Bad Guy CodyJLeach VERY BAD GUY! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #1
Marine
Angry CodyJLeach VERY BAD GUY!

In July 2011 I started a short payment plan with Cody Leach, found him on FaceBook, paid via PayPal for a 2010 male Pastel Ball Python 100% het Piebald. I paid him off in 3 payments which was mid August 2011. I never received the snake, nor any of my money back! I also have saved all the email contact information between him and I, and will be adding to here later. He has since removed me as a friend and blocked me so I can't contact him on FaceBook, and he won't return in other emails or messages via PayPal either! Just wanted to post this warning about him to any other future buyers! Now I don't have proof other than another friend that knows Cody's soon to be ex-wife, that according to her, he hadn't had any snakes in awhile, so apparently I was being scammed from the beginning ... eventhough he told me all sorts of other B.S. that will be in the full copy of messages I post here.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
Marine
July 25
Marine Westbrooks

male pastel 100% het pied

I sent the $75 down on him. When is his hatch date? Current weight? Current length? And you said he is a male Pastel 100% het Piebald? Also more updated pictures of him? My email is bigcattattoos@msn.com and write in subject field male pastel het pied
thanks, Marine

July 25
Cody Leach

I can take some when I get off. Been working a lot these last couple of days. Hes about a foot and a half. I believe hes right around 3-400 grams.

July 26
Marine Westbrooks

bigcattattoos@msn.com

August 1
Cody Leach

Hey marine. So sorry been slacking off on taking those pictures. Been having alot of issues with my wife and me fighting. We just decided last night that we think its best if we get divorced beore our new babies born.

So i promise ill get out there at some point today and take em for you

August 1
Marine Westbrooks

I will have another payment this week to you too

so very sorry to hear that

I look forward to the pics

August 1
Cody Leach

Yeah it is what it is. We have grown apart and its best this way. I always told myself that I would never stay with someone who treated me like my former wife did. We constantly fought and whenever we did she always pulled her mom into it so it was me her and her mom. Yesterday her mother had the odacity to start attacking me out of no where because I decided that I was gonna vacumn the house and tawnya

August 1
Cody Leach

freaked the fuck out on me

August 1
Marine Westbrooks

Thats just crazy, it should be between you and your wife not her mother too

August 1
Cody Leach

Yup. Oh well. 21 years old this will be my second divorce. Pretty sure I will not be getting another wife gain ol.

August 1
Marine Westbrooks

I have been divorced too and am on my second marriage

luckily itsd lasted twice as long as the first

August 1
Cody Leach

Good for you

So what kind of payment are you gonna be able to do this week?

August 1
Marine Westbrooks

prob only can do 100 as the house also goes out at beginning of every month

and pay off in 2 more weeks hopefully

August 1
Cody Leach

Thats cool

August 1
Marine Westbrooks

did you find the hatch date on him?

August 1
Cody Leach

No. I still havent found the boxes will all the snake stuff in iam thinking it might be under the house so I will get in there at some point today if I have time.

August 1
Marine Westbrooks

ok how old is he?

like what year

August 2
Marine Westbrooks

I just sent the $100 payment towards the pastel male het pied, thanks Marine

August 8
Cody Leach

Ok

August 8
Marine Westbrooks

how old is he? 2010, 2009, or what?

August 8
Cody Leach

2010. In super busy trying to fins a new job and such

August 8
Marine Westbrooks

I understand how that is, I'm having to look for another job too

August 8
Cody Leach

Yea got fired last week and have been sick

August 8
Marine Westbrooks

I am only on call, no set specific hours right now, which really pisses me off as they keep hiring new people, instead of giving me the position!!! So I'm having to find another job that either 10pm-6am or 8am-4pm only--have to work around my husbands work schedule and kids in school.

