INQUERY: MONSTER-CAGES.COM and MONSTERSNAKESFOREVER.COM - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-25-2007, 11:14 PM   #81
Tom C
John, I agree this needs to die..

What we need is more kick ass morphs...

Old 12-25-2007, 11:29 PM   #82
MonsterSnakesForever.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Dove
Now you have peaked my curiosity Mr Wessels.
Did you take this action before or after he refused to ship the snakes to you before being paid?

And if this low ball price frightened you so much why did you not just snatch up his offer, send him his money, then relist the snakes at the profit margin you felt was appropriate for the morph?
John I was still reading the thread and this is a ligit question so before I leave this thread for good I would like to answer it.

OK....

Quote:
Did you take this action before or after he refused to ship the snakes to you before being paid?
I took this action of removing the posts before he refused to ship them to Matt. He was NEVER asked by me to ship these snakes for ANY reason and personally I have a VERY high end collection and did not want them. I dont buy adults EVER.

I would have never told Matt about them had I wanted them and I was just trying to help Brian move the animals. I have and had absolutly no interest in them or the offer would have never made it to Matt in the first place. I was offered the animals BEFORE the adds were placed and had I wanted them I would have bought them on the Spot. $3500 for 1.2 Dwarf Retics Adults and 1.1 Double Het For Albino Genetic Striped Adult Retics is beyond blowout prices. I just have VERY strick policys about buying adults. Certainly money was of NO issue.

This Fire Retic was just bought for 5k a month ago and people in my position dont go around "Jacking" low level operators like Brian Watkins! I think thats the funniest part of this ignorant thread

Quote:
And if this low ball price frightened you so much why did you not just snatch up his offer, send him his money, then relist the snakes at the profit margin you felt was appropriate for the morph?
How do you gather I was "frightened" by his prices? LMAO! Come on man lets be serious here. If that were the case maybe I would have bought them. As stated I have no interest in them and if you would read back I even told Brian he should keep them and I would help him! I have my own collection to profit from Sir and have no need to bring in animals to make a fast buck. I ONLY sell my own Babies that I produce and have never resold for any reason. Please check my own pesonal classifieds for the integrity of my answer.

Ok now I hope this was the last question because this is the last post (I really mean it this time) LMFAO!

I just think it suits me best to answer these questions everytime I read one because I have nothing to hide.

I really do need to move along now because I have a VERY popular forum to run and life to get back to! I think my wife would like to spend some time with her husband on Christmas!

Peace all and Happy New YEAR!

Old 12-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #83
esoteric-lizard
harry you act like your some big breeder - you have only produced like 10 retics in your whole life... and they werent even high end ones either.

you are just pissed cuz you and your partner cant have my dh's... if you werent so interested why all the fuss over trying to get your friend matt to buy them??? whos idea anyway was it to have me ship them first so you "check them out"... you know me harry and you know these snakes are legit but yet you want me to ship before payment... you must think i am desperate of something... you see a person who you think is vulneralbe an think they are easy prey - isnt that right!!! just like you harry... bully and a lier.... i dont see any "other" big time breeder stepping up back you up... man how many people have said death threats too????? do you wanna cut off my nose to harry..... where did you learn how to talk like that harry... PRISON?

btw harry you cant afford to keep your domain name how can you afford to pay full market value on REAL genetics... you wouldnt have to pay so much if you werent such a shady person

Old 12-26-2007, 12:03 AM   #84
Serafim
You know aside from the price fixing thing I have not really seen anything to say he is a shady person. I think you have said your piece and done your damage what else do you want to express. We gave you the feedback you wanted and that should have been enough....

Old 12-26-2007, 12:14 AM   #85
esoteric-lizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
We gave you the feedback you wanted and that should have been enough....
it is... thank you.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:15 AM   #86
John E Dove
Mr. Wessels,
First I would like to apologize for mixing up who was doing the attempt to buy without sending money part. With you and Mr. Martin and your toady all involved I had/have a little trouble keeping the players straight.

As for your fear of the low ball pricing by one individual ruining the market, it is quite apparent to anyone reading through this thread. Statements like the following show that rather clearly.

“I banned you last night from MonsterSnakesForums.com for trying to lowball the market”
“……you didnt need to be on my forums selling your animals for FREE and at 1/3 the market value and you are upset with me because I would not let you undercut the market on my website”
“Man that price is just WAY to lowball and I dont mind doing PM but that price will ruin the market in public.”
“I am more worried about the hundreds of people who invest thousands in this hobby every year then one nut job who hates this hobby and the people in it.”
“you will not put up individual / multiple reptiles on wholesale prices...This is undercutting the market and will not be tolerated.”

Clearly you feel that one individual selling a couple of their personal animals for far below what you feel the market should be is a threat. Your fear response was to remove the advertisement and of course set price fixing policies on your forum.
I suppose you can do as you will on your website but that does not change the fact that what you are doing is based on fear as well as morally and legally wrong.

Old 12-26-2007, 12:19 AM   #87
John E Dove
Ps your Fire Retic is indeed a lovely animal.

Old 12-26-2007, 06:20 AM   #88
rhguen
Matt is a great guy, at least when I've dealt with him. I've talked with him a bit in chat, on the forums, in pms, as well as over the phone & he seems like a stand-up character. So far I've only ordered some Monster Pigs from him, but I do plan to purchase a retic from him soon and possibly some cages some time after that.

Harry from MonsterSnakes is an awesome guy as well, I've been a member there for a year & a half & he really knows his retics, as well as having one of the nicest personal collections of them. His wife Brenda is equally as cool, although I haven't really talked to her as much. Although they might have only had one clutch so far(last year), I'm sure all that will change soon & they will make a name for themselves...

Just my perspective on this...oh, & it's inquiry...

Old 12-26-2007, 12:06 PM   #89
Griz
Interesting read. A combination of price fixing the market and taking quotes from scripture out of context....... just happens to be my 2 biggest pet peeves...... It certainly gives valuable insight to people.

Griz

Old 12-26-2007, 12:23 PM   #90
The BoidSmith
People can change...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhguen
Matt is a great guy, at least when I've dealt with him. I've talked with him a bit in chat, on the forums, in pms, as well as over the phone & he seems like a stand-up character. So far I've only ordered some Monster Pigs from him, but I do plan to purchase a retic from him soon and possibly some cages some time after that.

Harry from MonsterSnakes is an awesome guy as well, I've been a member there for a year & a half & he really knows his retics, as well as having one of the nicest personal collections of them. His wife Brenda is equally as cool, although I haven't really talked to her as much. Although they might have only had one clutch so far(last year), I'm sure all that will change soon & they will make a name for themselves...

Just my perspective on this...oh, & it's inquiry...
I'm really glad your current experience with Matt was good. We had our problems with him in the past when he owned "The Big Squeeze" he used to be in Winona (?). Oddly enough it also involved a shipping issue. We were supposed to ship at the same time I ship and he didn't. He also attempted to charge me for his shipping when we clearly stated each would pay their own. In all fairness and after several exchanges in the old BOI he agreed to settle the difference. No ill will on my part since then. People change, and he seems to have change for the good. It doesn't always go that way...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!