Alan Hall (cheapcages.com) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #1
anowen25
Alan Hall (cheapcages.com)

Hello, I am inquiring whether anyone has placed an order within the past two months on cages from Mr. Hall.

I placed an order on December 18th and was told I would have a maximum three week turnaround on my cage since he was behind with a large order.

Well Today is February 28th and I still have not received anything. I have been in contact with Mr. Hall weekly and as of last week (Feb. 21st) my order was supposed to be shipped out.

I have not received my order, nor the tracking number in an email that was supposed to accompany the shipping. As a matter of fact I tried to contact Mr. Hall on Friday via email and phone and again on Saturday and Sunday and today and have not been able to contact him.

He received the funds on December 18th but I have nothing to show for it.

Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks, Andrew Owen, Varanus Creations

This is from paypal:

Transaction Details

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shopping Cart Payment Sent (ID # 5S680125XJ4310210)
Related Transactions
Date Type Status Details Gross Fee Net
Dec. 18, 2004 Payment To Alan Hall Completed Details -$209.00 USD $0.00 USD -$209.00 USD
Dec. 18, 2004 Transfer From Bank Account Completed Details $209.00 USD $0.00 USD $209.00 USD

Old 02-28-2005, 07:14 PM   #2
anowen25
ps:

I mean Alan Hall, his site is cheapcages.com and he also goes under Jungle Habitats

thanks, Andrew Owen

Old 02-28-2005, 08:07 PM   #3
SPJ
Alan is not well liked on this board so you may not get a response.
He hasn't posted on any other boards for a few days so it is possible that he is not able to answer you. He shoudl make good on the cage for you. I have not had a problem with him delivering when I got a cage a few years ago from him but I think 3 weeks is a short lead time since he is the only one who builds the cages. I wouldn't give up just yet.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:38 PM   #4
hhmoore
I ordered several cages from alan late november, and more the first week of Dec. I got the first shipment about 3 1/2 weeks after ordering. 3 were broken by the shipping company. still waiting on the last replacement - it has been shipped but is taking forever. the last piece of the order placed the first week of december just got here about 1 1/2 weeks ago (for whatever reasons, they were not shipped together) - Alan was pretty good about explaining what was going on through the process; though once the cages were done and waiting to be shipped, there was quite a delay in them actually going out. I will not condemn or defend the delays, but you will be happy with the cages when they arrive.

Old 02-28-2005, 08:40 PM   #5
jenn
I have delt with Alan a couple times. And i do know that he is very busy because like Steve said he is the only one who builds his cages. I would not give up on him either and im sure he will make it right by you.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:01 PM   #6
anowen25
Thank You for your replies

I too hope this gets resolved soon. To me the amount of time for turn around is unacceptable (if you can't fulfill orders in a decent timely manner, why advertise?).

I really hope this all works out sooner than later, he has my money and i have nothing.

Old 02-28-2005, 09:06 PM   #7
cthulhu77
This situation was discussed on another thread, also...and had the same concensus...that small cage builders get a little ahead of themselves, and oversell when perhaps they should not.
Hopefully, this will work itself out easily for you.

greg

Old 02-28-2005, 09:50 PM   #8
ms_terese
Have you tried calling Alan?

Phone contact:

Alan Hall

1-828-584-6769

Old 02-28-2005, 10:13 PM   #9
anowen25
yes

I tried calling Alan, as I said in the first post.

We have spoken by phone and my cage was supposed to have gone out last monday. He has not responded to another email or several phone calls since. Also, this was not the first day (or second) that they were being shipped out.

Old 02-28-2005, 10:17 PM   #10
ms_terese
My bad, I misread. I didn't realize you'd tried calling since the last scheduled ship date.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!