August 16
Marine Westbrooks

I sent the last payment on the 2010 male Pastel Ball Python 100% het piebald, I just need to know the shipping info from you: box weight, L x W x H of box, your full address, email, & phone number so I can see about shipping rates. Please let me know asap

August 16
Cody Leach

Would a receipt work ok? You can just reimburse me when I ship. My asr

Adress is 11801 Washington st northglenn co 80234. Email is codyjleach@gmail.

August 16
Marine Westbrooks

do you have a phone number, and the box details? weight, length, height, width?

I can pay shipping and email you the label, it will only be approx $35 through my company which still ships via FedEx

August 16
Cody Leach

602-460-5646 I will look at box size when I het home. At work till 8 pm

August 16
Marine Westbrooks

ok let me know, thanks

August 16
Cody Leach

So after adding up what youve sent me you still owe 100. We agreed on 350+ shipping

August 16
Marine Westbrooks

No, we agreed on 250 and I would pay shipping I have it in my notes

thats what you had posted in one of the groups, thats when I friend requested and msgd you for the 250

and thats why I asked for the box weight & dimensions, so I could set up the shipping, since I can save about 60% on shipping through my company

August 17
Marine Westbrooks

do you have the box info, so I can setup for shipping? And when is best to ship?

August 17
Cody Leach

I'll get it for you ASAP. Didn't get off till late. I had two snakes that I was selling one too you one too jt. His was 300 yours was 350. I wrote it on a note card and prettg sure I screen shouted the chat log

August 17
Marine Westbrooks

ok thanks, what day next week can you ship?

August 17
Cody Leach

What works for you

August 17
Marine Westbrooks

I will be home every day next week.

August 18
Marine Westbrooks

If you can ship Monday for Tuesady arrival, if not let me know, also please email or msg me the tracking info too. Thanks!

August 18
Cody Leach

It'll probably he Tuesday and I def will

August 18
Marine Westbrooks

Ok shipping Tuesday for Wednesday arrival, sounds great, thank you!

August 22
Cody Leach

Hey marine because of the weather down there I don't feel comfortable shipping till next week hope this works for you. -cody

August 22
Marine Westbrooks

NP I understand its hot, just keep me updated, thanks for letting me know

August 22
Cody Leach

Yea nothin worse then dead animals.

August 22
Marine Westbrooks

Yeah I definitely dont want that at all!

August 28
Cody Leach

So is the weather calmed down there now? Hurricane north of ya and cooled off a bit?

August 28
Marine Westbrooks

Wednesday is only day it shows it will be in the 80s here, the rest of the week its still over 90--you ship Tues for Wed arrival?

August 28
Cody Leach

That works. I'll shoot for that

August 29
Marine Westbrooks

Great I cant wait! thanks!

August 29
Cody Leach

Yea. I honestly can't wait to free up the rack space. Got 20 animals going out over the next few weeks to make room for my higher end stuff I just bought. Gonna be selling a breeding pair of blue eyed lucys for dirt cheap and my clowns as long as I hatch out some killer clowns. Doing big things here over the next 5 years.

August 29
Marine Westbrooks

Cool I'd be interested in a clown female, as I just picked up a proven breeder het clown male! And possibly BEL pair, depending on prices

August 29
Marine Westbrooks

www.shipnex.com check them out for shipping rates

Coral Marine Westbrooks
263 South Teakwood Court
Brunswick, GA 31525
(912) 342-3174
Coral_Marine@msn.com

Nex Worldwide Express - The Safer, Easier way to Ship
www.shipnex.com
Looking for an international shipping company? NEX provides the lowest cost domestic and worldwide shipping services including all types of shipments...

August 31
Marine Westbrooks

I didnt get a tracking number, did you ship him out yesterday?

August 31
Cody Leach

I did not get a chance I have to push it out a week.

had stuff come up on my end

August 31
Marine Westbrooks

let me know as soon as you can when you are going to ship

September 5
Cody Leach

Hey how does wed work for you?

September 5
Marine Westbrooks

Arriving on Wed or shipping on Wed?

