OK I NEED HELP PLEASE!! - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #21
Bill T
Go to a good feed store and they have it.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:04 AM   #22
barbie
Exactly feed lots do sell it!! I am from a farm comunity and its everywher!!

Also because of all of thies questions and accusations, i chose to call the local vet, it is NOT elligal to sell thies products. You do however need a license or to be running a rescue or animal shelter. She is well within the law to have, distribute, and administer thies medicins. If you buy the meds from a feed lot or other destributer it is the owners descretion to administer the medication without the help of a vet, the same rule applys hear, she is able to sell it but it is owners descretion to administer with out a vet. Lets be carefull to know are facts before we jump the gun especially about rescue laws and laws in general. Thies kinds of posts have the possibility of turning people away from a site, rescue, or person who is really helping our community.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #23
DiamondDen
They are great, i would never be concerned there selling something that is not legal, it took them a while to get all the meds up they have now originally it was just the dewormers and a few other things, but now as barbara said they are a rescue with a license so they can now distribute more meds legally then they could before witch is why they only offered a few actual meds and then supplements and such, also a great page for good info, i think the best i have seen for health issues.

Thats where i send anyone needing meds or needing info on a poss disease, or even needing to see the nutrition chart.

Old 03-30-2012, 02:53 PM   #24
hadenglock
amoxicillin is not always rx required and so are some forms of doxy, though i think the biggest no no in this situation is someone who is try to play "vet", when they dont have a license. THAT is illegal.

Old 03-30-2012, 03:48 PM   #25
barbie
Well its a good thing that she has a license, is distributing this, and is rescuing animals that would in other sercumstances have no chance at a happy life. It is so great people like this exist and i am thankfull for what she has done for my little one

Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 AM   #26
Jennifer P.
None of the medications listed on this thread would be illegal for her to distribute or administrate. As long as she's not calling herself a DVM she isn't doing anything wrong. There are many hobbyists, breeders, and pet owners that know as much or more about their specific breed of reptile, than most general practice veterinarians. Most just don't see many reptiles or amphibians. Anymore, there is so much information available from reputable resources that it isn't very hard to become well educated about the species you keep.

Old 04-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #27
AGoodwin
THANK YOU. Im so glad some other people finally jumped in here to her defense. It was beginning to look like I was the only one who didn't want to condemn her!

Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #28
barbie
She is an amazing woman and i am so glad to have her in the reptile community helping and saving lives. We are a blessed community to be so close nit and should be thankfull for people like this

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!