Craigslist Adventure - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #1
Lucille
Craigslist Adventure

My son told me the other day about a classified system on the internet, Craigslist. I think he looks through for music stuff, several weeks ago he purchased a large record collection in the area from a classified he saw there (we have a record player and I have a record collection also).
ANYWAY
Out of curiousity I looked through it, not really in the market for anything, but just to check it out. *Lo and behold*, there was an ad for someone who was selling their snake collection!

Six boas, two ball pythons. This collection *NEEDS* to be at my house; I will update y'all as the adventure unfolds...... It's like the ad was written for me.....

Has something like this ever happened to you, where you totally by chance run into some adventure that seems meant for YOU?

Old 05-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #2
Lucille
YES!! (Can you tell I'm excited?) If everything goes as it should, they will be here in the morning!!!!

BOA**BOA**BOA**BOA**BOA**BOA!!!!

Old 05-08-2005, 05:58 AM   #3
DAND
I just recently was looking through the Trading Times. I was looking for something completely different then the ad that just happened to catch my eye. It was an ad for Leo's. The deal sounded too good to be true but it turned out to be the real deal. I ended up picking up all 16 adults (3 males and 13 females) for a great deal (actually a steal).

Old 05-08-2005, 08:45 AM   #4
Cat_72
No Fair.

Every time I "stumble" on one of those ads, I'm always the person who "just missed them, someone JUST walked out the door with them 3 minutes ago".

Hmph.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:56 AM   #5
Ginger Ambrose
Congratulations

Good deal guys.
I never seem to make it with these deals always 10 min. late LOL

Ginger Ambrose

Old 05-08-2005, 09:11 AM   #6
DAND
Persistance pays off. I have missed a whole lot more than I've actually got. This last one I was calling for 4 days before I got through to someone. I was rather shocked that they were still available.

Old 05-08-2005, 04:53 PM   #7
Lucille
Here is the next chapter in the adventure:

The guy arrived with the boas and ball pythons and he and my son took the enclosure out of his truck and then he left.

The nice triple tier solid wood enclosure, which he made. is wired with heat lamps and lights on a timer, was VERY heavy. I could not budge it. My son (what a great kid) decided to buy me a dolly for my birthday (which is tomorrow) so with that, we FINALLY got it in the house, I bet it weighed hundreds of pounds.

I am now up to my eyeballs in oodles of boids. He had them all in the three tiered enclosure and so I am spreading them around to some of my spare enclosures before deciding which ones to keep.

There is a little guy boa, he said he has had him for years and he has stayed little, maybe 2 1/2 feet.
On the other end of the spectrum is a *MONSTER* nine foot female, and then several other hefty girls and guys as well. There were 8 snakes in all, 6 boas and two balls.

What a grand Mom's Day!! What a terrific adventure!!!
I have decided that Craigslist is a *GOOD* thing.... , and so are spontaneous snake adventures!!....

Old 05-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #8
sircat
congrats...I guess you guys got the luck of good people...I've only gotten bum deals and ppl who I talk to and settle things with and then don't respond ever again

Old 05-08-2005, 10:03 PM   #9
Lucille
Rachel, I am hoping that you are blessed with some good deals and good adventures soon.

Old 05-08-2005, 10:34 PM   #10
sircat
thanks...I kinda gave up on keeping up with those ads but still looking for a job through there

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!