Baby Dragon Help/Advice - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #1
Amadeus_n_Tina
Baby Dragon Help/Advice

Hi there!

Name is Tina, and I am new to lizards only having Redtails and Balls before my boyfriend and I have gotten two bearded dragons. One we adopted from a pet rescue, lovingly named Toothless since she likes to nibble fingers, but not in anger, she just likes giving them sloppy kisses. She's roughly 10 inches including her tail (which does have a slight nip).

My recent concerns have been with our newest addition, a teeny baby my boyfriend bought (for only 60!) But its so little, barely a few weeks. I'm not sure how often to feed something that tiny, how hot I should keep the basking area, or much really lol.

Currently I have him on paper towels as substrate, with a hide box/basking area, water bowl. I have small mealies, waxworms, and some repashay bug stew omnivore diet powder. How often should I feed it? I feed Toothless twice a day, veg in the morning, bugs in the afternoon.

Any ideas on color or morph?

Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 AM   #2
Amadeus_n_Tina
Sorry my pictures don't want to work from dropbox for some reason.

Old 07-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
angie.h
Hi there....no, your pics aren't showing up but can you try again, or can you measure the baby ? I would avoid meal + waxworms for a tiny baby, they can cause impaction very easily. Babies will gobble them up and may vomit them later or else become impacted + die. But it depends on the size of the baby dragon. You're better off with tiny crickets, like 1/4 inch, fed 2 - 3X daily. If you want to see a good care sheet, just look at a website like Carolina Classic Dragons or Rainbow b.d.'s As far as good UVB lighting, which is critical. the Reptisun 10.0 tube [ rather than the compact or coil ] is about the best on the market, and then you need a heat bulb also, which can be a regular housebulb as long as you get the temp. in the basking area up to about 105. The cooler end of the tank should be around 80. Offer water by dripping it on his nose with an eyedropper or a very gently spray from a spray bottle, but without getting the tank all wet. If you do, just use paper towel to soak up any excess water.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!