September 5
Cody Leach

Shipping wed. Sorry super busy normally doesnt take me this long

September 5
Marine Westbrooks

Ok so he will arrive on Thurs morning

September 5
Marine Westbrooks

Please dont forget to send a tracking number thanks

September 8
Marine Westbrooks

So did you ship him? I havent gotten a tracking number.

September 8
Cody Leach

I am super sorry this makes me look horrible. If you didn't know I'm going through a divorce. My wife isn't being very cooperativd with me gettin stuff from the house. I'll refund a portion of your money for the inconvenience ans if i cam ship by next week ill just refund all your money. again I'm really sorry.

September 8
Marine Westbrooks

Let me know as soon as you can about shipping-my paypal is coral_marine@msn.com or my mailing address:
Coral Marine Westbrooks
263 South Teakwood Court
Brunswick, GA 31525

September 9
Marine Westbrooks

Are you shipping him or refunding? Haven't heard back from you yet

September 11
Marine Westbrooks

Are you going to be shipping the male pastel 100% het piebald ball python r be refunding my money? I have messaged you and you wont reply back! I need to know if you will ship or refund my money! He has been paid off for 3 weeks, and you keep coming up with reasons why you haven't shipped him yet!

September 11
Cody Leach

Sorry my phones are shut off so my main stream of net is out. If i can't ship by Wed ill refund your cage

September 11
Marine Westbrooks

You mean cash?

September 15
Marine Westbrooks

Well you didnt ship the 2010 male pastel 100% het piebald ball python, so you said you would refund my money! When are you going to do that? My paypal acct is: coral_marine@msn.com
let me know as its been a month since he was paid off!!! Marine

September 15
Cody Leach

I will be refunding it asap. Sorry I have a lot going on and at this point don't know if my snakes are even being taken care of. My ex ain't letting me in

September 15
Marine Westbrooks

Thanks, & sorry to hear about that, but you can go to the Sheriffs Office and talk to a Deputy about being able to go into your home to get all of your things, including the reptiles if they are yours and not owned by both of you.

September 15
Cody Leach

Already tried that and because I'm not on our lease I am not allowed there

September 15
Marine Westbrooks

Doesnt matter if you are on the lease or not, you are married and because you were living together and because of divorce you are currently not living there, a Deputy can grant you temporary access to your house to get all of your things out if she is refusing to allow you in!

September 19
Marine Westbrooks

So when are you going to refund my money?

September 19
Cody Leach

As soon as I have it. Should be soon sorry this is all happening like this. It's one thing after after another for me right now

September 20
Cody Leach

What is your phone number so I can give ya a ring

September 20
Marine Westbrooks

912 342 3174

September 20
Marine Westbrooks

1 912 342 3174 is my cell phone number, whats yours? so I know to answer, as I don't answer unknown numbers

September 20
Cody Leach

720-291-0096 ill call u tmrw

September 22
Marine Westbrooks

You didnt call me! Are you refunding my money or not!!!??? This can get ugly if you dont hold up your end of the bargain! I really need that money back now! I have been more than patient with waiting for you to ship, and keep coming up with excuses as why you haven't! If you are not shipping him out, I Want my money back now! It has been well over a month since I paid!!! This is ridiculous!

September 22
Cody Leach

Wow seriously. It's called being busy. Jesus Christ. Listen lady ill pay you back. This is not how I normally operate. So acting like a child will get you no where with me. I get paid Monday.

September 22
Marine Westbrooks

I have been waiting over a month for either the snake or a refund, which does not make me acting like a child! There is no excuse for me having to wait for either, and yes this can and will get very ugly if I do not get all my money back by Monday!

September 22
Cody Leach

Marine I was kind enough to let you do a payments plan and waited months for you to pay the snake off

September 22
Marine Westbrooks

Actually no, I made 3 payments, first was July 21 & second was Aug 2 & third was Aug 14! Which paid off! I have been waiting since Aug 14th for you to ship & it is now Sept 22! Well over a month since I paid off! I paid you in less than 1 month!!! So you need to double check your paypal, and see, becuase that is a lie that it took me months! And everyone in this business excepts payments, so its not special that you did that for me! I expect full payment on Monday!

