here it's HOT!!! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-31-2006, 04:53 PM   #11
thesnakeman
Eric,
I"M NOT MAKING FUN OF ANYTHING. I'm making a point. I couldn't care less about anyone's religious/spiritual beliefs. But it does have a direct relation to this subject, and whether or not you need to be involved in this argument. And friendship is nothing when compared to an argument of this magnitude! You believe that Jesus Christ is going to come back and take all true believers to heaven right? And the rest of us will be left behind right? That's fine. I have no problem with what you believe. But if that is what you truly believe, then for you and yours, the entire issue of global warming, and what caused it, and what, if anything, we should do about it, and what the consequences will be, IS ALL A MUTE POINT!. If you truly believe what you say you believe, then you should let go of this issue, and allow those of us who will be left behind to worry about it ourselves. If it has no effect on you and yours, then please just stop arguing with me, and stop making fun of what I believe, as you have each time. Youv'e taken shots at what I believe too, so don't get your panties in a wad. I'm not making fun, I am dead serious. And in all honesty, the evangelic Christian crowd is probably the largest guilty party as far as what we are doing to this planet. Like it or not. And I could go on and on for days on end about that, but I won't because you already know it.

And as far as the debate over global warming goes,...It's over. A great many folks who are a great deal smarter, and more educated, and more privy to ALL the FACTS, [ not beliefs}, are all in agreement. They know. They don't just believe,...they know. Whether or not you agree with them is up to you. I do.

And lets just put all of that aside for a minute. Forget about global warming, and who's going to be here and who isn't, etc. etc.. Just forget all that for a minute or two. No matter what your political, or spiritual beliefs are, no matter who you are, or where you live, you can't possibly believe that we are doing the right things to preserve, and protect the only planet we have. You can't possibly believe that the human race is not causing damage to the environment. And you can't possibly believe that this is what our creator would want. And you can not possibly believe that there won't be any consequences for doing what we are doing to the environment. This is the only planet we have, and we are slowly killing it. The seas and the coral reefs are dieing, and the weather is changing, and the fish are becoming contaminated. None of these things are good, and there is no doubt that they are happening. The whole point I want to stress is,...it doesn't have to be that way. And it would not hurt a thing to make the changes I, and others have suggested. But,...we have to be able to mash on that gas pedal, and feel that power. We have to drive those big tanks because we feel safe in them. We have to be able to zip around and get, and do all those things we think are so important right now. We have to be able to flip that light switch, plug in that home entertainment center, and crank up that A.C., or heat. Not to mention the chemicals we use to produce all that food. And most importantly, we think it is our right, and a basic biological need to keep making more babies. We don't even consider the consequences of human over-population. We think it's perfectly o.k. to just make as many babies as we can.

Here's a simple analogy that should bring it home for you. Imagine yourself in a boat at sea. You are unsure if there is any land to be found. You have what you need to survive indefinitely,...{if you manage it properly}. And maybe you'll find land. Now imagine that some of the people on that boat, don't care because they say a rescue ship is comming, because an ancient text says so. And those people are not following the protocol for survival. They are squandering supplies, and making too many babies. Personally, I would be inclined to push them overboard!

Now if you disagree with me, fine. But if you disagree with me, and you really believe in the rapture, then that's fine too, but please stop arguing with me, because it shouldn't make any dawgawn difference to you! You're not going to be here anyway. Let those of us who don't believe in the rapture solve this problem. We are going to be here for a while. You are not. I would like to see us clean up this mess, and return it to the way our creator made it. Or as close as possible. Or at least, I would like us to think about the effects we are having on this planet. If we take care of it, we might just be able to live here long enough to find new planets to live on, so that the human race can survive no matter what. If not, then I don't suppose we deserve to.
T.

Old 10-31-2006, 08:09 PM   #12
nazzza
Hi,
here there were 79-84°F, it's hot.
That should be for pollution, or should be for the natural cycle as some says (but most scientists thinks that the HIGH pollution has influence on climate: it's a strange coincidence that we have the hottest years now, with the Highest pollution of the history)
However we can be sure that we are killing this world, and we west people are responsible for that. We cannot ask to developing countries that they cannot pollute if our countries wasted resources and polluted for 2 centuries, but we would be blind thinking that this is the best world we have: is unacceptable that USA doesn't respect Kyoto, continuing to pullute as if all the world is owned by AMERICA, they are polluting my world too (ATTENTION: I don't hate USA people, I respect them but sometimes they act in a stupid way, as all other countries); here in my region in Italy there is a big problem for trash (we don't know where put our trash and streets are full of trash). There is a serious problem for water, there is a serious problem for oil (I don't want to speak about this stupid war, but also this war is a part of this problem), there are serious problems for the earth.
We should respect more the world, using alternative energy, recycling trash, stopping seeding hatred and death, or we should not enjoy this world for a long time, I'm sure that we can do something, but we should do fast.
Well, my post should seems banal and simple, but is difficult to express me about this problematic in a correct english, it's the best I can do

Old 10-31-2006, 10:04 PM   #13
thesnakeman
Nazza,
You did very well, amigo. Thank you,...amen.
T.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:21 PM   #14
BWSmith
ummmmm...............

