INQUERY: MONSTER-CAGES.COM and MONSTERSNAKESFOREVER.COM - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
esoteric-lizard
Question INQUERY: MONSTER-CAGES.COM and MONSTERSNAKESFOREVER.COM

anyone know these two guys???

Harry Wessels from monstersnakesforever.com had referred me to Matt at monster-cages.com for possibly purchasing my retics that i have for sale...

originally Matt had told me he only had 3000 to play with and then did a switch saying he would pay me 3500 if would ship him my snakes first so he could look at them and then he would pay me.... sounds kind of odd and particularly fishy for someone to make a request like this...

any feedback on Matt at monster-cages.com and harry weasels is appreciated.

thanks,
Brian Watkins

Old 12-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #2
Serafim
If you do a search on Monster Cages a few threads pop up. I have never dealt with either.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:46 PM   #3
esoteric-lizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
If you do a search on Monster Cages a few threads pop up. I have never dealt with either.
have you ever had somone you didnt know very well ask you to send them reptiles, and then pay you after they checked them out?

what do you think of that?

Old 12-23-2007, 02:51 PM   #4
MRC31
Quote:
originally Matt had told me he only had 3000 to play with and then did a switch saying he would pay me 3500 if would ship him my snakes first so he could look at them and then he would pay me
Too fishy for me !!! Only has $3,000 to spend but will send you $3500 if he can look at them. I would stay away from that deal.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:25 PM   #5
justinmorse
I have dealt with Matt recently, and I have no complaints. If you search through the first couple pages of threads, you should find the one I posted about him.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #6
ravensgait
A long while back Matt contacted me about doing a trade cages for an animal I had available at the time.. We emailed back and forth and seemed to come to an agreement and then poof he disappeared.

As for sending animals before getting paid ? I'd have to know the person very well and trust them... Randy

Old 12-23-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by esoteric-lizard
have you ever had somone you didnt know very well ask you to send them reptiles, and then pay you after they checked them out?

what do you think of that?
I don't think too highly of that myself. I would never ship without payment. Just too many bad stories about people not getting paid. Not saying it would happen in this case. Go with your gut...

Old 12-23-2007, 03:32 PM   #8
esoteric-lizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinmorse
I have dealt with Matt recently, and I have no complaints. If you search through the first couple pages of threads, you should find the one I posted about him.
after doing a search, it seems to me his business practices are a bit questionable. glad things worked out for you justin... and i am glad i am NOT doing business with him and his parter harry wessels.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #9
Monster Cages
First off here is the message that Brian sent that sounds very wishy washy and made me even question these animals but who says this kind of stuff. I have cash waiting but this email from Brian made me think twice. Sounds odd when someone says stuff like that.

they came straight of the plane to my house from prehistoric pets in fountain valley, California. male is 8ft, female is about 10ft. feel free to ask jay at prehistoric to verify - although he may *&^* with you a little cuz he doesn't like me at all. let me know if he tells you any different cuz i would love to catch him in a lie and make it public... he deserves it BIGTIME.

i sold another het to someone in Cali - they drove up here and picked her up - 18ft female het FROM pp with papers... he drove home and took it to pp and jay tried to tell him that it was a male and i lied... so i get a phone call a month later from this guy i sold this snake to freaking out telling me i ripped him off... turns out i had all the proof and jay eventually probed the 18ft 180lbs female correctly... when was the last time you seen an 18ft 180lbs male retic LOL!! anyway i hate pp, they are scum bags so let me know what jay says PLEASE.

anyway - they are legit dh's.

the kayuadis are in the 7ft range and are agressive feeders - like scrub pythons as we discussed before. with copies of original papers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: starvingstudent@eagles.ewu.edu
Subject: Re: 1.1 Dh albino genetic stripes and 1.3 Kayuadis
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 13:38:07 -0600

did you buy them from Prehistoric or someone else?
how big are they

Thanks
Matthew
www.monster-cages.com

507-474-0172
507-313-3734 Cell

The strongest plastic cages and most versatile cage company.
Check out our new look on our site.
Animals and Feeders for Sale now too.
----- Original Message -----

I asked about alternatives is all. Who sounds alittle odd about things and where i get my extra funding from really doesn't matter either.

Old 12-23-2007, 06:16 PM   #10
Monster Cages
Have all the emails pertaining to different possible deals. Kind of odd also when someone sells a $10k pair of snakes that cheap and wants cash and that cheap also. I simply was protecting my money also. Can contact many of my references if you would like.
I did nothing wrong other than offer options being he was kind of odd about things from the get go.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!