Hate it OR Love it... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #1
DJSlurp1200
Hate it OR Love it...

If the pastel genetics are or were to carry over you know it'd be a pretty awesome looking animal!

Please refrain from any personal views on hybrids if you are against them... I know there are alot of people that strongly disagree with hybrids but I'm sorry I just couldn't help but be excited to see what happens with this one!

Gomez - Proven Graziani Pastel X My Buddy's Albino Burmese

Some courting... He loves his women Big! She's making him earn that love though LOL

Old 12-27-2007, 10:21 AM   #2
akaangela
Has there ever been a clutch from this kind of cross? Both snakes are beautiful.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:30 AM   #3
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela
Has there ever been a clutch from this kind of cross? Both snakes are beautiful.
There actually was... There were a couple threads on one or two differen't forums. The breeding was from a Male normal ball python to ( if I can remember correctly) a normal* Burmese.

If the genetics from both animals could some how crossover it should be a pretty incredible turnout. Pastel 100% Het albino BallxBurms.

Not sure really whats going to happen out of this but I can tell you Gomez has never been more happier than he has with this girl! He's been leaving plugs everywhere and courting her like crazy. I've been too busy with work to have caught any true lockups but I wouldn't doubt it. I think she's a little stuck up though...

So we'll see... He's pretty persistant!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:32 AM   #4
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by akaangela
Both snakes are beautiful.
Thanks!

Old 12-27-2007, 10:55 AM   #5
ShaunMAuth
ballxburm cross

Hello I was just wondering if you had any results with these yet and if so what did the offspring look like.
Thanks
Shaun

Old 12-27-2007, 11:03 AM   #6
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaunMAuth
Hello I was just wondering if you had any results with these yet and if so what did the offspring look like.
Thanks
Shaun
Kind of a wait and see at this point...

They've been together off and on for a couple weeks... I'll definitely keep things updated though if and as things happen/develop.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #7
DJSlurp1200
As far as I'm concerned though this would be the first morph hybrid ever produced if a clutch is hatched. Pretty exciting!

Old 12-27-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
David Reid
Hate it, and do not see what is so exciting.

Dave

Old 12-28-2007, 12:21 AM   #9
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid
Hate it, and do not see what is so exciting.

Dave

Old 12-28-2007, 12:52 AM   #10
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200
I think she's a little stuck up though...
I would be too if I were her -- she wants a real man, not a dinky little one like that with small you-know-whats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200
He's pretty persistant!
"Little" guys usually are...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!