**cough** Drymarchon forum **cough**

Old 10-31-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
thesnakeman
Yah, yah, ...nag,...nag,...nag. And I am the guy who started this forum! So there.

All kidding aside,...if you love indigos, you have to love wild indigos, so you have to care about the environment, and what we are doing to it. And what better place to talk about it, than right here.
T.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:38 PM   #16
BWSmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by thesnakeman
And what better place to talk about it, than right here.
T.
Anywhere. Indigos use light too. Should we start a debate on detrimental effects of florescent bulbs on the environment? Protecting the environment is not an indigo specific topic, a herp specific topic, an animal related topic, it covers everything. And I see no need to alienate the few folks that have a common interest in Drys over a useless and tired argument that has been discussed ad nauseam on thousands of sites, newscasts, and barber shops.

Don't make me hide the Soap Box.

Old 10-31-2006, 10:55 PM   #17
thesnakeman
Hey, nobody twisted your arm to read this stuff. But if you insist,...

Protecting the environment IS an indigo related subject. It is key to saving this species, and an infinite number of other species. Heck, if we can't save this dawgawn planet, then we will perish too! And if we perish, then even the captive population will disapeer. Just because people are sick of hearing about it, does not mean that I will ever shut up about it. And it does not mean that the problems will just go away. If you're sick of hearing about it,...stop reading. Just delete that little message you get in your e-mail telling you there has been a resopnse to this thread, and forget about it. I bet you can't do that, can you. Just let me have the last word. No, you can't do that either, can you. Maybe your conscience is bothering you because you know I'm right. It does not matter to me though, as long as people keep hearing the message that we are killing this planet, and we can, and should stop it. Anyone who is sick of this thread can unsubscribe. That's not hard. Or they can just delete that next e-mail link. And you won't shut me up unless you kill me. Like I always say,,,"I ain't done, till I'm dead!"
T.

Old 11-01-2006, 08:57 AM   #18
Eric East
Tony, I don't know what makes you think that you have the right to tell me or anyone else who can be involved in this discussion.
And I don't know how you can say that my religious beliefs have a direct relation to this topic. I have not brought them into it and don't see any need to. You did that and you did it in a demeaning way, insinuating that Christians are the problem and that's just garbage!

As I said before it's ok to disagree, but it's not ok to start making stupid and irresponsible statements about ones religious beliefs, especially when those beliefs have nothing to do with the topic at hand.
You are passionate and as i've told you before that's a good thing, but you don't know how to harness your passion and that is a bad thing; it's part of the reason you got banned from ks.com.

I did not trash you and your beliefs in either one of the threads on global warming. Anyone who wants to read what I said in this thread can go back and do so and if anyone is interested in what I said in the previous thread, here it is. I simply disagreed with you and did so in a humorous manor, but I did not get mean about it like you did.
Tony, I respect you, but if you believe that garbage about global warming then we need to sit down and have a little chat. You've been dooped my brother!

Do I believe in man made global warming? No. Do I believe that temps are somewhat warmer yes. Do I believe that it will be the end of the world. No.
I don't believe that we could destroy the earth if we wanted to. It's funny to me to hear people who believe in evolution and survival of the fittest complain when they see something change or a species disappear.
That being said, do I want to see indigo's go extinct? No, but it wouldn't be the worst thing to ever happen if it did. Do I agree that there is too much pollution? Yes. Do I think we can and should do something about it? Yes. Do I think we should try to find a good alternative energy source? Yes, but in the mean time let's drill for the oil that we have in this country so we don't need to middle eastern oil.

It's too bad you get so bent out of shape every time someone disagrees with you. Adults disagree and move on, children whine, complain and make fun of others.

Eric

Old 11-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #19
nazzza
Do I believe in man made global warming? No

Well, I don't think this is something we can believe or not. There are studies about this problem, should be we are not the only responsables of global warming, for sure we are part of the problem.

I don't believe that we could destroy the earth if we wanted to. It's funny to me to hear people who believe in evolution and survival of the fittest complain when they see something change or a species disappear.

