Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 09:01 PM   #31
HerpVenue
I do not know who is who or what is what.

a deposit is a deposit.
which means it ensures your place to buy an animal you want.
If you do find an animal you want.....Then your deposit will go towards the purchase price of said animal.

here is another point of view.
If you put a deposit on a certain clutch
and it fails to produce the "morph" you are looking for then you should get a refund.

and yet another point of view.
If you put a deposit on a certain clutch
and it does produce the"morph" that you want......but you think it is ugly and it is not to your liking.....then you have a choice of loosing your money or waiting for more clutches to be born.

Now.....if the only reverse striped offered was m3
well a refund should be in order. After all m3 would not make any reverse striped fans to happy.

Now if other animals were offered.....but the buyer refuses to send extra money for whatever the other animals really cost....
well too bad too sad. A deposit goes towards the purchase of the animal. A deposit does not pay for the animal....unless the animal was the same price as the deposit.

okay I hope you all followed.
attached is what a reverse striped looks like to me
Attached Images

Old 04-28-2003, 09:12 PM   #32
Da_Ru
Quote:
Now.....if the only reverse striped offered was m3
well a refund should be in order. After all m3 would not make any reverse striped fans to happy.
Thanks Ritchie

I don't think he can show me a better looking reverse stripe male that is for sale. Therefore I should get my deposit back. Agree

Here is his phot gallery

http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...at=500&thumb=1

Old 04-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #33
HerpVenue
Drew you wanted Reverse Striped correct?

m7
labeled striped but I do not see any reverse striped. hence the $200 price tag

m6
good stripe but sold

m5
"shows reverse striped genetics"
but I see no reverse stripe.
sorta like an albino showing the albino gene. but being normal colored. huh?

m4
This male is extremely pink (see how bad my photographic skills are, lol), with very thin saddles and is missing a saddle. Faded sides, with the gray ghost side stripe. A very beautiful animal. Asking $350.00

I still see no reverse striped tail.
as far as the missing saddle. Thanks for pointing it out. I did not see it. I did not see it because it was missing.

m3
two saddles connected together does not a reverse striped make.

m2
a good example of what a reverse striped buyer wants to buy.
unfortunately it is not for sale. and if it is for sale....it would cost a lot more than the agreed amount.

If it was my money.
if it was for a reverse striped animal
if the agreement was truly for nothing over $500
I would want my money back.

there are lots of very good females.
But the agreement was for a male.

Old 04-28-2003, 10:34 PM   #34
Bobby Douglass
Steve, I must admit I don't know anything about boa morphs, so may I ask what makes that a reverse striped boa? Is that the best "reverse striped" male boa that you have available for the $450 + shipping price? Thanks.

Old 04-29-2003, 12:58 AM   #35
sputnik
DEPOSIT REFUND

It still looks like a refund of the deposit is in order, which it seems has been the case all along!

Old 04-29-2003, 04:36 AM   #36
DISCERN
I agree.....

In my opinion....if someone sends you money for a snake and is told that you can get your money back if you don't like any of what is produced, then what is the problem giving back his refund?

Steve may have supplied some reverse striped, but if none are to Drew's liking....then Drew shouldn't have to lose a dime.

The fact that Steve is so reluctant to send back a refund troubles me. I am not saying that Steve is a bad guy, and after reading his posts on here, he seems very reasonable. My opinion is that Steve should just send him back his money, especially if he is not planning on getting any snake from him. The M3 has no stripe, so why should Drew have to pay $450 for that?

Time for good business practices to be set in, as well as good representation of what is for sale.

My 2 cents.....and I hope this all works out for both sides.

Billy Fraser

Old 04-29-2003, 08:56 AM   #37
The BoidSmith
Of the two animas posted only M2 shows INO a reverse stripe. Having said this, and again, in order to be fair, it would still be important to read the e-mail exchange between both parties. Drew has already stated that he doesn't mind if they are posted.

Regards.

Old 04-29-2003, 09:46 AM   #38
bpc
M3 is not a reverse stripe. The other one is, but not by much. And I'm not even going to try to figure out what is for sale and what isn't. If Steve can't send out a good reverse stripe now that the clucth has arrived he needs to refund the money. The deposit was for a reverse stripe w/ satisfaction guaranteed as I recall. The buyer is not being offered a snake that satisfies him therefor he should get a refund. Not difficult. M3 is a nice looking snake, but it is not a reverse stripe.

Old 04-29-2003, 10:27 AM   #39
The BoidSmith
Quote:
If he would like to keep this going then I would ask someones advice on how to post all of the emails. I keep all emails till I'm sure the customer is happy with his animal, then I erase them.
Steve,

At this point both probably Drew and yourself want this issue resolved. Well...maybe Drew is a little more anxious as so far he is out of the money and the boa.

