A few general questions... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-15-2004, 04:06 PM   #1
LCReptiles
A few general questions...

OKay, I am now using an Animal Plastics Iris rack system (which is absolutely wonderful). Of course there isn't much room in the tubs which my geckos seem to love, and it seems pointless to have a hide in the almost completely dark box... however, I'm concerned about shedding. There isn't anything in the box except the repti-carpet. Will they have issues shedding? ALso, when it comes time each week or 2 weeks to clean out the entire cage, which type of disinfectant and stuff do you guys all use???

Thanks!

Old 08-15-2004, 04:29 PM   #2
hill4803
I have some sterilites in a rack

when I do the weekly cleaning I use mild antibacterial soap / water (rinse) then give it a good spritz with nolvasan (I rinse after the nolvasan has sat for about 15 minutes). For the monthly cleaning I use a bleach solution (soak).

Old 08-15-2004, 06:49 PM   #3
LCReptiles
What about needing something inside for them to shed?

Old 08-16-2004, 05:35 PM   #4
geckosurfer
Since we use paper towels, I just mist the part by the heat and that gives them a sufficient "steam" bath. They seem to do well. Those that need help, I take a small tub with air holes, a moist paper towel and let them hang out a bit. Then the skin seems to come off really well.

I have spare tubs on hand that I keep clean so I'm cleaning atleast two a night.

Julie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!