Bad Guy CodyJLeach VERY BAD GUY! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #11
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr1ck View Post
This kind of situation highlights that it's pretty unfortunate Paypal is the default for these kind of transactions, between the animal policy and their otherwise spotty reputation. Does anyone deal with alternatives?
This thread is not the place to discuss alternative payment methods. Feel free to raise that subject in the General Business Discussions forum.

Old 12-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #12
Rock Star Reptile
I know that you can file a claim through Pay-Pal and try to get your money back.
Also Paypal has their address. So you might be able to contact them that way..
Sorry this happened. I hate being scammed. It usually happens by someone who lives so far away they feel safe enough that you just won't show up on thie r door step one morning.. Trust me I have thought about a cross country trip wearing a diaper Just to be that person on peoples door step just to surprise them.
I hope this works out for the best.
Ted A @ RR

Old 12-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #13
Marine
Actually when I filled a dispute, I was well within the 45 day limit for PayPal policies, but because of the circumstances being an animal and payment plan, they said they could not do anything. This is what I was told by a female representative from PayPal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Regardless of their policies/practices on animal transactions, this seller failed to ship. They DO address that...of course, there is a limited time period in which you can make a claim. I suspect that you aren't getting anywhere because you are well outside that window; but I don't understand why they didn't just say that, if that is the case.

btw - not EVERYBODY in this business takes payment plans, especially for relatively small purchase amounts

Old 12-02-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine View Post
female representative from PayPal.
Was the representative's gender pertinent to this transaction?

Old 12-02-2011, 01:52 PM   #15
Willow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I actually see it as a sub conscious way of proving she actually spoke to someone on the phone

by indicating the gender of the person she spoke to, Coral has given out probably the only main identifying thing about this person. Strengthening the memory in her own mind of speaking to said person.

as I doubt Coral stating the paypal person being female had anything negative to do with anything lol

this situation sucks....but unless you sent the payments as a gift, I wouldn't know why paypal couldn't just let you dispute them each separately for "goods not received"

Old 12-02-2011, 02:44 PM   #16
robin d.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
OH Lucile,

was this comment pertinent to this thread?

anyways Marine i am so very sorry this all happened. maybe by some miracle you will get your money back.
if not hopefully by posting this someone else will not fall for this scam.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:01 PM   #17
Keys & Kritterz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
I actually see it as a sub conscious way of proving she actually spoke to someone on the phone

by indicating the gender of the person she spoke to, Coral has given out probably the only main identifying thing about this person. Strengthening the memory in her own mind of speaking to said person.

as I doubt Coral stating the paypal person being female had anything negative to do with anything lol

this situation sucks....but unless you sent the payments as a gift, I wouldn't know why paypal couldn't just let you dispute them each separately for "goods not received"
I couldnt agree more, that was an irrelevant post. Calm down people.

On the subject it seems like you might of ran out of options other then a legal matter. If you made the trip im sure you could sue for traveling fees, money already spent, maybe a few other things to make it worth your while but not always garunteed in small claims

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!