September 22
Marine Westbrooks

Aug 14, 2011 Payment To Cody Leach Completed Details
Payment To Cody Leach $75.00 USD

Aug 2, 2011 Payment To Cody Leach Completed Details
Payment To Cody Leach $100.00 USD

Jul 21, 2011 Payment To Cody Leach Completed Details
Payment To Cody Leach $75.00 USD

September 22
Cody Leach

Look I said id pay you when I get paid. This constant hounding gets you no where in a hurry. So with that said have a great day

And the posting shit on my wall needs to stop or ill block you off of Facebook. If you want to try and slander my name then post about me on the boi.

But not on ny personal Facebook -thanks cody

September 27
Marine Westbrooks

Its Tuesday morning, you said you would refund my money yesterday. When are going to do it, please let me know!

September 27
Cody Leach

Was in transit to the east coast all day yesyerday. Will be heading to the bank here in a bit

September 27
Marine Westbrooks

thanks, I appreciate it, let me know when you send it

September 27
Cody Leach

Yup

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Well its Wednesday night! Please refund my money!

September 28
Cody Leach

I'm having issues with my account. Can I overnight you a money order or do western union

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

WHatever you can do to refund the amount $250

September 28
Cody Leach

I can do half tmrw and then the rest in a few days if that's okay. Normally it'd not like this for me im super sorry

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Ok let me know how & when you are sending

September 28
Cody Leach

I'll call u in the am

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

ok thanks 912 342 3174

September 30
Marine Westbrooks

I thought you were going to call and send me the money?

October 1
Marine Westbrooks

Are you going to contact me? Are you sending the money, or at least half like you said?

October 1
Marine Westbrooks

Chase Bank in Charlotte, NC

1CHASE Bank
7301 Carmel Executive Park Dr #100, Charlotte, NC 28226 » Map
(704) 543-0701

Chevy Chase Bank
7619 Seton House Ln, Charlotte, NC 28277 » Map
(704) 845-2135

October 4
Marine Westbrooks

So what are going to do? Send check, paypal, or what?

October 4
Cody Leach

I'll be bg Chase tmew morning in Atlanta I have to go to my office

October 7
Marine Westbrooks

So have you sent it off in the mail, or paypal, or what?

October 7
Cody Leach

I sent you a text telling you I wanted to mail you your money via money order but you never Texted your adress back

October 7
Marine Westbrooks

I never got the text, here is my address info:
Coral Marine Westbrooks
263 South Teakwood Court
Brunswick, GA 31525
cell # (912) 342-3174

October 11
Marine Westbrooks

Did you get me message with my address? Have you sent my refund?

October 11
Cody Leach

Yea my official will be mailing you money or already has. I can't get ahold of them

October 20
Marine Westbrooks

I still have not recieved my refund. Please let me know what's going on.

October 24
Marine Westbrooks

What's going on?!

October 25
Cody Leach

Iy was sent the 15th

October 25
Marine Westbrooks

How, paypal, check, or what? I have not recieved anything

After that last message he blocked me and I cant contact him anymore. I have sent other emails, and left messages, and he will not return my calls, I never got my money refunded!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:39 PM   #3
Marine
These are messages of the third party:
September 16
Marine Westbrooks

re: your ? on Cody Leach's page
I paid for a male 2010 pastel 100% het pied ball python a month ago, and he hasn't shipped nor refunded my money

September 16
Rick Baker

That sucks. I will pester him, but can't guarantee results. He lives up around Denver somewhere and I'm in the springs.

If he don't make it right I guess we can black list him. He'll just have to get out of reptiles then!

I sent him a fairly strongly worded pm asking him wtf? That your a friend of mine and some other folks in our area and he was making us all look bad and when is he going to fix it. I'll let you know when I get a response from him.

