2 ball python hybrid questions. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization

Notices

Genetics, Taxonomy, Hybridization General discussions about the science of genetics as well as the ever changing face of taxonomy. Issues concerning hybridization are welcome here as well.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:32 PM   #31
ThomasHicks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morelia4life View Post
You are still missing my point. I am familiar with intergrades when species overlap and breed in the wild. I am sure that happens all the time. Once again, intergrades are a little different than a hybrid. Crotalus species mating with crotalus species would result in a crotalus species. Now, say for instance a Crotalus species mated with a copperhead.. even though they are both pit-vipers and found in the same area, it would be a hybrid because it is two totally different animals. I doubt in the wild a copperhead would ever mate with a rattlesnake. Just like how everyone crossing ball pythons with everything else isn't natural. Just because a ball python and a burmese python are both pythons..... doesn't make it right.

I told you, I am fine with Intergrades that happen in the wild. Intergrades happen... ball pythons mating with retics, carpets, bloods, burms, this and that doesn't happen. People have no right to play God with creatures. Morphs aren't playing God because you are just taking the same species, breeding them and producing new morphs. Fire x fire, Albino x Albino, Mojave x pastel.. they are all just morphs. No... they may not happen in the wild but like I said, some morphs do.
So you're saying that it's okay to play god by producing morphs but it is not okay to produce hybrids/integrades that have known natural hybrid populations?

I get what you're saying, I see your point, it just doesn't make any sense. At the end of the day, both animals are just as modified and unnatural. You can't say one is natural and the other isn't, it simply doesn't make any sense.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #32
Morelia4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasHicks View Post
So you're saying that it's okay to play god by producing morphs but it is not okay to produce hybrids/integrades that have known natural hybrid populations?

I get what you're saying, I see your point, it just doesn't make any sense. At the end of the day, both animals are just as modified and unnatural. You can't say one is natural and the other isn't, it simply doesn't make any sense.
I am not saying it is ok to play God with any creatures because it isn't. I am done arguing with you dude. This is getting nowhere. I disagree with you still about the morphs and the hybrids. I just dislike hybrids more than morphs. That is just my opinion. Like I said, I know a lot of morphs don't survive in the wild and that is fine. Like you said, there is nothing natural about any of us keeping snakes in cages and breeding them but people still do it. Bottom line for me is, if hybrids can happen naturally than fine, let it be but if they can't happen naturally than why do it in captivity. To me that is trying to play God more than the rest of us. Just my opinion.

Old 04-26-2011, 01:32 PM   #33
brianm616
here's a pacific gopher x california king hybrid found in the wild:

i believe joe forks also came across a gopher x cal king back while field herping in the 70's, which became a display specimen at the san diego zoo. that picture is somewhere on ks.com

Old 01-04-2012, 01:22 AM   #34
deobra2869
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianm616 View Post
here's a pacific gopher x california king hybrid found in the wild:

i believe joe forks also came across a gopher x cal king back while field herping in the 70's, which became a display specimen at the san diego zoo. that picture is somewhere on ks.com
that is pretty cool

Old 01-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #35
Amelanistic Orca
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by deobra2869 View Post
that is pretty cool
My favorite King/Bull cross. Supposedly WC right here in Scotts., Az.... Kewl stuff right here!
Attached Images

Old 01-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #36
deobra2869
I would honestly love to own a blood/ball they are so gorgeous

Old 01-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #37
stolenheron
gorgeous hybrids.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #38
Beardiefreak26
Not restarting anything from farther up but in Genesis after Man was created God told man that he was to rule over the beasts of the air, land and sea and to do as he pleases.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #39
Pythonbreeder99
It seems this thread has ventured into religious opinion which was not the subject that the OP had in mind. We aren't here to argue the morals of hybridizing. Start another thread for that.

Old 01-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #40
Morelia4life
Lol. Aww yes, religion. Always a fun subject. I guess now in the reptile world you have two kinds of people. The people who are for hybrids and those who are against hybrids. I myself am against them. I see no point in them and find them rather ugly. Just my opinion.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!