Any green thumbers out there? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:49 PM   #11
j_dunlavy
I also collect cacti/succulents

here are a few pics:
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #12
j_dunlavy
and a few more:
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #13
Robert Walker
Those are sweet! I always stop and look at those at the store, but with little kids at home, I have to either keep walking or picture myself with crying kids - There is no such thing as just "looking", they have to touch everything!

Old 09-19-2014, 02:03 PM   #14
Lucille
AWESOME pictures!! Jon what an incredible pepper harvest!!!
I am hoping for some fall tomatoes.
I had a wonderful garden going in early summer, and then I had some contractors come over to do some work on the house. They were there longer than expected, and the heat and my lack of watering while they were there shut down the tomatoes.
I'm getting peppers and eggplant right now and keeping my fingers crossed for a tomato revival.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:12 PM   #15
j_dunlavy
Thanks.
I had so many peppers throughout the entire season, these are the hot ones that tend to come in later. Next year I plan to have more bells and less ghost peppers. I dry the cayenne and arbol chilies.
I give the tomatoes some extra water to get the plant moving and reduce the water dramatically to stimulate tomatoes. Mine are on round two but they are really slow now due to the cooler nights. they tend to be resilient with a little tlc.

Old 09-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #16
WebSlave
Ghost peppers? Heck, I've watched videos of people eating those things....

Old 09-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #17
Robert Walker
Guy in the video says, "I suggest you guys do this sometime". NO GRACIAS!

I lived in Chile for two years on church mission. I ate all kinds of peppers down there. I came home thinking I was tough stuff. My dad gave me a whole Habanero which I promptly popped in my mouth to show how cool I was. 1.5hrs later I was still in pain drinking milk, eating bread and even called poison control to ask for suggestions. I was an idiot.

Old 09-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #18
j_dunlavy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Ghost peppers? Heck, I've watched videos of people eating those things....

those are small ghost peppers; mine are about 3 inches on average (same type, Bhut Jolokia)

I also have carolina reapers (that is what I am holding in the pic).
Ghost peppers are the 5th hottest in the world (about 1.2 million scovilles); reapers are THE hottest in the world (about 2.2 million scovilles).
I was planning to use them in small amounts to spice batches of hot sauce up...
and as a cat repellent around my roses...

The ones I use the most are cayenne, jalapeno and habanero. When I get a chance, I will post a recipe that I tried recently for peach habanero chicken... it was goooood!

Old 09-19-2014, 04:39 PM   #19
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by j_dunlavy View Post
here are a few pics:

Besides my food garden and a couple hundred pumpkins that I usually do for Halloween then feed them to my chickens afterward, I have a yard full of succulents.

Succulents, bromeliads, all different types of salvias, fruit trees, etc..

Here are some succulents that I transplanted.
Attached Images

Old 09-19-2014, 04:53 PM   #20
Dennis Hultman

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!