what happens to a pyro when you shake in a little kingcorn? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:28 PM   #1
diablo snakefarm
what happens to a pyro when you shake in a little kingcorn?

you can definatly se the pyro tryin to come out
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2003, 09:30 PM   #2
diablo snakefarm
same cross diffrent examples
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2003, 09:32 PM   #3
diablo snakefarm
I just cant get enough of these beauties
Attached Images

Old 05-14-2003, 09:50 PM   #4
Gordon c. Snelling
Hybridizing something as beautiful as a pyro, what a shame... ahhhh well I guess they would make good feeders.

Old 05-17-2003, 01:06 AM   #5
diablo snakefarm
forgot to post my name sorry

Jeremiah Ronsonet
Diablo Snake Farm www.diablosnakefarm.com

Old 05-17-2003, 01:51 AM   #6
KelliH
I agree with Gordon, why hybridize them, they are beautiful the way they are. Not trying to flame you but why DO you hybridize them? My husband used to create hybrids with some of his colubrids and I do not agree with it at all. So, yeah, i am just curious.

Kelli Hammack

Old 05-17-2003, 02:10 AM   #7
diablo snakefarm
honestly when /If you want to get down to brass tacks I believe it is un-explored science and I believe the things we can learn about how the diffrent genes/traits match up can be applied to varius other fields of study,far beond just trying to sell a pretty snake youre right pyros are a very beautiful king snake but I want to know what happens when you throw in a little king corn for example.Further more I would like to know how f1 hybrids when bred to other f1's of the same cross stablize out.Could we actually produce down the line animals that breed true.basicly there are flaws in our classification systems where I and many others see room for improvement and that goes for more than just snakes really you dont even want to get me started Ill go on till you vomit....hope this atleast shows where I stand.... .................................................. ..........................................."I am not going to sit around wondering when I can make it so"

Jeremiah Ronsonet
diablo Snake Farm www.diablosnakefarm.com

Old 05-17-2003, 02:12 AM   #8
KelliH
Thank you for your civil reply.

Old 05-17-2003, 02:24 AM   #9
diablo snakefarm
I would hope we can all be civil on a scientific level
Jeremiah Ronsonet

Old 05-17-2003, 03:04 AM   #10
Seamus Haley
Quote:
honestly when If you want to get down to brass and tacks I believe it is un explored science and I believe the things we can learn about how the diffrent genes/traits match up can be applied to varius other fields of study,far beond just trying to sell a pretty snake
I'm going to keep this as polite as possible but...

BULL$#!%!

"Unexplored Science"

"Learn about how the genes/traits"

"Applied to various other fields of stufy"

What kind of crap is that?!

Alright so... if's pure science and you're bastardizing species in order to gain some profound biological understanding of the genetics involved...

Well, you've got your disgusting bug-eyed freak of nature offspring, so tell me... What did you learn exactly?

What was the hypothesis for this experiment, where are the controls and what exactly are the results?

What amazing knowledge did you gain from this crime against nature that makes it "far beyond trying to sell a pretty snake"?

Incidentally... your hybrid abominations... They look like garbage, the parent species unto themselves are far more visually appealing before you decided that naturally isolating behavioral factors were meaningless.

Don't try to wrap greedy ignorance in the mantle of research, it cheapens the work of everyone who actually is attempting to map out genomes and work towards a better understanding of reptile taxonomy... It's just insulting.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!