Varanus Exanthematicus - new pics - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 02:54 PM   #11
dekaybrown

Old 05-19-2012, 04:50 PM   #12
stolenheron
great photos and good looking little lizards! just wait til they are huge! they will be gorgeous

Old 07-01-2012, 12:03 PM   #13
dekaybrown
getting bigger by the minute.....

Old 07-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #14
Helenthereef
Such great characters!

Old 07-02-2012, 03:32 AM   #15
dekaybrown
Thanks, They are feisty....

Old 07-08-2012, 01:31 PM   #16
dekaybrown
They are growing an inch a week.

Got some unusual shots today.. They have a whole network of tunnels under the surface.. pretty cool.

This hole on the surface is quite small, I set the cam on macro and shined a flashlight down the hole to get these.

The tunnels connect and I can often hear them hissing down under the surface.

Basking.... Littlefoot is sprawled out flat, this is common to maximize surface area to absorb radiant heat from above.

Here we can clearly see the nictitating membrane (third eyelid) "blinking" on the right eye.

In a really bad mood.....

Old 07-12-2012, 01:01 AM   #17
Olimpia
Could we see some shots of their full cage, if you have any? Also, would you mind if I emailed you to pick your brain about these guys? My boyfriend pushed for us to get one and I'm not comfortable that we have all their care properly hammered out. I've been a chameleon person for a long time so these are new for me but we just need someone experienced to help us out.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:51 AM   #18
dekaybrown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
Could we see some shots of their full cage, if you have any? Also, would you mind if I emailed you to pick your brain about these guys? My boyfriend pushed for us to get one and I'm not comfortable that we have all their care properly hammered out. I've been a chameleon person for a long time so these are new for me but we just need someone experienced to help us out.
You may ask any question that you like, however.. On this subject, the contents of my brain are published at my web site. (Anyone may ask anything they would like, all I want is to see these animals properly cared for)

Savannahmonitor.co

And my cage looks like this from 10 feet back...

Old 07-12-2012, 08:53 AM   #19
dekaybrown
Oh, and that was taken before they killed all the grass.

Between trampling it and digging all the roots out from below, the grass dies quickly.

Old 07-12-2012, 10:56 AM   #20
Olimpia
Oh thank you, I've come across your site in previous searches.

How much should a young monitor be fed? Mine is ~10" in total length and right now we are giving him perhaps 3-4 appropriately sized roaches and 5-6 medium crickets every day, with a treat like a little feeder fish or infertile chameleon egg a couple times a week. So far no rodents. He always looks like he could eat more but he wouldn't be the first reptile I've had that could eat himself to death if I let him. How does this sound?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!