Info Scott Champlin, David Champlin, Scott David, Levi Robert - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2015, 01:15 PM   #31
hhmoore
There was some interaction with Levi4turtle via email; the culmination being this gem (replacing two words with is the only modification I made to the text):
Quote:
Hi I been trying to figure this out since yesterday, all the damage my brother has done. First off today me and my girlfriend got some threating messages on our facebook one was bad and was threating our family including my kids which I don't take lightly so me and my girlfriend were talking about it and my brother came out and told us what he's been doing and I'm am shocked what he told us, he is mentally ill but he seems to be ok. He's been living with me since our mom past 5 years ago since I'm the older brother and my mom said if anything ever happen to her that I would take care of him and look out for him. He has been told he has many different things like paranoid schizophrenia and major case of bi polar but he has been on meds for some time now and has been stable I thought. I been going threw the trash on my email and found this one and others and been trying to figure out what all he did because now I don't trust him and don't know if he's telling me everything so that's why I'm writing you to figure this out. He ended up flipped out and I had to call the cops it got so bad and he said he hasn't been taking his meds and he went to jail because he punched me, I'm not home a lot with driving to work over hour each way and working 6 days a week and cub scouts I'm barely home and know he was always on the computer in our computer room but I figure he was just chatting to people since he's so anti social he has no friends and I tried but he don't like being around other people with his illness. Your saying there is 6 accounts? I only ever had one and barely use it. All my stuff has the auto log in, I never thought he would pull this . I'm trying to get everything together for Monday to talk to the judge and try to get him help in a mental hospital and would like all the info I can get on what he has been doing with my account and my computer. The one person knew both my kids names and that's scary. I'm trying to look out for my family and figure out what the idiot has done to put my family at risk he told me some stuff but like I said I don't trust him now and cant believe if its everything because he pissed someone off enough that they threaten my family saying they know where I live and to watch my back and having kids I don't take that lightly and if you have kids I'm sure you would feel the same way too. I don't know how my info got out to someone I tried reasoning with them but they are hell bent on still threating me and when the police came my girl friend showed them and told us to find out his location and call the local police which we did, because there threats I'm not taking them as a joke and I need to find out everything for that purpose too. All info will help me figure this bs out. I need to get to work please let me know everything you can because I don't know what he did to piss someone off so damn bad, he told me a lot of but it wasn't so bad that I should be receiving threats to my family.

Scott David
Time once again for a reminder:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi4turtle
I seen and seen scammers and figured out how they work. But I'm the bad guy
So it's all the mentally ill brother's doing....
He's "only ever had one" account, and barely used it? Nice try, but the account using the name Scott David is one of the newest in the group; with others dating back to 2006.
I like how he played the cards though - mom died, he took in the mentally ill brother who is running amok online while he's busy with work and Cub Scouts. Okay, maybe the Cub Scouts card was a little much.

Bottom line - "Scott David" was told that before I would take anything he says seriously, he would have to provide confirmation of his identity. No big surprise - he has not yet done so. Maybe he'll make me eat my words...but if HE is Scott David (not Scott David Champlin, just Scott David), that will make the next page or so of this thread pretty interesting.

On a more serious note, I would hope that people aren't actually making threats against him or his family.

Old 04-26-2015, 02:56 PM   #32
bcr229
Quote:
He ended up flipped out and I had to call the cops it got so bad and he said he hasn't been taking his meds and he went to jail because he punched me...
If this is true then he should be able to provide a copy of the police report.

Old 04-26-2015, 05:29 PM   #33
coolbord9
If he's seeing a judge there might be a public record.

Old 04-26-2015, 06:13 PM   #34
hhmoore
Frankly, I don't believe the story. IF it was true, there would like be an entry in the police blotter or arrest records...of course, that might not be a fruitful search without a name

Old 04-26-2015, 06:31 PM   #35
coolbord9
Of course, just pointing out another possible way to independently corroborate (or more likely disprove) that wall of text

Old 04-26-2015, 07:01 PM   #36
WebSlave
Push come to shove, it wouldn't matter much, even if it is true. All members are expected to secure their login info to this site. Anyone losing control of that whereby someone else gains access and especially has someone other than themselves post under that account runs the risk of having that account banned. It completely defeats the purpose of having the requirement here for a real full name applied to each account. And just to note here, the rule is ONE ACCOUNT PER PERSON, ONE PERSON PER ACCOUNT.

Old 04-26-2015, 08:54 PM   #37
CwnAnnwn
I am worried about this.

If true, then sad.

I will point out that I could not find a single arrest for a person in st claire for any crime like he posted.

Does not mean it did not happen, but it is very hard to hide arrest records in this country.

He might be telling the truth.

I wonder if the mods/admin could do an ip check. If all the posts he used came from the same ip, then it would add some points to this story. On the other hand if they came from a home pc, work pc, and mobile phone, it would be harder to explain.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:47 AM   #38
hhmoore
IP addresses are not nearly as consistent as they used to be. Even from a home computer, they can change often; so a person posting from a single place can show multiple IP addresses over time. Further, IP addresses are recycled, so time can create a number of unrelated matches. Factor in mobile devices and proxies, and one must use greater care today when establishing relationships based solely on IP matches (or lack thereof).
Obviously, we have reviewed IP addresses as part of our investigation.
If I remember correctly, all of the deercorpse and levi4turtle IP addresses are from the same provider; and it appears, base on the number of addresses (and certain characteristics) that they are cycled regularly. Still, there is a clear relationship...and in the instances when both accounts have posted in the same threads, it has been from the same IP address.

Old 04-27-2015, 01:10 AM   #39
hhmoore
I happened to notice that, despite being registered in 2010, no posts were made by descriptors until Dec '14. That's when he started making the plea for a cherryhead to replace his wife's that got stolen....
Interestingly, in July '14, rebmassor was making a similar plea for a cherryhead to replace his son's that was found dead unexpectedly (at least he didn't claim that his his son had cancer).

Old 04-27-2015, 01:20 AM   #40
hhmoore
My mistake - his wife's wasn't a cherryhead.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!