Need help dragons dieing. - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-28-2010, 01:42 PM   #41
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder79 View Post
Armondo

Were you able to get any input from Tracie or your vet on performing a test for Adeno?
I havent heard back, but then i checked last night on my computer who i sent the email to and i noticed my phone spell checked the email reciepent and changed it on me. So its my fault i havent heard back yet. i sent another email last night and hopefully i get an answer back today or tommorrow.

My vet and the lab said they would check the ones they had already for any possiblities of anything out of the ordinary.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:07 PM   #42
angie.h
We are eager to hear what it is. How sad for you though. They are such nice creatures,and beautiful as well.

Old 04-28-2010, 02:47 PM   #43
ace9916
I also dont know what to do with eggs i have from before all this happened.( more then anything I'll freeze them and not let anything hatch this year. Since Sunday night I haven't lost anymore ( knock on wood). They all look good and running around colors are bright, two finished shedding. If they stay this way then it would be something relating to the gravid females. Attacking them at their weakest point when developing eggs. The few females I have are not producing eggs and are in different cages then the ones that have died. The males still look strong and eating well.

The lab did say they found coccidia in the Hypo het trans female the one with the smallest eggs in her, and she had bled from her mouth. At the moment i'm treating all dragons for this and making sure they dont catch it. They said the others had been dead for to long to get accurate tests for bacteria or parasites.

I'm still not convinced that this would be the cause of death to so many in such a short amount of time, with very little warning. The only way i could have them pass this way would have been if I completely neglected them and they thinned away and died.

So far the only pattern i have been able to notice myself is they seem week laying there with their heads up but eyes closing often. Then they drop in color( faded look to them.) Then darken in color and die. From point a to point be that i could tell is a few hours span.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #44
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
I also dont know what to do with eggs i have from before all this happened.( more then anything I'll freeze them and not let anything hatch this year. Since Sunday night I haven't lost anymore ( knock on wood). They all look good and running around colors are bright, two finished shedding. If they stay this way then it would be something relating to the gravid females. Attacking them at their weakest point when developing eggs. The few females I have are not producing eggs and are in different cages then the ones that have died. The males still look strong and eating well.

The lab did say they found coccidia in the Hypo het trans female the one with the smallest eggs in her, and she had bled from her mouth. At the moment i'm treating all dragons for this and making sure they dont catch it. They said the others had been dead for to long to get accurate tests for bacteria or parasites.

I'm still not convinced that this would be the cause of death to so many in such a short amount of time, with very little warning. The only way i could have them pass this way would have been if I completely neglected them and they thinned away and died.

So far the only pattern i have been able to notice myself is they seem week laying there with their heads up but eyes closing often. Then they drop in color( faded look to them.) Then darken in color and die. From point a to point be that i could tell is a few hours span.
Just a thought, but I would have thought it would have been more effective in getting some useful assistance if you had posted pics of whatever you did have. Pics of the dragons that died, your set ups, and heating arrangements.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:18 PM   #45
ace9916
Pics of the dead dragons I don't have any of them dead. U can check my profile the pics there are the way they looked once gone besides them standing of course. Pics of the enclosure I can do.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:48 PM   #46
Tere Salazar
Quote:
I know this probably won't relate at all, but I just wanted to note that this is exactly what we experienced when we had a lot of babies die from what I think was Adenovirus. They, however, were babies.

The adults that we've lost since have done a wasting away sort of thing that has gone over a span of time...not sudden in most cases. (If you aren't aware, the majority of our colony tested positive for Adenovirus some years ago.)

Anyway, aside from that, I just wanted to offer my sympathies. I do hope things continue to stabilize and you don't lose any more dragons, and that you're able to find some answers.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:15 PM   #47
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon View Post
I know this probably won't relate at all, but I just wanted to note that this is exactly what we experienced when we had a lot of babies die from what I think was Adenovirus. They, however, were babies.

The adults that we've lost since have done a wasting away sort of thing that has gone over a span of time...not sudden in most cases. (If you aren't aware, the majority of our colony tested positive for Adenovirus some years ago.)

Anyway, aside from that, I just wanted to offer my sympathies. I do hope things continue to stabilize and you don't lose any more dragons, and that you're able to find some answers.

Out of the adults that died do you know if any tested positive for adino, or was it just the live ones. What did you do with the adults that tested postive. I have read so many articles and a few books, but none give any symptoms like mine. From what i have read a talked about with others everything seems to give some sort of warning.

Old 04-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #48
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Out of the adults that died do you know if any tested positive for adino, or was it just the live ones. What did you do with the adults that tested postive. I have read so many articles and a few books, but none give any symptoms like mine. From what i have read a talked about with others everything seems to give some sort of warning.
All but one of ours tested positive. Keep in mind it's been a couple of years since we tested. All but one of those in the original colony has since died.

The males died much quicker than the females for some reason. The females, you would notice them not looking so hot, then they would slowly waste away. The males would not look so hot, and within 10 days to two weeks, they were dead. We kept them all until they died, then they were disposed of.

I really hope you get this figured out.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:05 PM   #49
ace9916
Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saladragon View Post
All but one of ours tested positive. Keep in mind it's been a couple of years since we tested. All but one of those in the original colony has since died.

The males died much quicker than the females for some reason. The females, you would notice them not looking so hot, then they would slowly waste away. The males would not look so hot, and within 10 days to two weeks, they were dead. We kept them all until they died, then they were disposed of.

I really hope you get this figured out.

From the time you lost the first one to the time you lost the last one. How lojf did it take and what did you Do with them while still alive just have them as pets or just waited for them to die.

Old 04-28-2010, 11:15 PM   #50
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Y

From the time you lost the first one to the time you lost the last one. How lojf did it take and what did you Do with them while still alive just have them as pets or just waited for them to die.
Oh, gosh. It's been so long I actually had to go back and read the thread I started when it all happened. Our first adult that died from what I'm pretty sure was adeno was Apollo. He died in 2005. The most recent death was just a couple of months ago, Adonis.

The babies I spoke of hatched the end of 2006. Since we tested in 2007, we have pretty much lost a dragon every 3 to 4 months. We've kept them as our pets and treated them like royalty until the day they died.

The one still living and absolutely thriving is Andromeda. She's got to be close to 6 years old, and is doing beautifully, still as fat and happy as she's always been.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!