Hate it OR Love it... - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:29 AM   #11
Laura Fopiano
Ok, the tittle of the thread is "hate it or love it" which implies a question and then you ask the group to refrain from any negative comments about hybrids?

Old 12-28-2007, 02:00 PM   #12
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenHarrison
I would be too if I were her -- she wants a real man, not a dinky little one like that with small you-know-whats.

"Little" guys usually are...
He's 950g's and has already proven to me that he's not shooting blanks by giving me a fertile clutch and great odds! (5 out of 6 pastels!)
Why such a positive post Jen? Think trying to take cheap shots on a snake forum is going to possibly heighten your coolness factor or maybe even make people want to buy snakes from you even more? Were you the kid in highschool that got picked on everyday so now that your behind a computer screen on a snake forum you feel the need to randomly post smart remarks? So that maybe you could come off cool like a few others in the ball community that already do enough to make us ball python folks look cocky, arrogant and greedy enough. It's no wonder why theres alot of great herpers and breeders that stay out of the Ball community simply so they can avoid people like you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Ok, the tittle of the thread is "Hate it or love it" which implies a question and then you ask the group to refrain from any negative comments about hybrids?
Actually to correct you on your grammer and spelling... If you look up at the top of the window the title of the thread is "Hate it OR Love it..." the "title" of the thread implies no question at all considering the fact that there is no question mark after the title. If you look close enough there are three little periods which actually lead you into the first sentence of my post.

I asked the group to refrain from any negative comments about hybrids because I didn't want this thread... like many to go on into a 120 page tug of war about whether the community on the forum agreed with hybrids or not. I just simply asked... and I did say please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Reid
Hate it, and do not see what is so exciting.

Dave
That's your opinion that your entitled to. You as well as others may not agree or see ANYTHING exciting about this at all... However there are a few that do!

Old 12-28-2007, 02:26 PM   #13
IloveSnakes1234
You go, Steve! I haven't seen a straight up post like that in a long time here...
I think it would be cool to see if anything comes out. I don't mind hybrids, at all.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:50 PM   #14
NorthernRegius.com
Good Luck & keep us posted. -Deb

Old 12-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #15
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernRegius.com
Good Luck & keep us posted. -Deb
Thanks Deb! We'll see! if nothing comes out of it, I won't lose sleep.

Old 12-28-2007, 07:48 PM   #16
kimnrick04
Has this ever been done? I'm sure its been tried but has anything came from it? If they do cross, what are the chances that they wouldn't be sterile? You are right Steve,people either LOVE them or absolutely HATE them.
Rick

Old 12-28-2007, 08:22 PM   #17
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJSlurp1200
He's 950g's and has already proven to me that he's not shooting blanks by giving me a fertile clutch and great odds! (5 out of 6 pastels!)
Why such a positive post Jen? Think trying to take cheap shots on a snake forum is going to possibly heighten your coolness factor or maybe even make people want to buy snakes from you even more? Were you the kid in highschool that got picked on everyday so now that your behind a computer screen on a snake forum you feel the need to randomly post smart remarks? So that maybe you could come off cool like a few others in the ball community that already do enough to make us ball python folks look cocky, arrogant and greedy enough. It's no wonder why theres alot of great herpers and breeders that stay out of the Ball community simply so they can avoid people like you.
You have got to be kidding me. Did you type that with a straight face? She made a tiny comment and then you go off on her like that? She isn't looking for sales from you or those who would support such nonsence.

And what great herpers/breeders are you refering to? And your great acheivement to the ball comunity is a cross speceis that is moraly reprehensible. I am all for morphs but at least keep them in the same darn species.

Quote:
Actually to correct you on your grammer and spelling... If you look up at the top of the window the title of the thread is "Hate it OR Love it..." the "title" of the thread implies no question at all considering the fact that there is no question mark after the title. If you look close enough there are three little periods which actually lead you into the first sentence of my post.
There was nothing wrong with my spelling or grammer. I reversed the hate is or love it dot dot dot. And just because there is no question mark present, does not necessarily mean that questions will not be asked by me or others. You posted this on a public forum.
[quote=IloveSnakes1234]You go, Steve! I haven't seen a straight up post like that in a long time here...
I think it would be cool to see if anything comes out. I don't mind hybrids, at all.[/QUOTE
Ohhhh looky you have a cheer leader! Gee Paulina, how's that Vietnamese beauty snake doing? You know, the one that you lied about and said that you killed?

Old 12-28-2007, 08:32 PM   #18
Dennis Hultman
Quote:

I asked the group to refrain from any negative comments about hybrids because I didn't want this thread... like many to go on into a 120 page tug of war about whether the community on the forum agreed with hybrids or not. I just simply asked... and I did say please!

That's your opinion that your entitled to. You as well as others may not agree or see ANYTHING exciting about this at all... However there are a few that do!

You should at least know how to spell "grammer" before you correct the grammar of others.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:35 PM   #19
dsirkle
Quote:

I took her remarks as intended to be humorous and found them to be quite funny. Maybe I'm wrong. If you are correcting spelling errors the word is grammar. As for myself I have no problem with what you are doing.

Old 12-28-2007, 08:36 PM   #20
Miss Tuniwha
I will say, that by the title of the post, I too thought that you wanted to hear whether people were for or against it..

no need to be rude just because people don't like what you like.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!