Alan Hall Jungle Habitats - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-16-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
hognoseman
Exclamation Alan Hall Jungle Habitats

Just a bit of Info on Alan I ordered cages from him in december a T-421 5 stack with heatig lighting bottom stand and an arboreal slat front from him with the same. I was told this would arive in early January. It was early Febuary when it came and when it arrived and I unpacked it It was lacking Heating lighting stand and Glass! With one notable exception Alan sent me a free devided cage with drop down doors now this came with the glass but no hidges. I had been informed shortly before that the base unit had been left out and he would build it and ship it with the hidges for the free cages glass in around 2 weeks. Within an hour of unpacking the cage I talked to Alan on the phone whos first words were that he forgot to ship the heating lighting and glass but that he would ship it ASAP. Later I was told it was shipped but there was no shipping number this was around 3 weeks ago now. It has not been easy to contact Alan over the course of this purchase at times its been like pulling teeth. Alan has 2 emails, about 5 phone numbers, and 2 forums he can reach me at yet despite multiple calls to him and emails and PMs on forums I have nothing. The next bit is a message to you Alan. Others are free to read it.

Alan: Its been several weeks sense you tole me my glass, heating, and lighting was shipped. Sense then I have not heard a peep from you despite repeated e-mails, phone calls, and PMs on this forum so i figure that mabye you will see it here? You message machines full to, or its shut off. Please call me you have my numbers about 5 i think... or email me herpoholic@gmail.com

Old 02-16-2008, 12:57 PM   #2
Clay Davenport
Sorry you're having this trouble Robert. Unfortunately you're not the first. I do hope Alan man's up and works this out to your satisfaction, but in the future I'd encourage you to do a search here on the BOI before doing business with someone.
Here's some links to threads about Alan's past dealings with members here:

http://tinyurl.com/2zfvur

http://tinyurl.com/2fk4zw

http://tinyurl.com/2hcgby

I live an hour from him and I could pick up and pay for cages from him in person and avoid the aggravation so many others have had, but I won't.
I was at a show Alan was vending at last year and found some snakes I'd like to have had, but I didn't have the caging available for them. I could have bought from him and came home with some very nice snakes that I can't find just every day, the seller of the snakes even suggested it, but I left without them. Had it been another vendor there selling cages I probably would have those snakes now, but I won't do business with him as a result of his treatment of other customers.

Old 02-16-2008, 01:01 PM   #3
Wilomn
Well well well, is ANYONE surprised?

alan, this is what, the TWENTIETH time you've SCREWED one of your customers over? And you still say you're not dumb as dirt?

HA!!!

Reed, or Robert if you will, is a 17 year old kid. Way to go alan, takes are real man to steal from a kid.

You know, at one time you were one of the good guys, but you put on the scumbag jacket and it became a second skin.

Give the kid his stuff alan.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:00 PM   #4
hognoseman
I prefer Reed or Yertle don't actually go by Robert. And Wes your off by one year im 18 now but just for a couple months. Also I had heard some of the stuff about Alan but also had been on another forum and interacting with him for 3or so years and I though he was a nice guy with good products that did good buisness over all now I know better.

Old 02-16-2008, 02:12 PM   #5
Wilomn
Well Yertle, I know that forum of which you speak. Somehow alan is a mod or supermod over there even though he's proven himself to be a scammer and a thief many times over. Gary is far too nice to the people he considers his friends.

18?? Damn, the time flies. I remember when you were just getting into turtles and it doesn't seem like 3 years ago.

alan, take care of the "young" man.

Old 02-16-2008, 03:17 PM   #6
SPJ
Again Alan?

Old 02-16-2008, 04:53 PM   #7
nora
jeezus alan.. wth are you doing over there?

Cmon its not that hard to realize when people are trying to call you and find out what's going on with their stuff. Seriously, you're a good guy and all when it comes to bs'ing on the forums, but as far as your business goes, when one sees all these negative threads it makes em not want to do business with you.

Just do yourself and yertle a favor.. if you're having personal issues and you KNOW you have open transactions call your customers and let them know that their orders will be delayed and give them the option to cancel any unshipped orders and refund any balance left over. Just at least give them the courtesy to contact them.

Hell, you still owe me for helping you set up the shopping cart for the cigar site.. but im not even gonna worry about that since i have far more important things to worry about than getting a rack.

Quote:
18?? Damn, the time flies. I remember when you were just getting into turtles and it doesn't seem like 3 years ago.
you're just getting old Wes.... haha

Old 02-17-2008, 12:52 AM   #8
hognoseman
Wish I could say the Same Nora! Unfortunatly my purchases are pretty much staled till The racks final peices come in. Not good news seeing as NARBC is ina few weeks!

Old 02-17-2008, 12:58 AM   #9
nora
I know Reed. Just keep calling him til he calls back. even if it's once a day. he's gotta respond one way or another.. and make sure you let him know about this thread so he can have the chance to respond and try to rectify this situation... I know he's done good with steve in the past, so there should be no reason why he cant with you.

Old 02-17-2008, 01:01 AM   #10
Tim Cole
Try

1 week for NARBC. I might be able to loan you some caging if you find something you cannot live without! Reed,give me a call. Are you riding with us or otherwise?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!