came back on just now at 3am in order to a) check that the package was shipped and b) set my alarm to wake up to recieve it in 4 hours.

I'm not happy right now with any of this situation....

Old 08-15-2003, 03:41 AM   #2
Clay Davenport
Quote:
did it actually not make the news somewhere on this coast quick enough for the shipper to realise that they were sending a package into a panick area?
Whether it made the news or not, it's possible he didn't know about it. I just heard about it myself an hour and a half ago.

While it may be delivered today, I wouldn't be surprised if it's delayed since they grounded all flights in the affected areas.
Not much you can do now but keep an eye on the tracking number and wait and see.

Old 08-15-2003, 04:41 AM   #3
E2MacPets
Okay, I'll give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but how could UPS not have already been aware of it? This is the biggest blackout the United States has seen in the last 30 years.

According to UPS tracking the package has arrived and just departed from PA. I don't know if that's the normal route or if it was rerouted because of the problems.

Hopefully everything works out...

Old 08-15-2003, 08:35 AM   #4
jenn_jeffery
I'm in NC and heard about it around 5 yesterday evening. You may want to call UPS and see if they can hold the package anywhere and you drive to pick it up if they can't guarentee that it will be delivered by a certain point.

Good Luck in whatever happens!

Old 08-15-2003, 12:34 PM   #5
Rob BryertonRKK
Hi Steve, Did they arrive OK?
Later, Rob

Old 08-15-2003, 01:26 PM   #6
E2MacPets
Haven't arrived yet... 1:15pm

Old 08-15-2003, 04:49 PM   #7
E2MacPets
Well she JUST got here, 4:30pm. She's listless, but striking, so I suppose that's a good sign!

Old 08-15-2003, 05:00 PM   #8
loggman88
It was actually the biggest blackout in history they said! Glad to hear she made it alright.

Old 08-15-2003, 07:01 PM   #9
Rob BryertonRKK
Glad She Made It!

What is she? If you don't mind me asking.
I too was beginning to worry because it was getting late and it's the weekend.
You probably didn't have to worry about the heat. I think it's high 80's everywhere in the east.
Rob

Old 08-15-2003, 07:02 PM   #10
loggman88
I didnt even realize it until now but I shipped to a blackout area yesterday as well and recieved a package from there, it worked out alright for me.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!