An Awful Adoption Experience - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Mammals > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Mammals.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #121
SilverRaichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle View Post
Guys, take a look at Best Friends. The adoption fees and sometimes flight are ELIMINATED during some times of the year, and for certain dogs! I really love what Best Friends is doing, and urge people to at LEAST check them out.
you'll have to be a little more specific links location etc. a lot of different animal organizations come up when I google "Best Friends"
If you know a rescue that has border collies and arent judgmental simply by questions answered on a sheet of paper or quick to decline someone after seeing the distance then PLEASE send them my way.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 PM   #122
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRaichu View Post
you'll have to be a little more specific links location etc. a lot of different animal organizations come up when I google "Best Friends"
If you know a rescue that has border collies and arent judgmental simply by questions answered on a sheet of paper or quick to decline someone after seeing the distance then PLEASE send them my way.
http://www.bestfriends.org/the-sanct...tuary/dogtown/

They are INCREDIBLY thorough, and Right now they are doing free air travel for adopted pets.
http://www.bestfriends.org/Adopt-a-P...ls/Search/Dog/

Use the filters on the left side. They will ABSOLUTELY work with people and WANT these dogs to go to good caring loving FOREVER homes. They test dogs that may or may not be okay with cats, with dog friendly cats, they test them with other dogs, too. Communicate heavily with them, they will definitely find you a good match if all others fall through. These were the people that took in and helped save a lot of the Michael Vick dogs, rehabilitated them and adopted them out to their forever homes.

They are a heavy NO KILL shelter. They keep the dogs they get until they are adopted. Even seniors.

Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #123
Mooing Tricycle
That will be the shelter i adopt from, when we go to look for a second dog, in the future. I support their mission entirely. They are incredible.

Old 01-07-2013, 12:45 PM   #124
SilverRaichu
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately they don't have anything I'm looking for at the moment, but I will keep them in mind. If you know any other rescues that do long distance adopting/transport servicing please let me know

Old 01-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #125
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverRaichu View Post
Thank you for the link. Unfortunately they don't have anything I'm looking for at the moment, but I will keep them in mind. If you know any other rescues that do long distance adopting/transport servicing please let me know
Will do! Google Adoption transport too. There are groups that link up with others who will drive dogs one on one to get them to a new home. The grassroots movement is around, and sometimes better than all these fancy shelters with massive adoption costs.

Best Friends has a shelter in Las Vegas too, so look into that new one as well.

I will do some more hunting for you! I got my border/husky/pointer ( mostly border!) for 50.00 from a lady who pulled him and his brother from a HIGH KILL shelter. they were both going to be put to sleep at 11 weeks old! Best decision i EVER made and seriously, best dog. Borders are incredible dogs, so i totally understand why you are determined to find THE RIGHT one.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 PM   #126
ShadowAceD
"On The Road Again" is one of the transport groups. I've done transport with them numerous times to get a dog from point A to point B.

Old 01-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #127
SilverRaichu
I hadn't thought of trying that. Thank you

Old 01-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #128
Helenthereef
Not to make too light of what's obviously an upsetting situation, but found this and thought it might make you smile a bit....
Attached Images

Old 02-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #129
SilverRaichu
Just wanted to update everyone. My adoption quest still has no happy ending. But im still trying. In the mean time I have started an account on Wordpress to talk about everything. I blogged about everything that happened with the NC rescue. If anyone is interested I am passing this around, Ive shared it on Facebook, if anyone has any animal, dog or rescue related pages saved or knows anywhere this story can be shared I ask if anyone can share this blog I want this story to be shared with everyone

http://stephspets.wordpress.com/2013...connor-fiasco/

Thank you to everyone who has participated in this post and for sharing thoughts opinions and support and if this story ever gets a happy ending I will be sure to post it.

Thank you everyone <3

Old 05-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #130
SilverRaichu
my friends! this horror story has come to an end
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...40#post1598040

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!