Bad Guy Armstrong Crickets - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:45 AM   #1
dgreptiles
Armstrong Crickets

Hello all. I recently purchased a box of 500 crickets from Armstrong Crickets. I paid over $16 for next day shipping (only going to Texas, one state over from Lousiana). The box arrived with a good size dent in it and crickets crawling on the outside of the box. It looked to me to be well short. I e-mailed them to their e-mail for customer service and explained the situation. I have not recieved any response. It has been over a week. I will never do business with this company again. I deserve at least some kind of response. I know they cannot control the shipping side, but they are
profiting from this while I am shorted crickets and ignoring the situation.
STAY AWAY FROM ARMSTRONG CRICKETS!

Old 08-28-2013, 08:40 AM   #2
ShadowAceD
Did you try calling them besides e-mailing?

Old 08-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Lynn
Thumbs up

I used to buy from them many a years ago.. They are great people with awesome crickets... Please call them and they will take care of you. They always replaced when I had problems. They have been in the business for many years .

Old 08-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #4
Bluebone
Armstrong Crickets

I have had 3 shipments go bad. Box crushed, crickets escaped, sat out in the heat too long and every time they replaced the box free of charge. Call them and ask for Terri. Even when the shipment was sent on a 2 day, the overnighted the replacement. So they are good people just contact them and they will take care of you. Based on my experience.

Scott

Old 08-29-2013, 07:13 AM   #5
dgreptiles
Thanks for your replies. I realize if I called I probably could get what I want, but calling is time consuming and at times not possible for me. If I buy on line I want at least some kind of response from email. I will try Fluker Farms, heard good things about them.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #6
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgreptiles View Post
Thanks for your replies. I realize if I called I probably could get what I want, but calling is time consuming and at times not possible for me. If I buy on line I want at least some kind of response from email. I will try Fluker Farms, heard good things about them.
Calling was too time consuming? Really? It takes about the same time to call as it does to email and explain things. You gave this company a bad guy thread that they do not deserve because you felt it was too time consuming to call! I think that was rather harsh.

This has been happening a lot lately. People would rather jump on here, tarnish a business reputation because they are too lazy (or can't be bothered) to take proper steps to solve a problem. Rather disturbing.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
bpmojo80
fluker

fluker is great. Just received a 1000 cricket order, very well packed, arrived on time and alive despite 90 deg temps in Arkansas.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #8
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyldwurm View Post
solve a problem
Kimberly, I see what you are saying. But if a company is quick to take an order online, quick to take payment online, I am thinking that it should also be willing to listen and communicate with its customers online.
From the positive comments here it seems as if this is a good company. Perhaps they could give someone in their organization the responsibility to quickly check and respond to emails daily. An easy fix.

Old 08-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #9
stingray
I have ordered from Armstrong for many years and never had a problem with them. Good people to deal with.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #10
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Kimberly, I see what you are saying. But if a company is quick to take an order online, quick to take payment online, I am thinking that it should also be willing to listen and communicate with its customers online.
From the positive comments here it seems as if this is a good company. Perhaps they could give someone in their organization the responsibility to quickly check and respond to emails daily. An easy fix.
And what if his e-mail happened to go to spam or, for whatever reason, was caught by a filter and did not arrive?

This is why I do not rely on e-mail when trying to get a problem resolved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!