Bad Guy Swanee's Exotics Nate Swanson - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:36 PM   #21
KKane3742
Thumbs up

How is I'm broke don't have the money a miscommunication ?

dont know but he made good and i didnt lose it all so i feel lucky

Old 08-27-2011, 11:56 PM   #22
smoothy 425
WOW, im really glad i decided to check these threads. I was surprised to see this thread because even though I havent purchased anything from them, I was just in there during the week. This is very troubling to me, because this is store is main supply for reptile goods in the area besides the average Petco.

still WOW, leaves me pondering, terrible experience hope i never have to go thru this.

Old 09-23-2011, 12:45 AM   #23
KKane3742
Swanee's Exotics sells sick reptiles and he

Nate Swanson Seattle reptile / Swanee's Exotics sells sick reptiles and he sales WC as CB
the reptiles i received from him only one turned out to be CB
the boa died with in 6 hrs but i knew it was wc but still he had to know it was sick. the other two skinks were suppose to be cb but only one was the other is being treated for internal parasites and a resportary infection .

Old 09-23-2011, 09:08 PM   #24
predators
We sent out an email to all of our customers on our current Email Broadcast. Did not blind copy simple mistake.. Swannees-nate was on the list as one of our customers. Next thing I know 10 or so people email us and say that they just received a price list and correspondance from a company called Swannees Exotics and how did he get there email. Obviously Nate stole our email list. He also did this with another wholesaler (wont mention the name).. To me thats pretty underhanded..

Old 11-08-2011, 05:37 PM   #25
Pumpkin.King88
this "business" should be reported and closed

I was visiting Everett a few months ago and some friends took me into this store (Seattle Reptiles, used to be known as Swanee's Exotics) to show me the horrible conditions in which the animals are kept.... smaller snakes in deli cup containers in the display case where the cash register is, way too many boas and pythons sharing small tanks (most without a heat source), at least 25 Mississippi map turtles hatch-lings (with shell size of about 1.5" each) in a 15 gallon tank-at least they had a cork bark flat to bask on. They also had at least 3 or 4 sick looking Chinese water dragons in a very small Exo Terra terrarium with no water present...... they are arboreal and need tall enclosure with places to climb and a large dish of fresh water to soak in on a regular basis. They also had Axolotls in turtle tubs with snapping turtles!! Axolotls are very delicate "fish lizards" that can get their special gills and legs bit off by turtles. Although they do regenerate them eventually, this is not good. Snapping turtles are also illegal to sell in the state of Washington. Aside from every tank being over crowded and certain snakes spending all their days in deli cups until purchased, this place stinks! I cannot comment on the fish "room" because they have the tarantulas set up before it and I do not like tarantulas. It seems like anyone visiting this store would see all these animals in these conditions and not risk buying them, but I hope anyone wanting animals shipped from these people will read reviews first and think again about where these animals really come from and how they are being treated.
On another note, I did purchase one of the Mississippi Map Turtle hatch-lings because I felt awful and they didn't look like they had been their long since their tank was rather clean and it didn't have glass marker written on it describing the animal inside and price. He is healthy and happy. But, I hope this place is reported, even if it just because they have snapping turtles or for their lack of animal care.

Old 11-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #26
wyldwurm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin.King88 View Post
I was visiting Everett a few months ago and some friends took me into this store (Seattle Reptiles, used to be known as Swanee's Exotics) to show me the horrible conditions in which the animals are kept.... smaller snakes in deli cup containers in the display case where the cash register is, way too many boas and pythons sharing small tanks (most without a heat source), at least 25 Mississippi map turtles hatch-lings (with shell size of about 1.5" each) in a 15 gallon tank-at least they had a cork bark flat to bask on. They also had at least 3 or 4 sick looking Chinese water dragons in a very small Exo Terra terrarium with no water present...... they are arboreal and need tall enclosure with places to climb and a large dish of fresh water to soak in on a regular basis. They also had Axolotls in turtle tubs with snapping turtles!! Axolotls are very delicate "fish lizards" that can get their special gills and legs bit off by turtles. Although they do regenerate them eventually, this is not good. Snapping turtles are also illegal to sell in the state of Washington. Aside from every tank being over crowded and certain snakes spending all their days in deli cups until purchased, this place stinks! I cannot comment on the fish "room" because they have the tarantulas set up before it and I do not like tarantulas. It seems like anyone visiting this store would see all these animals in these conditions and not risk buying them, but I hope anyone wanting animals shipped from these people will read reviews first and think again about where these animals really come from and how they are being treated.
On another note, I did purchase one of the Mississippi Map Turtle hatch-lings because I felt awful and they didn't look like they had been their long since their tank was rather clean and it didn't have glass marker written on it describing the animal inside and price. He is healthy and happy. But, I hope this place is reported, even if it just because they have snapping turtles or for their lack of animal care.
You "hope" this place is reported? Why do some people think it's someone else's problem? If you did not like the way his animals are kept (believe they are neglected) and believe he is breaking laws, REPORT IT! Don't do nothing and then complain that he is allowed to do business. If everyone who see's this does nothing, then nothing will be done about the way he conducts business.

Old 11-09-2011, 08:26 AM   #27
lillith665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin.King88 View Post
Not to be mean, but, by buying a turtle?
You just rewarded him for bad behavior.

Old 11-09-2011, 03:26 PM   #28
ReptileGirl07
wyldwurm
I agree with you entirely. Actually, it's called the diffusion of responsibility. "It's a store, there are so many other customers, someone will call". Passing the buck.

It's almost like the bystander effect.

lillith665
I also agree with this. This is sometimes the one reason people stay in business, people purchase animals because "they feel bad"

Old 11-17-2011, 12:55 AM   #29
KKane3742
yep really bad guy , but things come back around to bite ya

Old 12-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #30
Double B Reptiles
Honestly one of the worst vendors ever. His store tells all. Walk into Seattle Reptiles in Everett, WA...First thing you will notice is that there are multiple animals crammed into small cages. Then you take a closer look and see that not all of the animals are given a heat source. Then you go to inspect an animal only to notice that it is wheezing with a respiratory infection. Take a walk to the back where they keep all of their rodents in small aquariums that should be used for fish with filthy bedding. Not to mention that when you inspect their animals fur, they all have either walking lice or mites. In a nutshell, this place is a breeding ground for parasites and sick animals. This is honestly the worst possible place to buy animals from. If you are in the Everett area and are in need of feeders or pet quality animals, this is honestly the first and last time that I would say that you would be better off buying from Petco.

Words of wisdom to all who love their pets.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!