September 16
Marine Westbrooks

Hi Rick, thanks, he said he's going to refund, but still haven't gotten anything back yet

September 16
Rick Baker

OK,yeah I talked to him and he said he would refund your money monday or so and I told him I was holding him to it for what its worth. so I guess we'll see what happens.

September 19
Marine Westbrooks

Well this is what he just sent me about refunding:
Cody LeachAs soon as I have it. Should be soon sorry this is all happening like this. It's one thing after after another for me right now

September 22
Marine Westbrooks

Well he still hasnt refunded my money then asked for my number and said he was going to call me, I paid him well over a month ago, and if I'm not going to get a very healthy pastel 100%het pied BP then I should have my refund now, no excuse in having to wait. He claims he's going through his second divorce at age 21, and she kicked him out the house and wont let him get any animals out. But none of his posts on his wall support this! And none of that has to do with him refunding my money!

September 22
Rick Baker

I agree 100%. Your money has nothing to do with his problems. I'll see if I can talk to him but I kinda expect bullshit

September 23
Marine Westbrooks

Oh you should see the BS he emailed me yesterday, after waiting most of the week to hear from him! He said he waited for me for months to pay the snake off, and thst he was nice enough to do a payment plan! Well I pulled up the records off PayPal, and proved to him that I had the snake paid off in 24 days, nad I have been waiting 39 days for him to ship since paying the snake off! Plus after I paid off the snake he tries to tell me that I owed him even more money than what he had posted in a group for, he wanted an additional $100! He was very rude and even had the balls to call me a child, and said that I was harrassing him! I'm sorry but I have been waiting for more than a month for either the snake or to refund my money-then he says he doesnt even have the snake that his wife does and he doesnt even know if she is carrying for it--he shoul have immediately notified me while I was still paying on it about that, and should have refunded my money then! He claims he gets paid Monday, and that I will have my money then, guess I have to wait and see if that happens or not

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Well its Wednesday & still not refunded my money, I'm preparing a letter to Paypal, hopefully they can do something to get me my money back, I hope!

September 28
Rick Baker

I friended his pregnant ex the other day and just sent her a message asking for help in your situation.

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Thanks, let me know if you hear anything. I just got off the phone with Paypal and they don't have buyers protection with animals! So buyer beware if you pay via paypal! They don't & Won't do anything about it, other than let you put it into the dispute area for 20 days. Then its automatically removed, and will not go any further action. I was very shocked to hear that!

September 28
Rick Baker

I also just talked to Greg Bryant and of course he knows you and he knows Cody. I told him the situation and he's gonna lean on him also.

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Well I just got yet another promise to pay half tomorrow, so we shall see. And the other half supposedly next week.

September 28
Rick Baker

Yeah, we'll see. Are you interested in Brazilian rainbow boas?

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

I love the rainbows, I have a pair of Argentine rainbow boas I'm hoping to breed when the male is big enough. At the moment I have a few other snakes I have to pay off before I can start getting anything else.

September 28
Rick Baker

I asked because I'm shipping a box to Athens tomorrow but the babies haven't had their first shed yet. After the Denver expo in November I'll be real negotiable with any I have left over. I could either farm some out to you orget something you produce later down the road. Lets see whats left first I guess.

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Sounds cool, let me know if you have any left after your expos

September 28
Rick Baker

I think I'll do really well if Ican sell 5-10 at a decent price, and I have 18 plus the mother, and I'm not sure I want to keep her.

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Keep me updated, I should have most snakes paid off and have them by December, but one guy keeps updating his BP lists every time eggs hatch, and I keep adding to an already long list I'm getting from him-lol. Plus I picked up a couple proven breeder males cheap & a few others too at Daytona.

September 28
Rick Baker

Cool. I don't haveany balls, haha, but I do have the makings of dwarf snow retics. Well, I'll have the anerynext week.
Ooh, Cody's girl said she don't know nothing, they haven't hadany snakes for a long time, and she's sorry she can't help, for what its worth.

