Bad Guy Craig Martin - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:13 PM   #1
dmasio
Craig Martin

I'm posting about a deal I did with Craig Martin or Revered Retics. I bought a female white albino het anery from Craig 4 years ago or so. Then a little while after that purchased a motley anery het albino male to put to the albino girl. I raised them both up and paired the albino girl to only the motely anery. I had 21 eggs of which only 7 made it the vast majority were slugs. Out of the 7 eggs I hatched 2 motley lavs, 2 motleys, 2 normals and a lav. I know 7 eggs isn't a lot but by the law of physics it should be a 1-2 shot breeding visual to het 7 eggs no anery. Now again I know it's possible to miss but not probable. I mean I had the same chances at hitting the albino (which there were 3) and the same with motley (which there were 4). So I contacted Craig and asked him how sure he was the albino female was het anery. He responded and was cool in the beginning of the deal. He offered to trade me a yearling snow female for the adult albino girl I had paid for years ago and raised. I told him that I didn't feel it was fair for me to trade for a younger animal (granted his snow is wwaayyy more expensive than my adult girl) but I want something breeder sized which I don't think is outside the norm. So for weeks we go back and forth a couple of phone calls and many many messages. Long story short after offering me another adult albino het anery female for mine girl (and I still don't feel it's right I have to give up an animal that I raised for another animal that I'm not sure on the genetics. But i figure that's going to be the best deal. He tells me he's going to ship then come the day he's supposed to ship and he proceeds to tell me to send my animal the same day he sends his. I did some searching on faunaclassifieds BOI prior to contacting him and he has a few different bad threads and after some of the things he text and verbally said gave me a bad feeling. So I told him I couldn't and he said deal was off. I've tried for the last 2 days to try to post this but there are ssssssoooooo many screen shots of our conversations on FB messenger and phone text. I have 172 screen shots of our conversations
Attached Images

Old 07-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #2
Lucille
I'm sorry you are going through this but thank you for warning the community. While it is always possible to have bad luck, his action in calling off the deal at the last minute like that makes him someone to avoid. If he indeed sold an animal as a het, he is in fact required back it to his buyer and cannot try to point to anyone else.

Old 07-22-2019, 11:59 PM   #3
Lucille
A timely and interesting post that I thought would be worth including in this thread.http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=695947
It certainly points out that a lack of results can be bad luck and that perhaps parties should be extra patient realizing that the results they were hoping for may not necessarily be because the animal is not a het.
However, I do feel that if a seller voluntarily chooses to agree to a replacement, that changing that agreement or adding extra requirements at the last minute is very poor customer service.

Old 07-23-2019, 03:12 AM   #4
nickolasanastasiou
My opinion is that a seller should back the hets he sells based on the labels he sells them under, but there should be a larger sample size than currently exists in this situation before a functional conclusion is made. If a person is unwilling to wait for a substantial sample size to play out a more meaningful series of results, hets are not well matched for that keeper. Everyone wants a positively slanted result, but the universe is indifferent to that desire.

There is not a "law of physics" at play. There is statistical chance at play.

I dislike the response shown, as it appears he is not standing by what he sells. That said, the argument for a larger set of results still stands.

Old 07-24-2019, 11:54 AM   #5
morph evolution
is craig aware of this thread?

Old 07-24-2019, 01:08 PM   #6
Craig martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasio View Post
I'm posting about a deal I did with Craig Martin or Revered Retics. I bought a female white albino het anery from Craig 4 years ago or so. Then a little while after that purchased a motley anery het albino male to put to the albino girl. I raised them both up and paired the albino girl to only the motely anery. I had 21 eggs of which only 7 made it the vast majority were slugs. Out of the 7 eggs I hatched 2 motley lavs, 2 motleys, 2 normals and a lav. I know 7 eggs isn't a lot but by the law of physics it should be a 1-2 shot breeding visual to het 7 eggs no anery. Now again I know it's possible to miss but not probable. I mean I had the same chances at hitting the albino (which there were 3) and the same with motley (which there were 4). So I contacted Craig and asked him how sure he was the albino female was het anery. He responded and was cool in the beginning of the deal. He offered to trade me a yearling snow female for the adult albino girl I had paid for years ago and raised. I told him that I didn't feel it was fair for me to trade for a younger animal (granted his snow is wwaayyy more expensive than my adult girl) but I want something breeder sized which I don't think is outside the norm. So for weeks we go back and forth a couple of phone calls and many many messages. Long story short after offering me another adult albino het anery female for mine girl (and I still don't feel it's right I have to give up an animal that I raised for another animal that I'm not sure on the genetics. But i figure that's going to be the best deal. He tells me he's going to ship then come the day he's supposed to ship and he proceeds to tell me to send my animal the same day he sends his. I did some searching on faunaclassifieds BOI prior to contacting him and he has a few different bad threads and after some of the things he text and verbally said gave me a bad feeling. So I told him I couldn't and he said deal was off. I've tried for the last 2 days to try to post this but there are ssssssoooooo many screen shots of our conversations on FB messenger and phone text. I have 172 screen shots of our conversations
what a bunch of crap dude. All your done is lost your shot at a replacement if she did turn out to be not het. I DID NOT PRODUCE HER. AND GAVE TO YOU AS I WAS TOLD. Anyone that breeds knows 7 eggs isnt enough to determine if she is or isnt a het!!!! You were offered an purple snow by me in the begining . You got to greedy and turned it down. I had also offered before i had all the facts. So now i will not help you out period. good luck

Old 07-24-2019, 01:18 PM   #7
Craig martin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
A timely and interesting post that I thought would be worth including in this thread.http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=695947
It certainly points out that a lack of results can be bad luck and that perhaps parties should be extra patient realizing that the results they were hoping for may not necessarily be because the animal is not a het.
However, I do feel that if a seller voluntarily chooses to agree to a replacement, that changing that agreement or adding extra requirements at the last minute is very poor customer service.
poor customer service ..., He doesnt rate anything!!!!
But when i offered the purple snow to him and he denied it. Thats not my fault. I didnt even produce this asnimal. Yet was wiilling to help him out. But not anymore. Then to turn around and say i ship firstr due to the chance im going to send a sick animal!!! screw that . Maybe he should learn some respect at the same time. But whatever. I have not screwed over anyoner. and will not .

Old 07-24-2019, 01:20 PM   #8
Craig martin
He is just upset because her slugged out. nothing more. Your getting nothing from me . You dont rate it.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:32 PM   #9
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig martin View Post
I DID NOT PRODUCE HER. AND GAVE TO YOU AS I WAS TOLD.
It doesn't matter that you did not produce her. If you sell an animal and make representations to a buyer that it is a het, YOU are responsible for backing that representation.

Old 07-24-2019, 05:56 PM   #10
Lucille
California Commercial Code COM section 2313:

(1) Express warranties by the seller are created as follows:

(a) Any affirmation of fact or promise made by the seller to the buyer which relates to the goods and becomes part of the basis of the bargain creates an express warranty that the goods shall conform to the affirmation or promise.

(b) Any description of the goods which is made part of the basis of the bargain creates an express warranty that the goods shall conform to the description.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!