Good Guy Alan Brutosky is excellence first class, but you already knew this. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
Irene's Exotics
Alan Brutosky is excellence first class, but you already knew this.

Once again, Alan Brutosky proves he really is the Drymarchon Whisperer. We received 7 beautiful hatchings from him, and would really like to show you what we have, but unfortunately, the pics we are attaching just do not do these animals justice. However, if one uses their imagination a little, and realizes no camera can capture what the true colors are in person, one will see there really is a difference when these little guys and gals are compared to any of the others out there. We have a pair of Texas indigos, a pair of true Black Tail cribos, and a trio of Unicolor cribos.
First the Texans:
These two are absolutely flawless creatures. The male sports just the slightest orange to his throat, but still keeps with true Texas indigo colors. The female also has beautiful markings. These two really are what true D. erebennus should look like. If you see a Texas with a red throat, I would be very hesitant to call it a true Texas indigo. Chances are it has some eastern mixed into it somewhere down the line. Ask anyone who lives in Texas if they have ever seen a WC Texas indigo with even the slightest hint of red in the throat, and the answer is simply NO!
Next, but certainly not any lesser of animals are the Black tails. These are what true BTs should look like as well. The really neat thing about these two are the lineage. They are F1 out of WC parents. Looking at the bellies, not a single aberrant scale or odd coloration anywhere to be found. Tails are so black they look like they're dipped in ink. One thing I've noticed with dealing with Alan is he is brutally honest. He will tell you the truth no matter what. When we were talking about these BTs, he said "I wasn't going to breed BTs because I wasn't really into them, but after a few too many request, I thought I'd find the very best I could find and go for it." He took quite a while to line up the parents of these serpents. When he found the dam, the person who had her didn't want to sell her, so he started laying down cash. Turns out he laid out some $1500 for that BT before he could pry the 'sellers' fingers off it. If you are into getting exactly what you paid for, and don't mind passing up the cheap imitations out there, these BTs deliver all the way. If you are not into paying for the very best, but would like decent pet-quality BTs to start out with, Alan also has those.
Last, but certainly not least are the Unicolor cribos. We received our first female from Alan earlier this year, and were so pleased with not only her colors and pattern, but also a great disposition, we begged him to sell us a trio. He did not only that, but also hooked us up with 3 different bloodlines. We tried to find some other unicolor cribos out there to compare these to, but nobody has them. Nobody, but Mr. Brutosky. We certainly thank him for his hard work with these animals. He not only has been the first ever to breed some of the locales he has in his collection, but all of his animals always stick out in a crowd.
One other thing we should mention is his packaging and shipping. He is FedEx certified, but opted to ship this package via Delta Dash, and kept us informed the whole time it was in transit. Not unlike an expectant father. The critters arrived safe and sound. The box was well-insulated with polystyrene sides, and crumpled newspaper to cushion each animals own little plastic container. Inside each container was papertowels to provide yet more cushion in case the box was dropped by careless hands. I think this box could have been dropped kicked, and everyone would have been fine, but we didn't try that one out, and wouldn't suggest it either.
So there you have it. Chalk Irene's Exotics up as another very satisfied customer of Mr. Alan Brutosky. For any of you thinking about a future Drymarchon to add to your collection, you owe it to yourself to get in touch with the Drymarchon Whisperer, and not be disappointed by other breeder's hatchlings whose parents probably met at a family reunion. Several of the other Dry breeders we contacted had advertised unrelated such-n-such, but when we asked the bloodlines, either they did not know specifically, or the bloodlines could be traced back to either Wilkins or Willis lines, which are seriously inbred. The hatchlings we received were all well-started, and none looked fragile in the least. Thanks for looking!
In the following pics, I could only find ones of the Texas and unicolor hatchlings, so I'll try and get some of the BTs in the next couple of days and upload them as well. They really are stunning examples of BTs, and i know we took some pics of them, but my computer seems to have placed them exactly where i told it to, and I don't know where that is at the moment. Stay tuned.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!