Possible Ovulation? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-29-2012, 11:02 PM   #1
Micha
Possible Ovulation?

This is our first time breeding snakes and we've seen pictures of snakes that have ovulated, and our female spider may be showing signs. We paired her with a male pastel on Dec. 19th. We stopped putting them together once he lost interest in her, plus she had started to push when he was in her tote. She still eats once a week and hasn't turned down food yet. She is in shed at the moment and she is very thick.

This is her a couple of days before putting her with Gamera.

That is her as of tonight. She's been soaking all day since she's hazy so we took pictures while she was out of her bowl.

Old 02-29-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
snakesRkewl
They don't ovulate when they are in shed, maybe you missed her ovulation?
Has she been "glowing"?

Old 03-01-2012, 07:00 AM   #3
the_yellow_pony
It's possible we missed it. I am fairly confident she had a glow about her.

As you can see in the pics, she is significantly thicker than in December. I am thinking/hoping this may be her pre-lay shed.

I palpitated her about a month ago and felt what I believe were 4-5 follicles(first time palpitating).

I guess we will see. We have the incubator prepped and ready to go if she drops for us in a month or so.

Old 03-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
snakesRkewl
The middle pic looks like a glowing spider, good luck!!

Old 03-01-2012, 08:26 PM   #5
Micha
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakesRkewl View Post
The middle pic looks like a glowing spider, good luck!!
I don't think she was glowing, that was her 1st time with Gamera. It's possible my husband and I missed her ovulation. We check on her everyday but there are days where we're not home until around 7pm (and we both leave between 6 and 8 am) We'll mark the calendar once she sheds just in case its her pre-lay shed.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
dustinNMpythons
She might be building towards ovulation

Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
snowgyre
Honestly, that looks like a pre-lay shed to me. It may be just the angle of the first photograph, but it almost looks like she had a weak ovulation there unless she was fed a particularly large meal prior to the picture. Has she been laying inverted at all?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
Micha
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Honestly, that looks like a pre-lay shed to me. It may be just the angle of the first photograph, but it almost looks like she had a weak ovulation there unless she was fed a particularly large meal prior to the picture. Has she been laying inverted at all?
The first photograph is how she looked before we put her with Gamera. The second picture is of their first lock. The third is the most recent one. My husband did catch her showing her belly.

Old 03-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
Micha
He was able to catch her showing her sides

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!