How tame are your rosy boas? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: How tame are your rosy boas?
It would not scare me to handle them naked 23 62.16%
Most are pretty tame, but a few are biters 12 32.43%
Almost all are defensive but a few are docil 0 0%
My city has enacted a law against unleashed rosy boas 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-30-2004, 10:53 PM   #11
Sand&SunReptile
Interesting...

I wouldn't try any of this blindfolded. My rosies are very docile. I will not go as far as to call them tame, because no animals is "tame".
Everything has teeth, and is very capable of biting.
With Rosy Boas, there is nothing scary about going toe to muzzle with one of these little critters.
Though, I'd crap my pants to handle a visvious gravid female nude. I think I wouldn't be able to father any of my own "litters" if I attempted that LOL.
Anyhow, rosies are great pets, easy husbandry requirements, very hardy, and as I hear it, fun to breed. We shall see about their breeding, mine arent quite old enough to breed. I'll update you all in 2 or 3 years when my little babies are ready to dance.
I am planing to add to my 1.1 as well.
I have 1.0 Borrego
and 0.1 San Felipe.
Should be interesting to see some of the babies she throws, they both have spectacular color.

Old 08-30-2004, 11:51 PM   #12
kenchat046
Warning!

My Hypo Whitewater female is a pretty mellow girl, although when she knows its feeding time she seems to think she is a 10 foot anaconda!!! lol Over the years I have had may rosies, all were pretty good snakes. Anyone into sands should have no troubles or worries keeping rosies...............Ken kenchat046@aol.com

Old 08-31-2004, 01:32 PM   #13
Sand&SunReptile
Yeah, My female gets very nippy around feeding time.
She never bites, just strikes out. It's all in thw wrists.
I hear ya though Ken, by the way, where have you been? 2 years as a member and only 18 posts? LOL.
What do you have right now in your collection?

Old 08-31-2004, 04:41 PM   #14
kenchat046
Mike, well I guess I hadnt realized its been 2 years already. Time flies. I dont really post that much, by defination I guess I am a "Watcher"..lol I dont jump on the bandwagon to bash people, I can honestly say most of the people I have dealt with in this crazy hobby( for 12-13 yrs now) have been great. I have posted when I felt it was necessary to add to a positive post. Im sure nobody really cares about all this but hey, when asked, thats the response.

As far as my collection goes heres the list:

1.2 Georgia Eastern Chains( 2yr old adults from Will Still)
1.1 Adult Cal Kings( the female is gravid right now)striped male,reverse stripe female
.1 Hypo Whitewater rosy... 03 female prouced by Andre McAlister of New Concept Reptiles
2. "Project" chain kings..... a surprise in the making ..from Will Still
0.0.1 "Funky" orange abberant chain 04 hatch... another outstanding snake from Will Still
BALL PYTHONS:
1. cb02 het albino male from Kevin@NERD proven breeder this year
0.3 poss he albinos from above daddy 04
1. "het" caramel male from Kevin@NERD
1. 04 Pastel male from Paul@A Select Few Reptiles nice lemon pastel( NERD line)
1. 04 Het Pied male( arriving tomorrow morning from Ralph Davis)
1.1 high gold/yellow pair of 02`s from Will Still ( gorgeous pair)
.1 2-3 yr old unusual looking female( doesnt everyone have one of these in their collection?..lol)
.5 adult females, normals
.2 yearling female balls
1. cb02 rough scale sand boa( almost forgot this guy, sold the female, hes still here)

I think thats everyone. The hypo rosy,male rough scale, and cal kings( once she lays) are still for sale. I traded all my kenyans so for the first time in 12 yrs I dont own any kenyans..

Hope Everyone enjoyed the "Ken Leach" bio hour on FAUNA !!!! lol Thanks for taking the time to read my post. Take Care Everyone,Ken

Old 10-07-2004, 06:47 PM   #15
Sand&SunReptile
As I was reading that, I was thinking to myself...
He sure has a lot of male balls. How does he possibly get any type of variety when breeding.
Low and behold, you saved the females for last.
Anyhow, you're selling the female whitewater?
If you do not mind, I would love seeing pics of her, and a price.
Email me at SandanSunReptile@aol.com if she is still available. Sounds like a snake I would like to add.

Old 03-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #16
pch101
I have 35 Rosys. Most are adults, a few sub adults and a couple babies. They all but three are very tame. The three biters are just that biters. They just like to bite, whether in the cage or in hand, they love to chomp when they get the chance. The other 32 are very tame, but they will also bite you if they are hungry and you reach in front of their face while in their cage. As far as I am concerned, there is no better pet snake out there.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!