Here is what I do when I have to post an e-mail "converstion". First I open my e-mail program and simultaneously Microsoft Word. I start copying and pasting individual e-mails and replies on a Word document. Once I'm done with all of them I highlight all the text in the Word document, go edit/copy, then go to this thread, click the reply button and go to edit/paste in the box. Some probably use a different method but this one has worked for me.

Hope this helped.

Old 04-29-2003, 01:05 PM   #40
A Forgotten Realm
I have been dealing with and raising snakes since 1964. I have never screwed anyone in all of that time. Here are the emails involved in this cituation.

Steve,
Do you know what my place is on the deposit. Also how are the babies doing have they shed yet. When will be a good time to call. Thanks Drew

Hey Drew,
You've got the first pic buddy. Call most anytime, I've just been alittle under the weather lately. All have shed for the first time and will be fed today for their first meal. I'll keep you informed.

Steve,
Any pics yet. Thanks

Hey Drew,
Not yet, one more shed to go, should be within a week or so. I'll post on Kingsnake as soon as I take the pics. Don't worry you've got the first pick

Hey Andrew,
The pics are done. This is my add on Kingsnake
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=8&de=74138 . You have the first pic so I need for you to pic asap as there are three more people with deposits that have to pic and a fellow locale breeder who has seen them in the flesh wants five to ten of them depending on how fast he can raise the money. We're all waiting for you partner. Get back to me as soon as you can.

I will take male 2 or male 3. lol

Hey Drew,
You can have male 3 for 450.00. Tell me where your located, zip code, and which way you'd like shipping and I'll give you an exact amount to paypal or overnight Money Order. You picked an awesome animal. No M3 your gonna love him. Get back to me asap.

Drew McHenry
901 Jefferson Ave
Norristown Pa, 19403

Hey Drew,
You sent $100.00, no. m3 is $450.00 and shipping is $40.00. Remaining balance is $390.00. I'll ship as soon as you tell me your weather is warm enough. You can paypal or send an overnight money order. I'll send you a reciet and complete paperwork with the animal. As soon as I get the funds I'll put sold on M3 on the gallery. Get back to me.

Steve,
Can I get it for 450 shipped. Thanks

Hey Drew,
I haven't heard from you and need to know what's going on. I'm holding up all sales waiting for you to decide. I'm gonna give you the email addy of a person who bought a het from an out breeding of these pastel stripes last year. They paid in full in advance for one of these and have picked out M6. My picture taking isn't the greatest but I assure you if Pete Kahl or any of the other big name breeders produced these animals they would be about 50% more. Talk to Lonni, that may help you make up your mind.

Do you have a pic of the parents. Thanks
the mother stripe

Steve,
I hate to be a pain but can you take more pics of male 3. Thanks

Steve,
I was hoping for a male like the one you are keeping. Since there was only 1 with that amount of a reverse stripe can I have my deposit back. Thanks

Hey Drew, You've caught me at a bad time financially. Bad for me good for you. Make me an offer on the M2 reverse striped male that I was keeping. You just might be able to talk me out of him.

$450

HEy Drew, I'm sorry but I'm not letting that guy go for 450.00. I've got others listed for 500.00 that I don't like as much as the m2. If you'd like to send me another 550.00 to make it a total of 650.00 shipped I'll send him to you. It's up to you. Deposits are non-refundable in this industry. I know of no company that would give you your money back. I'll give you a credit toward a future purchase if you like, which is more than most would do. I lost 375.00 myself this year because I couldn't come up with the remainder of the money for a pair of dh for ghost that I really wanted. Let me know what you decide.

Now most of you think I should refund his deposit. These animals were posted as pastel stripes NOT REVERSE STRIPES. I've bred these animals for a number of years putting in new genetics. They are now genetic for three different types of striping. All have a ghost stripe on the side running from head to tail, some have a dorsal stripe like the Kahl line, some have a reverse stripe, and some have or show sighns of all three genetics. Stripes are very variable as any breeder will tell you and when your buying a stripe your buying a geneotype not a phenotype. You can produce super stripes (head to tail) from a slightly striped animal or slightly striped animals from a super stripe, you never know what to expect. With the add titled " striped pastels" that Drew responded to and paid a deposit on, I placed a pic of a reverse stripe and a dorsal stripe. He never said he had to have a male reverse stripe until the end as you can see from the emails. This after I turned down two possible customers for M3 and held up my othere depositers till he made his selection. What do I tell the other people who put in there 100.00 deposit and had to wait on him?
He says now that the animal wasn't to his likeing for 450.00 but as you can see that wasn't the case till I asked for the shipping fee.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread