A Boxer pup or a Salmon Boa ~ HElp - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: Boxer puppy or Salmon Boa
Boxer puppy 20 40.82%
Salmon Boa 29 59.18%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2004, 12:34 AM   #1
MGReptiles
A Boxer pup or a Salmon Boa ~ HElp

You guys help me decide on what to get...

Old 10-10-2004, 11:18 AM   #2
Randy T.
I say a boxer puppy, only because they are adorable, and you really can't play fetch with a boa constrictor..lol Plus I have always wanted a Boxer (hard to come across in this area)

Old 10-20-2004, 05:49 PM   #3
Ramona
I say Boxers!!!! Only because I have 3. And they will love you back.Take a look at my babies
Attached Images

Old 10-20-2004, 05:52 PM   #4
Ramona
and the little babies
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2004, 02:55 AM   #5
MGReptiles
I had a boxer like 3 years ago and it had what the vet called seperation anxity. Everytime I would leave the house it would go nutts and tear things up..It tore up 2 coutches and 3 remotes and 2 cordless telepones...Among about 100 other things..lol..So he is gone now..lol...I just had to eat the 500 bucks....

Old 10-22-2004, 05:47 AM   #6
Ramona
Crate training is great if you start a puppy out with.It just like a den to the dogs. and it keep them out of things and safe. All mine are crate trained. I don't have doors on mine anymore. the dog just go in there crates when I pick up my keys and go tho the door.

Old 12-06-2004, 03:15 PM   #7
MR_Jungle_Mist
Hmm...well, that's a tough call...
I would say go ahead and get a puppy but it might all depend on whether you are ready for one at this time. I mean I don't think you should be swayed one way or another from what others might suggest on here...it really is up to your preference. Are you looking for companionship at all? Or just a new animal in the house?

It's really up to you. I don't think you should be listening to anyone else but what you think would be best.

Good luck with whatever you choose......

Old 12-07-2004, 12:58 AM   #8
ms_terese
Quote:
I had a boxer like 3 years ago and it had what the vet called seperation anxity. Everytime I would leave the house it would go nutts and tear things up..It tore up 2 coutches and 3 remotes and 2 cordless telepones...Among about 100 other things..lol..So he is gone now..lol...I just had to eat the 500 bucks....
Don't be fooled by the pics MR_Jungle_Mist posted above. That pup, too, had separation anxiety. We knew that when we got him, because his mom died when he was born, and then 4 of the 6 pups died because the owner couldn't keep up with the bottle feedings....so the 2 remaining pups had to go to foster homes with no littermates. I have a soft spot for "special needs" animals (which explains why I married Jungle LOLOL), so Moose came to live with us. To date, he's eaten 3 floors (including the subfloor in one room), 2 couches, a coffee table, and a door. He WAS crate trained as a pup....unfortunately, he was also escape trained by Harry Houdini, because he can get out of almost anything.

Fortunately, he outgrew most of the destructiveness after he settled in here. To be on the safe side, I'm waiting until he's 2 years old to get new furniture, but I think we're past the worst of it.

By the way, I still vote for the Boxer pup, especially if you don't have any other dogs.

Old 12-07-2004, 01:33 AM   #9
sirenofthestorm
boxer puppy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one so bad but they're not allowed at my apt complex. oh they're just so sweet and cute and what personalities! *sigh*

Old 12-10-2004, 10:15 AM   #10
MGReptiles
Well I have the salmon and then some now... I do beleive it is time for the pup... Ill just buy it for my litle girl for Christmas..lol.. That way I can say look what YOUR dog did..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!