For Sale 3ft Male green iguana needs home - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Lizards For Sale/Wanteds > Iguanas

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
lifeisevil
3ft Male green iguana needs home

Hello I need to re-home my male green iguana he is perfectly healthy and eats well. He is not tamed though. Adoption fee is $35 plz mssg me soon. I am in Miami, FL (He does not come w a tank) But he is used to free roaming around the house and goes in the tank to use the bathroom/eat/bask. I would trade him for a bearded dragon also if you rather
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-12-2009, 08:46 PM   #2
ashton_0218
hey do you ship to 44111

Old 10-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #3
lifeisevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton_0218 View Post
hey do you ship to 44111
I have never shipped an animal before but if you can find out how safely I would ship him to you but you have to pay for his shipping, thank you
  Contact User Check User
Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 AM   #4
lifeisevil
More pictures of him please help me find him a good home I rescued him from his previous owners which did not know how to properly take care of an iguana. They were housing 5 iggys in a 50 gal tank with a house light and feeding them only lettuce and apples so I bought them all in order to rescue them. 1 died he had really bad metabolic bone disease from the improper care. 1 I released in my backyard but later found out as nice as that seems there are too many cruel people who won't let them be and the other 2 I found homes for but I had to stay with this male since he is not tamed he has been harder to find a home for but I cannot keep him. plz helps
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #5
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeisevil View Post
1 I released in my backyard but later found out as nice as that seems there are too many cruel people who won't let them be
While honest about it, that is a completely irresponsible thing to do.

Old 11-01-2009, 06:25 PM   #6
lifeisevil
There are many iguanas that live a good life being wild in FL just not by where I live and they are meant to be wild so it is not a irresponsible thing to do. Especially when no one wants the iguana. Do you rather it be miserable all its life living in a place that is too small?
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-01-2009, 07:02 PM   #7
lifeisevil
Iguana still needs a home btw
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #8
critical bill
Quote:
There are many iguanas that live a good life being wild in FL just not by where I live and they are meant to be wild so it is not a irresponsible thing to do. Especially when no one wants the iguana. Do you rather it be miserable all its life living in a place that is too small?
It is a non-native species to Florida that has no natural predator to keep their numbers in check. They are meant to be wild in the natural range of where they come from, and Iguanas don't come from Florida. They established themselves here in Florida via the pet trade and irresponsible owners releasing them.

When you rescue an animal you have to know and understand that you may stuck with it forever. The responsible thing to do when you rescue an animal is to care for it or find some responsible to care for it. If you cant do either, then its simply no better off then who you rescued it from.

Your heart is in the right place, but your thinking certainly isn't. I can cite many reasons they shouldn't be released but I'm sure it wouldn't change your opinion.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:55 PM   #9
lifeisevil
I am trying to re-home the iguana. And no it would have been way worse off if it would had stayed with the current owner and would have a slow painful death.
  Contact User Check User
Old 11-02-2009, 12:37 AM   #10
critical bill
Quote:
And no it would have been way worse off if it would had stayed with the current owner and would have a slow painful death.
So by setting it free it would be more humane if it died being electrocuted on a utility pole, or falling to its death through a cold snap when temps fall low enough and long enough, or at the hands of a home owner who cares more about her plants adding curb appeal than ending up as food for a feral iguana, or etc etc etc...? Death is death, slow or otherwise.

Your heart is in the right place, I truly admire what you're doing, but you cant save everything. Do one rescue at a time and don't do another until that one has been rehabilitated and re-homed and you'll really see the difference you're making. For sure you wont feel like the weight of the world is on your shoulders.

Please understand that I totally respect what you are doing.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread