John Moore (MooreSnakes) BAD GUY - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #61
Chris@TSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolai
How many people are going to read this and avoid his table next time???
Not enough

Old 10-07-2005, 11:07 AM   #62
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch101
John, you should know that I stick with the truth, and what is fair. I had no problem backing you up and defending you here on the BOI when Leslie Stiemens started a bad guy thread about you for selling those Centrilian Pythons for a much higher price than you paid for them. It was a bogus complaint, and I called him on it.
This is true. In fact, I was the first to call Leslie Steinmetz out on that and I would do it again. In this case John Moore is the bad guy and I would say it again in a second. Twist my "ramblings" any way you like Mr. Moore.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:33 AM   #63
pch101
Jim, you always beat me to the punch. That is a given. You have the fastest fingers in the East! That being said, it pleases me to no end to know when we are so often on the same page.

Old 10-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #64
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaPetsGarfHt
You should be a writer! That is too funny!
I agree...the images conjured from that explicit description left me feeling greasy and in need of a shower!!

I am blessed with an overactive imagination...and that was a very nice piece of literature.

Ever think about using that talent for profit and fame (rather than just reptile infamy...LOL) ?

Old 10-07-2005, 07:51 PM   #65
Chameleon Company
Just came to this thread, and read it all.

My take on this thread is not so much the specifics of who said what, or who was the bum, etc. I think that this thread illuminates a concern that I have as to what people expect of the BOI when they start a thread. I have no doubt as to the concerns of PCH 101 in initiating the thread. I think that what merits evaluation here is what was accomplished, vs. what was intended to be accomplished. 1) Do the rest of us know that Mooresnakes might be a vendor to be avoided? That would appear to be the consensus. It may have been the consensus already from prior searches. 2) Did it enlist witnesses in the event this became a more serious situation, possibly a further physical confrontation? Yes, but they weren't needed as the means already existed locally to document all. 3) Did it provide some entertainment value in the form of fodder? Yes, such posts inevitably do, especially when the alleged perpetrator replies. 4) Did it de-escalate the rift between PCH 101 and Mooresnakes? No, it escalated it. While there are pros and cons to every point raised here, I think that the net result of the thread is to have enlarged a dispute. I am glad that a friend was able to draw on the advice of his tutor and avoid a bad deal, as it should be, but that was accomplished prior to the thread . By his own admission, Mooresnakes lost some self-control, and many of us have drawn our own conclusions about believability. Could this have been resolved (as it is not yet) by an exchange of emails between the parties involved, and not brought to the BOI? Its possible, especially with the email input from the original producer of the snakes in question, but not a certainty by any means. Would any of that de-escalated it? Don't know, but the bad blood, and concerns of future retributions, has more than likely grown with it coming to the BOI. I have admired many of the posts of PCH 101 in the past (too many Jim's here, myself included), but would like to hold this thread as an example of why someone who feels wronged needs to give thought to the question of "what do I hope to accomplish, vs what may result, from turning my concern into a BOI thread". There are answers on both side of that question, and it is up to the poster to decide. When a complaint is started in the BOC, aka BOI, you don't always know where it will go, and whether or not it will achieve only the desired results.

Old 10-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #66
pch101
Jim, Thank you for the kind words and the constructive criticism. Let me explain my motives Because I have often asked myself why I posted this when by doing so I am risking possible future retaliation as a result. The answer is simple. I feel that it is one thing to have a bad deal or two here on the BOI. It is another thing to misrepresent snakes and threten someone when they decline on them. I felt this behaviour is definitely worthy of the BOI and important for anyone to know since John handles most of his local sales (other than shows) in parking lots, where things could led to a dangerous situation. If he could act like he did at a show just think what could happen in a parking lot somewhere. If I am able to prevent something like this from happening to someone else, than I have done what I set out to do.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:05 PM   #67
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch101
Jim, Thank you for the kind words and the constructive criticism. Let me explain my motives Because I have often asked myself why I posted this when by doing so I am risking possible future retaliation as a result. The answer is simple. I feel that it is one thing to have a bad deal or two here on the BOI. It is another thing to misrepresent snakes and threten someone when they decline on them. I felt this behaviour is definitely worthy of the BOI and important for anyone to know since John handles most of his local sales (other than shows) in parking lots, where things could led to a dangerous situation. If he could act like he did at a show just think what could happen in a parking lot somewhere. If I am able to prevent something like this from happening to someone else, than I have done what I set out to do.
If that's not a good guy talking above me then man oh man are we in trouble.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:13 PM   #68
Chameleon Company
Hey James,
I think it was hard for most of us to not read your initial post and realize that you were taking one for the team. My rhetorical concern was truly only meant as that, and it is not for me to question your motives for what had to be a difficult issue for you as to whether or not to bring this to the BOI. I'm sure that you weighed many things before doing so. I do thank you for your additional explanation here, and genuinely applaud you going with your convictions. We all hope that this moves forward into the sunset, and that the common good is better because of it.

Old 10-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #69
Junkyard
No kidding Wes.

Old 10-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #70
pch101
Jim,

No offense was taken. You wrote a very good thought provoking post. You brought up many good points and questions. When I look at my initial post I realize that I could have composed it much better, but I just wrote it as if I was telling it to someone while it was still fresh in my mind. When I read through it, I notice that it is laced with little bits of humor. This is something I do when I tell a story especially if it is one that involves a very stressful situation. I guess it is mostly a coping mechanism, and I can see how it does seem to make the situation seem less serious. When I read my post I can see how one might not realize the real danger that I felt I was in simply because of my usage of humor. I had Tom check the post out, and he said that he felt it was very accurate. His only criticism was that he felt that my post did not stress how hard I tried (repetedly) to try to difuse the situation with John. I realize I could have done much better with the post, but it gets the basic point across. I really do appreciate your thoughts. Thank you.

Wes, thank you, I am flattered that you would say that.

Thank you too Michael, I appreciate the call earlier as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!