Please Help - My gecko has a splinter - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
rkeeter
Exclamation Please Help - My gecko has a splinter

Sorry, I posted this is in the general discussion forum, but then realized this is a much better place for it...

My best guess is that we didn't sift through her spaghum moss well enough, but we've used it for quite some time with no problems before. She has what really looks like a splinter in the very tip of her tail. It is in the last 1/8 inch, and sticks out some. We discovered it yesterday afternoon. We dipped her tail in peroxide (she LOVED that... really...) to try to kill any germs, but were hoping she would just take care of it herself. It is still there today, so I think its time we try to help her. Anyone have any suggestions for how to remove it without having her drop her tail and causing her the least pain possible?

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:22 AM   #2
DAND
Do it like a band-aid, tell her you'll be pulling it on three (one, two, pull, three). Or if she will stay still enough for you you can always just trim it down with some nail clippers and see if she can work it out herself.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:42 AM   #3
DAND
Update?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!