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

Funny he told me that she has all his snakes/reptiles and won't let him get them! And that the one I paid for is still in the place they were living together! Thats why he didn't ship, but he waited till it was paid off before even telling me any of this! Then its been 3 weeks since I have been trying to get a refund. The snake was paid off on Aug 14 and its now Sept 28-ugh this is so frustrating!

September 28
Rick Baker

well, letshope he sends the money. he is all the time posting on the retic ranch and will feel pressure from me, Greg, and any other friends we have in common.

September 28
Marine Westbrooks

thanks for all your support, this is the third time in 11 years I have had this happen. I lost all on an aldabra tort baby I paid for, and a pair of chameleons-but its been a long time since I lost money on herps, other than rescues

alot* not all(Well all I paid which was alot)

October 27
Rick Baker

I'm guessing no luck with Cody yet?

October 27
Marine Westbrooks

No, he claims some offical was supposed to have sent me a refund on the 15th-almost 2 weeks ago, but I still have not recieved anything, and have tried to contact him too.

November 10
Marine Westbrooks

I tried sending him anothr email, and he's removed me from friends list and has me completely blocked!!! Someone else told me he was saying stuff about me the other day on his wall!

November 10
Rick Baker

me too! fuck him, he's officially a douche bag, he hasa baby on the way and will fail to do whats right there as well. I have become friends with his ex since this all happened.

can I ask, how much are you out?

November 10
Marine Westbrooks

$250 at least I hadnt paid the shipping or would have probably been another 50

Old 12-01-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
dutch_pixie
wow this is insane!!! what a total w****r somehow it has to be made aware to a whole lot of people what he's done

Old 12-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Tenor Goddess
Weak. I'm sorry you got taken for such a horrible ride.
I hope this resolves and you eventually get your money back.

Kindest regards,

Amanda Rose

Old 12-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #6
ajcrestedgeckos
Did you dispute through paypal?

Old 12-01-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
Marine
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajcrestedgeckos View Post
Did you dispute through paypal?
Yes I did try and dispute through PayPal, but they told me because first#1 it was an animal they don't do disputes concerning animals! second#2 it was not all paid all at once, and do not do disputes with payment plans ... according to the lady I called and spoke with from PayPal customer service! She did say that this would stay with his PayPal acct as a bad mark against him, supposedly viewable by others. But it doesn't help if he just shuts that acct down and starts a new one, with new email, and acct name!

Old 12-02-2011, 09:26 AM   #8
hhmoore
Regardless of their policies/practices on animal transactions, this seller failed to ship. They DO address that...of course, there is a limited time period in which you can make a claim. I suspect that you aren't getting anywhere because you are well outside that window; but I don't understand why they didn't just say that, if that is the case.

btw - not EVERYBODY in this business takes payment plans, especially for relatively small purchase amounts

Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 AM   #9
deborahbroadus
I guess that I am sort of protected because I don't believe in "instant friendships." If I am purchasing an item from a seller, it's a RED FLAG to me when they suddenly get diarrhea of the mouth and share family secrets with me (especially people I have never met and am not on those terms with).

And someone that claims to know them, and starts 'feeding' me is also suspect because it prevents me from FILING THE PAYPAL CLAIM while supposedly seeing if that friend can accomplish something. Nothing beats, filing the WEEK that they don't send your item, and ignoring ploys to wait.

Good luck.

Old 12-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #10
Kerr1ck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Regardless of their policies/practices on animal transactions, this seller failed to ship. They DO address that...of course, there is a limited time period in which you can make a claim. I suspect that you aren't getting anywhere because you are well outside that window; but I don't understand why they didn't just say that, if that is the case.

btw - not EVERYBODY in this business takes payment plans, especially for relatively small purchase amounts
This kind of situation highlights that it's pretty unfortunate Paypal is the default for these kind of transactions, between the animal policy and their otherwise spotty reputation. Does anyone deal with alternatives?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!