Bad Guy Cody Snider - varez111107@yahoo.com - TERRIBLE! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2009, 08:54 AM   #21
Paul Kent
I've seen them go anywhere from $100 to $250 (without shipping) in the last 6 months or so. There was nothing wrong with his price, $180 with shipping is on th lower side but I don't think it was low enough to warrant any caution. And certainly not to expect this kind of shipping practices.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #22
KNOBTAIL
I would

This is the problem one is faced with when dealing with people who know how to play the game. Paypal will not even entertain an animal claim, and in most cases if you are using a credit card as your payment source, the card companies are reluctant to stop payment to Paypal. Had it gone directly to the shipper, then that would have been a different story.

You are entitled to receive a healthy animal, with the best mode of transportation for your sake as well as the animals.. This transaction has all the earmarkings of "its your problem now" attitude. Terrible way to do business, and if you can, I would strongly suggest that you contact your credit card provider and see if you can charge back the amount, and let Paypal deal with this loser... JERRY

Old 01-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #23
Paul Kent
I've never had to charge back anyone. Does it make a difference if the money was in my paypal account? Which, I assume, would mean that it never went through a credit card. How would that work? Or is there anything that can be done at all?

Old 01-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
Rextiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by herpman081 View Post
I've never had to charge back anyone. Does it make a difference if the money was in my paypal account? Which, I assume, would mean that it never went through a credit card. How would that work? Or is there anything that can be done at all?
If you paid through Paypal using a balance in your Paypal account for the entire amount, then you are at the mercy of Paypal's discretion and have no resources outside of Paypal should you not get any satisfaction with them.

While I have heard many times over from several different sources that Paypal does not review cases involving live animals, I have yet to find any pertinent information on Paypal's site regarding this, probably because they have it so deeply buried.

However, in the 8-9 years that I've been using Paypal, I have never found them very helpful in resolving legitimate and well documented cases I've had with them for the last several years in conjunction with using Ebay.

So, I can imagine that in a situation like this, it's going to be very difficult trying to not only prove your case but also to gain any satisfaction out of it from Paypal. Your best bet when using Paypal is to never keep a monetary balance in their system and always use a credit card when making transactions through Paypal. At least that way you have better protection with a credit card than you ever will with Paypal.

Typically, Paypal will ask you if you received your item. Your answer would be yes. That's one against you. Then they will ask if your item was as described. Well, you can try to argue that the animal first appeared dead due to poor shipping, but it did seem to survive. That would be two against you. You could lie and tell them that it didn't survive the trip, but they might respond with "we don't guarantee live animal arrivals". Then you are still screwed. I don't know of anyway that you could really argue any reasonable point with Paypal, especially since the majority of their claims seem to be used by an automated system.

If you do decide to expend the time and energy to file a claim, keep us updated as to how your proceedings with Paypal go. While I believe that I can safely assume that they will leave you in a much more frustrated way, I would also like to be wrong about them for once.

Good luck!

Old 01-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #25
Paul Kent
Thanks for the info. Ill keep you posted about paypal and my new "rescued" caiman. Now named "Lucky" (kind of cheesy, I know, but fitting), another hour or two in that box and Im sure it would have made it.

Heres a photo of him...FINALLY holding his head up...
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #26
Paul Kent
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Ill keep you posted about paypal and my new "rescued" caiman. Now named "Lucky" (kind of cheesy, I know, but fitting), another hour or two in that box and Im sure it would have made it
Sorry, WOULDNT have made it...

Old 01-01-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
Rextiles
Quote:
Thanks for the info. Ill keep you posted about paypal and my new "rescued" caiman. Now named "Lucky" (kind of cheesy, I know, but fitting), another hour or two in that box and Im sure it would have made it.

Heres a photo of him...FINALLY holding his head up...
What a cute little guy. Glad he's in caring hands!

And if you think your name for him is cheesy, you should hear the names my wife picks out for our snakes. We have Sherry and Berry, Coconut and Hazelnut, Sorbet and Sherbert, Chunkystuff and Dingleberry, just to name a few. Do you see a pattern emerging?

Old 01-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
KNOBTAIL
Angry Rextiles is correct

You should never keep monies in there account. Any new purchase should come from a credit card source through Paypal. How successful you would be if there would be a claim is questionable, but at least it would have been an avenue to approach.. With a balance, there is no recourse..

Hope all works out well for you and the herp. The BOI has an infinite memory, and his name will come up again sometime in the future. Hopefully we will be able to prevent someone else from the misfortune that you encountered... JERRY

Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 PM   #29
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rextiles View Post
What a cute little guy. Glad he's in caring hands!

And if you think your name for him is cheesy, you should hear the names my wife picks out for our snakes. We have Sherry and Berry, Coconut and Hazelnut, Sorbet and Sherbert, Chunkystuff and Dingleberry, just to name a few. Do you see a pattern emerging?

LMOA... Lucky it is then.. Dingleberry?! Really? Poor thing..lol

Old 01-01-2009, 01:09 PM   #30
Paul Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNOBTAIL View Post
You should never keep monies in there account. Any new purchase should come from a credit card source through Paypal. How successful you would be if there would be a claim is questionable, but at least it would have been an avenue to approach.. With a balance, there is no recourse..

Hope all works out well for you and the herp. The BOI has an infinite memory, and his name will come up again sometime in the future. Hopefully we will be able to prevent someone else from the misfortune that you encountered... JERRY

I guess lesson learned on that one...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!