Bad Guy Josh of OUTBACK REPTILES - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:46 AM   #41
Cp3_Pythons
I see a few problems here one I don't care who you get an animal from there's a few things you do off the jump after you get them... 1 give the animal a thorough look over from head to tail really inspect the animal, 2 SEX the animal to ensure you got what you wanted which it seems you failed to do when you originally got the animal It wasn't until after 2 weeks had went by and after the animal was in a different persons care that the problem came to light. Most people/breeder's/hobbyist's/company's offer a standard 7 day policy and ANYONE will tell you sex an animal when you get it it doesn't matter WHO it come's from period. Personally I can see why Josh doesn't and or hasn't replied to your emails and or call's it was after a certain period of time and even more important the animal was in SOMEONE else's care when the so called problem was noticed.... For all we know the person you sent the animal off with could be or is trying to pull a fast one we don't know I'm by no means saying the third party involved is but there's always that reason of doubt that, that could be the case.

Old 06-18-2012, 07:50 AM   #42
Balls Out Morphs
I have purchased a few extremely nice balls for my hypo projects from Josh at Outback and could not be happier with them. He answered all of my questions prior to and after the purchase, brought extras for me to choose from when he met me, and gave me a killer deal on them. They were all sexed correctly and eat like machines every time offered.

Josh is a straight up guy that’s not going to bs anyone just to make a sale; this is what he does for a living not a hobby and I'm sure he would never purposely do anything that could jeopardize his good name in this industry. I would not hesitate to purchase anything from him and will be purchasing more myself as things I want become available.

Old 06-18-2012, 08:37 AM   #43
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons View Post
I see a few problems here one I don't care who you get an animal from there's a few things you do off the jump after you get them... 1 give the animal a thorough look over from head to tail really inspect the animal, 2 SEX the animal to ensure you got what you wanted which it seems you failed to do when you originally got the animal It wasn't until after 2 weeks had went by and after the animal was in a different persons care that the problem came to light. Most people/breeder's/hobbyist's/company's offer a standard 7 day policy and ANYONE will tell you sex an animal when you get it it doesn't matter WHO it come's from period. Personally I can see why Josh doesn't and or hasn't replied to your emails and or call's it was after a certain period of time and even more important the animal was in SOMEONE else's care when the so called problem was noticed.... For all we know the person you sent the animal off with could be or is trying to pull a fast one we don't know I'm by no means saying the third party involved is but there's always that reason of doubt that, that could be the case.
If I was buying a critter where the gender mattered, I agree with Clarence that prudent behavior suggests that it be sexed soon after receipt.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...xing+guarantee

Old 06-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #44
bullies&balls
If the OP sexed the animal or NOT, it was mis-sexed by the seller. It is the SELLERS responsibility to make it right. What happens if the buyer is "new" and doesn't know how to sex an animal, are they SOL ? This isn't like the op got an animal off of CL, he went to a "reputable" breeder.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #45
Cp3_Pythons
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
If the OP sexed the animal or NOT, it was mis-sexed by the seller. It is the SELLERS responsibility to make it right. What happens if the buyer is "new" and doesn't know how to sex an animal, are they SOL ? This isn't like the op got an animal off of CL, he went to a "reputable" breeder.
How do we know the seller mis-sexed the snake as stated the op didn't sex the snake, leaving that little gap that just maybe the so called friend who has been breeding for 25 years isn't being honest...
( This reasonable doubt is placed here by the Op who didn't sex an animal after receiving said animal)
Like I stated before even if the person and or company is reputable WHEN EVER RECEIVING AN ANIMAL ALWAYS CHECK THE SEX OF THE ANIMAL ALWAYS!!!
The OP even if new states he has a friend who has been breeding for 25 years... so getting the sex of the animal checked out shouldn't of been a problem...

Problems with the OP'S Claim which would in honesty put Outback Reptile's in the clear to fix or make right the so called "problem"
1. The Op waited longer than the Normal 7 day policy... to report any problems... ( I believe Outback has a 7 day policy been awhile since I made a purchase with them )
2. The so called problem wasn't even noticed until after 2 weeks of the animal being in the Op's care and wasn't even noticed by the Op it was noticed afterwards by a third party ( who should be named since the Op brought that up.... IMO that falls under the no anonymous third party quote policy which is a NO NO )which means the said animal switched hands between a different party. ( I don't know of anyone who offer's there policy's to extend to a third party... )
3. The Op failed to check the sex of said animal to ensure it was indeed a female ( Yes it happens maybe Outback sent out a mis-sexed animal but we will never know because the Op didn't check the sex of said animal )

Three strike's your out.... there's three reason's that give reasonable doubt to the Op's claims... and three reasons that could be used to prove that Outback did no wrong here and the Op and or the third party is trying to pull a fast one....

Old 06-18-2012, 10:31 AM   #46
Josh@Outbackreps
I just got into the office and had a chance to glance over this thread. Give me a few to read all the post, and I will put up a reply, as well as see what we can do to get the issue resolved.

Thanks to everyone who gave me the heads up on the thread, I do not have fauna logged in on my phone, and was spending fathers day with my son, so this has been my first chance to read the thread, and get the details on it.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 AM   #47
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls View Post
Bob, everyone- buyers and sellers, even reputable sellers, can make a sexing error. It is prudent for a buyer to sex a critter asap so that the situation can be fixed as soon as possible.

I included a link in my previous post where people are discussing the length of time elapsed before an error is discovered. I think everyone would agree that the sooner an error is caught, the better for everyone.

If the snake that was sent to the OP is the same snake pictured with hemipenes, of course it is the seller's responsibility and I think this particular seller who has a good rep in general, will make it right.

Old 06-18-2012, 10:47 AM   #48
Lucille
I was looking to peek at the Outback TOS, I do not see an internet site, anyone have a link?

Old 06-18-2012, 11:07 AM   #49
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullies&balls
I completely agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cp3_Pythons
How do we know the seller mis-sexed the snake as stated the op didn't sex the snake, leaving that little gap that just maybe the so called friend who has been breeding for 25 years isn't being honest...
( This reasonable doubt is placed here by the Op who didn't sex an animal after receiving said animal)
Like I stated before even if the person and or company is reputable WHEN EVER RECEIVING AN ANIMAL ALWAYS CHECK THE SEX OF THE ANIMAL ALWAYS!!!
The OP even if new states he has a friend who has been breeding for 25 years... so getting the sex of the animal checked out shouldn't of been a problem...
I think you're reaching. We're not dealing with a subjective matter like dissatisfaction due to color misrepresentation, nor is this a health issue where the passage of time could could be rightly cited to absolve the seller of any responsibility. Assuming the snake really was mis-sexed, that's 100% the seller's fault, whether it's 2 days or 2 months before it's noticed, doesn't change that fact. A female isn't going to spontaneously generate hemipenes. Could he hide behind TOS and say "You should have sexed it sooner"? I guess so. Is that how a reputable dealer handles what comes about from their own mistake? I don't believe so.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #50
Willis Wildlife Enterprises
Does the OP intend to send the snake back if a refund is agreed upon? And what about the lack of quarantine into at least the "friend's" collection? Personally, I would also want the snake "professionally sexed" (vet or experienced 3rd party herper) before agreeing with anything. And I also agree that the "friend" needs to be named here.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!