Now seems you are joking on what others thinks.
Evolution is natural, all the changes in nature now are not natural.
A lot of animals and plants are now extinct not because they were too weak to survive, but because we killed the animals or destroyed their habitat.
Should be we will destroy ourself, this doesn't means we are not the fittest, this means that we are simply too stupid, cutting all the forests, polluting the water and killing us with white phosphor or uranium bombs- If we will be able to destroy ourselves should be earth will start again and will continue in a better way without humans.

Yes, but in the mean time let's drill for the oil that we have in this country so we don't need to middle eastern oil.
Well, It's a fact that you import 55% of your oil needs, how can you tell you don't need middle eastern oil?
However if you'll continue to consume all the oil you are consuming that will not last long.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #20
thesnakeman
Eric,
First of all, you did bring up your religion first. You do so every time you post! It's your signature for crying out loud! And I happen to know a thing or two about it since I lost my brother and my sister to that garbage, and they tried very hard to drag me into it with them. He's a preacher, and she's married to one. And yes, I think it's garbage because when a person gives total control of their life to anything, including religion, they loose themselves, and become a fake person. They become someone else. My brother, and my sister are gone. They are brainwashed! That's just wrong. Our creator gave us a brain so that we could solve our own problems. Not so we could follow a preachers instructions, and ask the "holly spirit" for permission to scratch your own ars. . He created people, not sheep. And you did take shots at my beliefs on global warming, although in a much more subtle mannor. So get over it. When you advertise your extremest religious views by putting that bannor across the bottom of your posts, you just ask for opposition. { Especially from an opinionated big mouth like ME!!!} Some folks, like me, don't like to have Jesus shoved in their face. I take that as an assault. And I find those religious beliefs to be moronic, and idiotic. And I find it in very poor taste. It's even more annoying than the Jehovah's witnesses who keep comming back to my door even though Ive told them several times NOT TOO.

I also find it rather ironic, or moronic, if you will, that the same people who believe they will soon be whisked away to heaven, and will leave all this behind, are the ones who are putting forth the most whining and resistance to the idea of breaking our addiction to oil completely. Like I keep saying, if you believe you are going to be taken from the earth by Jesus to heaven, and you believe you are going to leave all this behind, what difference does it make to you? None. So why are you here arguing with me? That makes no sense to me at all. And too me, knowing what I know about the teachings of Jesus, it does not sound like what he would do. I think he would respect the rights of the rest of the world, and promote and end to this damned war, and promote the idea of us taking care of this planet by stopping the burning of fossil fuels, since there are other people living here too. And he would promote the idea of tollerance and forgivness as well. Would he not?

And as far as being upset, and acting childish,.... I'm not the least bit upset. Childish, maybe. I refuse to grow up. Been there, done that, didn't like it. And I am merely expressing what I really think, and what I really believe. You do, in your signature, so why can't I. It sounds to me like you are the one who is upset. I'm not attacking you man, I'm just telling you what I really think. That's just the way I am. Always have been, always will be. And if that upsets you, perhaps you should take a deep breath, take some time, and do a little self reflection. What it really sounds to me like, is that maybe, just maybe, deep down inside, there is a small part of you in conflict with your religious doctrine. As for me, I am completely at peace with what I believe, because a couple years ago, I made the decision to let go of everything that everyone had ever preached at me about what I should believe, and I searched out my own true feelings about what my own heart, and my own mind tells me is true. I eliminated all internal conflict about what I believe, because what I believe in my heart now also makes sense to my brain. Now anyone can say whatever they want about my religious beliefs, and it simply rolls off me like water off a ducks back. It's when they repeatedly announce their own religious beliefs about how Jesus is going to come and take them away, but yet they still want to argue with pure science about the future of this planet. Even though they won't be here to see it,...that bugs me a little, and I just have to speak up. Especially since nobody asked for their opinion on what they believe in the first place. Hey,...you jumped into this dumpster with both feet. Nobody dragged you in. And you are the one waving a permanent extremest religious banner for all the world to see. So if you are going to do that, you should expect folks to tell you what they think. And just so you know, it does not matter where or when we are. You could still come down and go fishin with me, and I would still tell you all the same stuff I've told you on here. None of it was ever meant to be hurtfull. It's just meant to be pure honesty. But when we type this stuff into a computer, and read it off a screen, it never quite sounds the way it would if we were sitting side by side in a boat with a fishin pole in hand. With this particular form of communication, it's very easy to get wires crossed and feelings hurt. And if I have hurt your feelings, I am sorry amigo. But I still have to speak up, and tell it like it is.
T.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!