Those who teach....... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

View Poll Results: the Role of Teaching in Higher Education: Your Opinion (more than 1 OK)
Research and knowledge are vital, professors ought to be researchers 0 0%
Excellence in teaching is important, professors should be good teachers 1 50.00%
A university should have balance and have both researchers and teachers 1 50.00%
It is academic; internet learning will replace universities in the future 1 50.00%
Heck I don't need no learning, so who cares, go away.... 0 0%
Students are consumers, universities who do not offer good teachers will go out of business 1 50.00%
Knowledge is power. 2 100.00%
other, list below 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-22-2005, 08:19 AM   #1
Lucille
Those who teach.......

I have the greatest respect for teachers. Many of y'all know that I have returned to school this past year, after finishing raising my family; I have found incredibly awesome, thoughtful professors.

There is an academic debate having to do with the role of the professor at the university level.

Colleges and universities are in some ways the repositories of learning for humanity, and professors are expected to research and further the store of human knowledge, as well as teach. Many universities make this a matter of overwhelming importance (and it is).

There are those, however, who may not yet have made their mark on the world of academic knowledge by publishing articles and so on; however they are outstanding teachers. They win the respect of their students by their time, skill and effort in teaching, but may have their career suffer or have tenure denied because of lack of research.

What do you think? Here is a poll to see how YOU judge the role of professors in higher education.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!