Negative Trader Rating Abuse - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-15-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
Golden Gate Geckos
Negative Trader Rating Abuse

Most of us pride ourselves in conducting our businesses with honesty and integrity, and our feedback ratings are a reflection of this. But sometimes negative feedback is given in spite of all our hard work... in many cases it is purely in retaliation or spite. It really irks me that all it takes is one jerk to tarnish an otherwise perfect rating. I have seen this happen on eBay as well.

Some of you may remember about a year and a half ago I posted a thread on the BOI about this scammer Mitch Garlow/Garlaw (AKA Rich Lincoln, Aaron Duarte, smokedopeandrap & geckokreeper) where I sent a check for the purchase of 3 blizzard geckos and this scammer skipped town with the money and then claimed his roommates stole his geckos:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=41986

Anyway, I left him a well-deserved negative Trader Rating and he promptly left me one out of spite and retaliation that lowers my percentage rating. I kept my end of the transaction, and feel I should have a 100% positive satisfaction rating. Now, this may seem petty to many of you, but every time I see my Trader Rating at less than 100% it reminds me of that nightmare and it really bugs me!

I suppose if it really matters to a potential customer, they would dig through all the 44 positive feedback ratings to find the one single negative rating to find out what it says... only to realize it was just some scammer that got exposed and didn't like it.

We cannot expect the website administrators to be put in a position to have to make judgement calls when these things happen. Imagine whining to eBay about a negative rating! LOL!!! Anyway, I just felt like this "Sound Off Forum" was a great way for me to gripe about it so perhaps I can get over it and move on so my computer chair's seat can get un-bunched.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!